My house got robbed!

honeyiscool

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree to some degree that it is moronic owners that help to give pit bulls the reputation they have....but I don't think it's totally undeserved.

They are Terriers after all. A breed specifically bred for an aggressive fearless trait. Hunting rats, rabbits, otters and other 'pests'. And the pit bull specifically for "bull-baiting" and later direct fighting with other dogs. Even the best trained pit bull in the world still has 100 + years of instinct to attack other living critters.

Not that you said this...but I have heard it before from ardent pit bull fans....that pit bulls are "just like any other breed if trained properly"... is clearly not true.

What?

• Members

i don't even lock my door because any poor bastard that even comes near it that's not a recognized sniff is greeted by this ...

25324_396505359119_5500152_n.jpg

110lbs, fast as hell, ~380lbs per square inch of bite, (when i give him a REAL bone to chew on, it's almost scary to me how he bites through it like it's butter) insanely loyal to the wife and i and does not like anyone not properly introduced.

wanna break into my crib? good luck, dawg. most would turn around when they hear his angry bark. this most often includes delivery drivers; who usually just call me as opposed to knocking on the door.

• Members

he actually probably saved the wife from an assault driving from LA to vegas. she'd taken him with her going home to visit her mom and they stopped at a rest stop for a bathroom break. some fool was tryna roll up on her - pretty girl at a desert rest stop late at night? - and les JUMPS out of the window of her car and got in front of her, all barking and growling. mother{censored}er turned around and walked away. god knows what might have happened if he weren't there.

• Members

he actually probably saved the wife from an assault driving from LA to vegas. she'd taken him with her going home to visit her mom and they stopped at a rest stop for a bathroom break. some fool was tryna roll up on her - pretty girl at a desert rest stop late at night? - and les JUMPS out of the window of her car and got in front of her, all barking and growling. mother{censored}er turned around and walked away. god knows what might have happened if he weren't there.

good boy Les good boy

nice doggie.

• Members

and the way California medicinal law is written,
anyone
can get a prescription.

Which is why, logically and in actuality, the average crazed pot head thief will steal valuables and buy their own pot. Not steal a couple ounces worth of plants that will need care and curing and MIGHT yield something they could sell down the road.

This doesn't sound so much like a robbery - sounds like local dealers targeting a house where they thought someone else was selling or growing. How they got that impression is another whole question...

• Members

Which is why, logically and in actuality, the average crazed pot head thief will steal valuables and
buy their own pot
. Not steal a couple ounces worth of plants that will need care and curing and MIGHT yield something they could sell down the road.

This doesn't sound so much like a robbery - sounds like local dealers targeting a house where they thought someone else was selling or growing. How they got that impression is another whole question...

If you are aware of any crazed potheads who steal stuff to buy weed by all means please let me know. Wrong drug. Potheads just call a friend.....

No comment on the rest.

• Members
You don't know much about weed, do you?

1) NOT addicts. Thus not desperate and irrational.

2) A few plants, for medical reasons, is about 2-4 ounces of weed at full yield. The odds they were all ready to harvest even smaller. It also requires curing, care, etc... It's not a big bag of drugs. The odds of desperate pot head addicts that know how to grow, cultivate, and care for marijuana, and are desperate to get their hands on about $800 worth of weed that could take months to be ready to sell? LOL - or they could grab the TV and a few guitars, and have $800 from craigslist in about 10 hours.

You seem to think pot heads are like crack heads or junkies. Pot related crimes like you describe are few and far between, and typically gang/distribution related. Not people murdering medical marijuana patients of a few ounces of weed.

• Members

+1 on getting a dog!

Stella keeps my stuff(and wife) nice and safe. Although at around 6 feet on her hind legs and 120+lbs, she is the biggest baby in the world. I just wish she would bark more.

IMG_3021.JPG

This is my brothers Staffordshire, Buddha. It's not the breed it's the owner. His Alaskan Malamute killed more living creatures than this little guy. He is the most lovable pooch ever.

Buddha.jpg

• Members

Federal law always takes precedence over state law, and the way California medicinal law is written,
anyone
can get a prescription.
The break-in wouldn't have happened had weed not been present
, but I don't think Honey made this thread to get lectured. You both have points, now both of you let it go and wish Honeyiscool a speedy recovery:thu:

Based on what?

• Members

Many moons ago I had the opportunity to sit in with K9 units training. As their special guest, I got a turn in the suit for the Sheps to "attack." I'm not a small man, 6'1" and 220 (and quite fit at the time), and I thought I was ready. Until you have been on the business end of one of those animals you have no idea how fast and strong they are. And they are fiercely protective of their handlers. Attack the handler and all rules go out the window.

Archived