what say you?

mistersully

• Members

I'm not sure who the builder is but if it happens to be Joseph Yanuziello he does that on purpose. He takes a B3 and saws the end off of it, then sinks it down into the body to get the string angle that he wants, He claims that the pressure roller of a B5 puts too much angle on the strings - his guitars are pretty small bodies.

Ditch the pick guard' date=' lose the relic, and replace the modded Bigsby with a Washburn Wonder Bar.[/quote']

The Washburn Wonderbar - now there's a piece of gear I haven't seen or heard much about for quite a long time!

Do they still have their fans? Is Washburn still making those? The last one I played or saw was on a bandmate's A-20 from / back in the late 80s...

• Members

I kind of like it, but would not likely pony up to purchase one. But I like it's stripped down LP Jr vibe with the Bigsby. I don't need relic'ing, and I'd rather see the pickups reversed. And why do you need to angle the neck pup up on the bass side? I'd either leave it w/o an angle or have the angle reversed to get a bit more bite and less mud from the low end. And who made that WR pickup? If it's a new RI Fender WR, forget it. Also, a different looking PG, like tortoise, would be better, and the shape could be a little less "George Jetson".

So I like it's size and it looks like a player, but I'm not all in.

• Members

As far as I know, they are still discontinued, and I haven't seen anything indicating a reissue. But they're showing up on customs, and even NIB old stocks pop up on Reverb. They seem to consistently fetch around $200. I would love to see either a reissue or Schiller/Gotoh licensed release.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived