Oct 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members

Free shipping. No tax outside of New York.

Seems like a good deal to me. I bit. I'm fairly certain these are old MIK models that were lying around. I hope mine's a player. It has the Seymour Duncan pickups, according to the Alto site, and it has the brass saddles. We'll see.

I live 10 min from Alto. Great store. If you call ask for Phil or Ritchie

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

$200 for an Epiphone Hummingbird if anyone is interested. For that price, I'd guess you'd be getting a good value. Has a solid spruce top

p31409.jpg

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-EAHB-HS?src=W0808NDNENEWDAYP

Although this is a "New Day Deal" it says on the page "New Lower Price" so maybe this is more than a one-day deal. I've seen that before with AMS, that they'll launch lowered prices on their NDD, that remain for a while.

Hardware: Nickel

Scale: 25.5 inch

Nut Width: 1.68 inch

Neck: Set

Neck Material: Mahogany

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Fingerboard Inlay: Split Parallelogram

Binding: Body and Neck

Body Material: Mahogany

Top: Solid Sprice

• Members

Sweetwater has the Gibson Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute (Satin Gold Top, Dark Back) on sale for $674.50!!

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPST5HGT?utm_source=none&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&gclid=CN3m1trCiLMCFW1yQgod8DQA2Q

les-paul-studio-50s-tribute-features.jpg

I was told today that Sweetwater only has 80 left of 240 they are allowed to sell at this price. Seems like a GREAT deal on a Gibson LP to me; a little over 20% off everyone else's $849 price! Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though, as I would like to eventually own a nice Gibson Les Paul and should start knowing their prices / sales. :)

• Members

Too bad the 119. EB Alvin Lee guitars got cancelled;-O

Shipping Method: Standard

Items: $119.99

Shipping & Handling: $3.99

------

Total Before Tax: $123.98

Estimated Tax To Be Collected:* $0.00

------

Order Total: $123.98

Delivery estimate: Oct. 22, 2012 - Oct. 25, 2012 1 "Ernie Ball Music Man Albert Lee HH Hardtail ELECTRIC GUITAR w/CASE!"

$119.99

In Stock

Sold by: My Music Life

Would have posted if it shipped....

• Members

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPST5HGT?utm_source=none&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&gclid=CN3m1trCiLMCFW1yQgod8DQA2Q

les-paul-studio-50s-tribute-features.jpg

I was told today that Sweetwater only has 80 left of 240 they are allowed to sell at this price. Seems like a GREAT deal on a Gibson LP to me; a little over 20% off everyone else's $849 price! Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though, as I would like to eventually own a nice Gibson Les Paul and should start knowing their prices / sales.
:)

If that had covered 57's, resistance would be futile.

• Members

I smell a fire sale on Firebirds.....sooon. It smells like baked maple. I actually like the smell.

Really? I smell a sale on all slow-moving, cheaply manufactured, Gibsons that invoke the name of a revered model in a thinly-veiled attempt to to occupy shelf space in stores.. To me, a Firebird must have: an offset "reverse" body style; mahogany construction; a five-piece through-body neck; reverse headstock; banjo tuners; and, real mini-humbuckers. If Gibson wants to trot out umpteen different models called "Les Paul" or "Firebird", that is their prerogative as the trade mark holder, but make no mistake, these bare little resemblence to the iconic brands we know and love.

• Members

Really? I smell a sale on all slow-moving, cheaply manufactured, Gibsons that invoke the name of a revered model in a thinly-veiled attempt to to occupy shelf space in stores.. To me, a Firebird must have: an offset "reverse" body style; mahogany construction; a five-piece through-body neck; reverse headstock; banjo tuners; and, real mini-humbuckers. If Gibson wants to trot out umpteen different models called "Les Paul" or "Firebird", that is their prerogative as the trade mark holder, but make no mistake, these bare little resemblence to the iconic brands we know and love.

52e196e1_lighten_up_francis.jpeg

• Members

Can someone give me the HCEG member name of the gentleman from Music123 who posted here a few weeks ago about assisting prospective buyers who have difficulties with getting a price match?

Just asked for a PM with Sweetwater's 699.00 price, and I was sent a quote that was...wait for it..$2.10 less than Sweetwater's. Two dollars and ten cents. The injury added to insult? Their sketchy modus operandi of throwing extraneous accessories into the shopping cart.

I have credit coming from M123, and I would like to make use of it, so I didn't automatically order from Sweetwater. Now, perhaps, I won't buy the guitar at all. Maybe that's what I'm supposed to be taking away from all of this, but M123? All I can do is shake my head.

• Members

Can someone give me the HCEG member name of the gentleman from Music123 who posted here a few weeks ago about assisting prospective buyers who have difficulties with getting a price match?

Just asked for a PM with Sweetwater's 699.00 price, and I was sent a quote that was...wait for it..$2.10 less than Sweetwater's. Two dollars and ten cents. The injury added to insult? Their sketchy modus operandi of throwing extraneous accessories into the shopping cart.

I have credit coming from M123, and I would like to make use of it, so I didn't automatically order from Sweetwater. Now, perhaps, I won't buy the guitar at all. Maybe that's what I'm supposed to be taking away from all of this, but M123? All I can do is shake my head.

user: chbaker

email address: webtalk@music123.com

Archived