How many of Ye Olde HCEG Gang are still here?

GilmourD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Just popped in to see if anyone was still around, but I saw only cobwebs and old whiny ghosts, complaining about the price of bread. 😁 I see some familiar faces and names, though.

I switched to bass some time ago and I'm a Jazz / Blues / Funk band now, well the singer lives in Miami but we do record songs, from time to time. Ohh and I got married. 🤔

Hope you're doing fine guys. 😎

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

Like I am now. :p

Just another 2 1/2 years....

Trust me...wait until you are over 67....unless you have a serious 401k/IRA.

My retirement from the Fortune 50 company I worked for in the 80s is ~$350 a month:(....doesn't even cover gas for the month...or my bar tab.:angry49:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Members
1 hour ago, daddymack said:

Trust me...wait until you are over 67....unless you have a serious 401k/IRA.

My retirement from the Fortune 50 company I worked for in the 80s is ~$350 a month:(....doesn't even cover gas for the month...or my bar tab.:angry49:

I'm in the UK and *hoping* for something a bit better than that. Have pensions in various places plus the basic state pension starts at 67 and is $278/week at present rates. Should be at least double that with other pensions. We have a house in an expensive location that may well get sold so we can downsize, and another home in France that we're renovating. Ran my own business for 6 years and was reminded of what we learned when the kids were small, that we can live on very little if we have too. 😶

It feels like life is slipping rapidly by, doing stuff that we enjoy less these days than we did. Work was once exciting and a challenge, but not so much now.

Hope you've got a good income from other sources.

Edited by Ancient Mariner