My house got robbed!

honeyiscool

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really sorry to read this. Pay attention to what others have said about these {censored}tards coming back. If you have some friends who will help, I'd move your gear out of your place for a while, even consider breaking your lease or doing a midnight move. I don't think a gun will do you much good, unfortunately. Hope you recuperate quickly.

• Members

{censored} honey, glad you are talking about it, that is really positive. Must have been pretty traumatic. Warm good thoughts and a speedy recovery coming from down under. I really feel for you. You are a brave man and I am glad you are here to tell the tale. Take care bud. billy

• Members

F'in hell! Mojo, prayers and good thoughts your say, son.

Speedy recovery and lots of attention to home security.

Even if they don't brag it around, you should not leave things as they are just in case and you will feel better for it.

Cats are cute but a good dog is worth its weight in cats.

Plus a dialup alarm and cameras.

As the Doctor said, I'd definitely look around and see what changes could be made to make things a bit safer. Take pics of your stuff including closeups of serial numbers and keep them on an online acct.

And since it's been brought up, if you had a handgun, say, in a night stand, do you think there is ANY chance things would have been different? I'm a gun owner, but I'm always interested in knowing how effective or ineffective a gun might have been through a given incident.

• Members

Dang, HIC, that sucks! Glad that you got away from it with the few scrapes that you did, and that you'll be okay in the long run.

While you're on the mend, don't forget about making sure that you're healing emotionally, too. We were broken into a couple years ago, and my daughter had a real rough time for a little bit - panic attacks, etc. It took a while, but she got through it.

It sounds like you're dealing with it well. Stay strong, my friend.

• Members

Sorry to hear about this {censored}ed up situation.
It's great that you're being so positive about it but make sure you keep your people around you for support when you need it.
I hope the cops catch these pricks and keep you posted so you can put it all behind you.
All the best.

Archived