How many of Ye Olde HCEG Gang are still here?

GilmourD

• Members

Yeah, so HC committing seppuku many moons ago hasn't killed my GAS. It only got worse. Apparently this place rose from the digital ashes several months ago and I just discovered that a week or two ago.

Are there any familiar faces around here anymore? Anybody shocked to see me? LOL

• Members
1 hour ago, AshboneWish said:

Was pretty much a lurker, but back in the day this was the best forum anywhere!

Its a shame what happened, but that's life I guess.

Check in here now and again, but it just seems so slow.

Seriously. Remember when we used to have to bump threads after just a couple hours to keep them on the first page?

• Like 1

• Members
20 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

Seriously. Remember when we used to have to bump threads after just a couple hours to keep them on the first page?

I joined just before the last wave of the party. You could literally set there and watch a thread  drop down the page

• Like 1

• Members
21 hours ago, GilmourD said:

Yes indeed I do! And there were so many interesting threads. A lot of very talented people making and repairing.

I even think there was a 'live' drawings at times for items people would donate. Never won anything though!

The red Strat build was epic for the girl in Europe.  

Funt times!

• Like 1

• Members
On 6/21/2020 at 6:34 PM, AshboneWish said:

Yes indeed I do! And there were so many interesting threads. A lot of very talented people making and repairing.

I even think there was a 'live' drawings at times for items people would donate. Never won anything though!

The red Strat build was epic for the girl in Europe.  

Funt times!

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder whatever happened to her.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
On 6/23/2020 at 2:55 PM, AshboneWish said:

I think the story was published in a Guitar magazine, and I also seem to recall there was some pictures of her with the guitar. Thats all I remember.

One person gave a neck, another a body (wish I could remember who now - search seems borked that far back) I donated a set of PUs and Ratae C put it all together & shipped it. I didn't see those pix, sadly.

I've been here about 20 years now, first came for OLGA, but dates and posts got scrambled & lost in the various changes.

• Members
24 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

One person gave a neck, another a body (wish I could remember who now - search seems borked that far back) I donated a set of PUs and Ratae C put it all together & shipped it. I didn't see those pix, sadly.

I've been here about 20 years now, first came for OLGA, but dates and posts got scrambled & lost in the various changes.

That's how I got here too.

Stealin Andrew Roger tabs.:lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...