How many of Ye Olde HCEG Gang are still here?

GilmourD

• Members

Me neither, but trying a Plexi for the first time (in the form of the Studio Vintage), I understood how a lower-gain, more dynamic amp could be "played".

I've most active on TGP for guitar and Gearslutz for synth. Muffwiggler is more modular-oriented, and VSE is rather slow these days.

I begrudgingly use Facebook for gear sales and a local synth group. I prefer forums, and I'm not even 30. I'm a Boomer trapped in a Millennial body.

• Members

Not sure if I qualify as one of the gang, but I'm drawn back here every time I read that one of my old guitar heroes has died!

In its heyday this place was absolutely buzzing... has seemed a bit of a ghost town any time I've dropped in the past decade or so...

Still, nice to see some familiar old names in this thread - GilmourD, xStonr, Ancient Mariner, GAS Man, Kevman, Brian Krashpad... also just looked up jjpistols and watched some of his vids on FB :)

I don't use social media much but I do watch guitar-related material on YouTube - lessons, gear demos, rig rundowns, interviews, etc. Seldom post on any forums but there are still a handful of decent guitar forums out there that are a good source for knowledge and experience.

Cheers.

Edited by One-armed Alec
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I've just checked in for the first time in.... years. Miss this place, used to surf it all day long when I worked a dead-end desk job with a lax web-use policy.

Anyway, thread needs more guitars. Here's a pic of my main squeeze at the moment - "inherited" from my dad recently - he's alive and well, but mostly plays acoustic these days.stratCOLLAGE.thumb.jpg.b9e3d31969075397e513116f63a97f1d.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I responded to a similar thread in the effects section

Used to be on every day in the later 90's and early 00's until everything seemed to go away here. Had three guitars when I started, 26 when I left

Between this site and TGP, it seems like it cost me more money than the entire 39 1/2 years with the wife (so far)

Edited by EPFudbutter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow. I just logged in out of curiosity and amazingly HC is still operating.

My profile says that I joined in 2000 but I recall that our join date was reset around that time due to another site update (whoda thunk it). I remember the OLGA so my guess is I was active here around 1997!!

No other forum can match what this place was.

So sad. A toast to those who made this place great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members
On 1/14/2021 at 8:07 PM, anti-flag193 said:

Just came back on here a few days ago after 10+ years. I joined mid 2001 I think and left when this place fell apart years back, don't really remember what happened.

The forum changed owners and they changed the underlying software for it to something suuuuuuper buggy and difficult to use. Lots of changes, not a single one for the better.

• Like 1

• Members
On 5/7/2021 at 10:24 AM, Guggleflub said:

I was here from about 1997-2006. This site changed for the worse very quickly. Still can’t remember the guitar site that a lot of the regulars migrated to. 

Mark Wein has a forum that lots of people from here went to. Cool place and members. 

The other place is The Gear Page, but I got turned off by the pretentiousness after a while.

• Members

Huh, my profile's still functional after nearly 18 years.

But yeah, still playing guitar, but precious little forum activity. I sometimes post over at TGP, mostly in the Playing and Technique section.

I should be more active over at Mark Wein's place, that one has a bit of that old Guitar Jam feel, only without the incessant bickering.

Great to see so many familiar names here, brings back memories. ^^

• Members

Lol. This forum still actually exists?

If you include "still here" as me looking at what's new every couple years or so since the forum took a big dump all over itself,  then I guess I'm still here.

Ok. Its been nice. See yall in a couple of years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Members
5 hours ago, DaveAronow said:

Lol. This forum still actually exists?

If you include "still here" as me looking at what's new every couple years or so since the forum took a big dump all over itself,  then I guess I'm still here.

Ok. Its been nice. See yall in a couple of years.

See ya dave. It's been real.:wave: