My house got robbed!

honeyiscool

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Boy does that suck!!!! I'm really sorry about your injury, but happy that you're OK otherwise. I'm guessing that you're probably feeling really sore, totally freaked out and perhaps a little out of it today. Hope you heal quickly and that the cops nail the bastards.

:cop:

• Members

Inb4 marijuana haters.

Hit a bong.

That really sucks dude, and is one of my major points why marijuana should be legalized. It seems that these people broke into your house, held you up ad gunpoint, assaulted you just to take some {censored}ing plants.

I was walking to my girlfriends dorm in Detroit, right behind the DIA and I got mugged at gunpoint. {censored}er took my insulin pump, but left my blackberry, wallet and car keys :facepalm:

I'm glad that you're okay and they left the really important stuff. They should be caught soon, especially if they took contraband.

• Members

More mojo to you HIC. Could have been so much worse. A cat like that might help deter thieves a bit more than a normal house cat or two. Big ass dogs help as well. An investment in a security system is a good idea, until they are caught they are out there they know what you have and they are clearly violent men...don't take any chances

Hope you feel better physical and mentality soon

• Members

Sorry to hear that man.

I second (third, fourth etc.) the notion that these guys knew what you had and what they wanted to take.

This has been happening in my neighborhood. A kid has been going around looking through windows, and chatting with people to get info on what they have (seems to be mostly into video game stuff), and what their work schedules were etc. Conversation seems innocent at the time but then something happens. For instance, he was talking with a neighbor down the street who happened to mention his ps3. A few hours later after he went to work 'someone' broke in and only took the ps3 and other gamer stuff. Keep a look out and go talk to your neighbors to see if they've noticed anything strange going on in the neighborhood.

• Members

I'm sure that had to be a pretty terrifying experience. It's wonderful that you are handling it so well. Very glad that the end result is not as bad as it could have been. I hope that you gave the police a very good physical description of these low life thugs and that they catch them. I also hope that they can be charged with a greater crime for the assaults with weapons and will spend some serious jail time.

My ultimate wish is that they would get caught and resist arrest, getting gunned down by law enforcement which would save the tax payers much expense to house their sorry asses in the pen.

• Members

On Tuesday night I went into my house to find intruders in my house who were in the process of robbing my house. I was held at gunpoint and my jaw was broken before I was tied with tape to the floor. I'm OK, now, though, and I hope the intruders get found soon. They didn't wear masks or gloves so they left a million prints in the house and all that. My cat is also OK.

483983_10100459938052251_84492917_n.jpg

The amazing thing was how crappy the robbers were. They didn't take any of the electronics, the iMacs or guitars or speakers or anything, and were really sloppy. They didn't take any of my stuff, only taking a little bit of cash and some weed plants, legally registered plants, too, so we called the cops right away. And they took the plants! Which probably died quickly because who takes plants anyway!

Anyway, my mouth will be sealed shut for the next five weeks or so and I'll be forced to have a liquid diet. I also had a concussion, but other than that, I'm fine. It'll take more than that to bring this guy down.

{censored}ing terrible~ my sincere condolences that you had to endure that. many wishes that justice is served swiftly. you seem like a guy with his head on straight, so seeking help might be the right answer if you start to have abnormal thoughts/dreams/behaviors. i hope you have a solid support network of friends and family members. use it, if you do.

• Members

{censored}ing terrible~ my sincere condolences that you had to endure that. many wishes that justice is served swiftly. you seem like a guy with his head on straight, so seeking help might be the right answer if you start to have abnormal thoughts/dreams/behaviors. i hope you have a solid support network of friends and family members. use it, if you do.

My mugging took awhile to get over. Something like this would really mess me up. There's no shame in getting help man. Shoot me a PM if you need anything.

• Members

That's a fricking nightmare. I've got kids and if I think about that type of stuff happening too much I literally can't sleep.

Concussions suck....expect to have a mental haze for a little while, which should go away. Emotions can go up and down too, partly from stress, partly from the body going through the repair/healing process. Totally normal, and you'll come out fine. But you may have memory gaps around the event that never get filled in.

• Members

And since it's been brought up, if you had a handgun, say, in a night stand, do you think there is ANY chance things would have been different? I'm a gun owner, but I'm always interested in knowing how effective or ineffective a gun might have been through a given incident.

Yeah, you don't carry a hand gun in a night stand, you carry it on your body, always. And of course, we do not shot people over our property, and Honey is likely better off without having the death of a stranger on his conscience. But, if one owns a gun for protection, one should carry it, always.

Archived