My house got robbed!

honeyiscool

• Members

Yeah, you don't carry a hand gun in a night stand, you carry it on your body, always. And of course, we do not shot people over our property, and Honey is likely better off without having the death of a stranger on his conscience. But, if one owns a gun for protection, one should carry it, always.

I hear ya... and my question was DEFINITELY not politically-motivated. Just interested in the logistics of what transpired. I've known a few people that carry from the time they get out of bed until the go back to bed but the overwhelming majority do not... in my experience. Usually once they are home or at least getting 'settled down', they take the gun off. Not saying that's the right answer, but I'd be willing to bet that somewhere around 90% take the gun off more than an hour before they go to bed.

:idk:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Egad honey, that is so unbelievably uncool.

Going through a face-related physical issue, so I will, in a sense, be feeling your pain. Hope you get better quick. I will pray for your health, and more importantly, your safety.

I'm going to second all the security advice. Lock that place up good and get everything you can somewhere else (including yourself). My grandmother had a similar incident about 6 years ago. She never did recover.

• Members

Holy {censored} man! What'd they hit you with... a 2x4? Glad you've got a positive attitude about it, and I hope you recover quickly. I know free advice is like elbows - everyone has enough to last a lifetime, but if it was me, I'd move, and soon. Probably to a different part of town, and with a roomy without plants (legal or otherwise).

Fast recovery.

• Members

Sorry to hear...all the best to you. Your post gives the impression that you aren't really down about the whole thing which is amazing. If you stay positive like that you will come out better for it.

I'm honestly not too down about it. This broken jaw will eventually heal and it's really brought all my friends closer together and all that. Just a lot of paid time off work and I'm allowed to sleep all day. :)

p.s. I think one of the thing I noted was how calm and non-combative I was throughout the whole thing. I doubt I would have acted differently if I had a gun. For one, they got the jump on me, and second of all, I didn't want a fight. I just wanted it over with. I think they stomped on me out of frustration (b/c they found nothing of worth) mainly because I popped in the house while they were still in the process of robbing it. The first guy in the house barely even got touched.

• Members

Skipped valuables, went right for drugs = THEY KNEW YOU HAD DRUGS IN THE HOUSE.

I would say that except they barely even knew where to find the drugs either. And they took plants and not the stash of weed. Basically they were idiots, no matter how you cut it. They didn't know what to look for, and their best idea at improvising was brutally attacking a kid who doesn't even smoke weed.

• Members

I'm honestly not too down about it. This broken jaw will eventually heal and it's really brought all my friends closer together and all that. Just a lot of paid time off work and I'm allowed to sleep all day.
:)

p.s. I think one of the thing I noted was how calm and non-combative I was throughout the whole thing. I doubt I would have acted differently if I had a gun. For one, they got the jump on me, and second of all, I didn't want a fight. I just wanted it over with. I think they stomped on me out of frustration (b/c they found nothing of worth) mainly because I popped in the house while they were still in the process of robbing it. The first guy in the house barely even got touched.

well that's the right thing to do anyway....hero bull{censored} is for hollywood....not for reality. I'm sure any resistance would have just pissed them off even more.

Glad to hear your handling it well....but again....don't ignore your mental state, if you start to feel uneasy about things.

• Members

So what can they chage these {censored}s for under your laws. Here because they tied you up would be unlawful confinement. Aggravated assault for sure. Robbery, Using a firearm while commiting a crime is a separate change here ,as is violence.

Hope they can nail these twits soon and throw away the key.

• Members

So what can they chage these {censored}s for under your laws. Here because they tied you up would be unlawful confinement. Aggravated assault for sure. Robbery, Using a firearm while commiting a crime is a separate change here ,as is violence.

Hope they can nail these twits soon and throw away the key.

Burglary, assault and battery, assault with a deadly weapon, use of a firearm in commission of a felony, under California law, that could be a pretty damned long prison sentence if convicted.

• Members

Scarey stuff, The outcome could have been a lot worse. In a situation like that, you are powerless and at the mercy of some thugs. A buddy of mine got held up at gunpoint on Halloween. He answered the door and two intruders with gun duct taped hime to a chair and ransacked the place. Think of everyone who knew you had the herbs. Could be someone closer to you than you think. Glad you are OK.

• Members

Glad to hear you are taking it pretty well. Oh and +1 on the big dog. Not only are dogs fun, but they are a huuuge deterrent to anyone considering breaking in. First thing I do when I get my own place will be to get a doggy

• Members

I just spotted this thread, HiC. Much mojo and prayers for ya, and definitely add an alarm and catalogue your stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if those assholes decided on a return visit. You also might want to figure out who let them know about your weed supply.

Archived