Oct 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by MorganB View Post
Anyone get a Tele Legacy yet????
I bought one of their Strat clones back when they were $50 or $60 to use as a guinea pig. All in all not a terrible guitar. I used it as my first fret leveling & polishing platform even though the fretwork was decent enough to begin with. The pickups were surprisingly good also. It came with mini pots which I swapped out for full-size ones, and ended up having to rout out a bit of the electronics cavity to make them fit. It doesn't sustain all that great (noticeably different from a Classic Vibe 50's Strat I had at the time), probably from a combination of body wood quality and a cheap trem, but otherwise it's a nice player especially after a minor setup. The image on Amazon's website had a generic headstock, but I was pleased to open the box see that it was a straight-up Fender Strat clone.

Those are my experiences with the Strat clone from Legacy, for what it's worth- I realize we're talking about the Tele here.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoIKnow

View Post

I ordered one on the 2nd, but all I know is that a UPS label has been printed, but it has not shipped yet. Going to give it until the end of the week before I raise a stink.

I knew if I complained even just a little to someone, things would get moving. The tele should be here Friday. I will let everyone know what I think.

• Members

GFS just added a bunch of guitars to their blem page. http://www.guitarfetish.com/Xaviere-Guitars_c_185.html

IMHO, the LP copies are an especially good deal. Expect that these will likely need a good setup and fret level if you order one. Last time they had a Lemon Drop XV-500 up, I bought it. It's now one of my favorite guitars. I bought the Amber Sunrise XV-510 from this batch.

• Members
Marshall Haze MHZ15 15W Tube Guitar Amp Head was $599.00 now $329.99

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...uitar-amp-head

DV016_Jpg_Large_581909_front.jpg

I bought one of these during the labor day sale from Sweetwater. They had it for $420 but included one matching angled 1x12 cab. I also tracked down a matching straight base cab, but I'll tell you that wasn't quite as easy or economical, but I wanted to be able to build the full Haze stack.

This deal here for $90 less, and no cabs, I'd say is a pretty sweet deal. With 15 watts it's an all-tube Marshall you can crank without the villagers coming after you with lit torches. And you can drive whatever cabs you have kicking around and come out okay on this deal. I think these weren't a hugely successful amp series, but they were about $1,100 for the original MAP on the full stack, and at those prices, I can see why they weren't lined up around the block, but at these prices now, I'd call them a GASr's opportunity.

Here's a pic of my mess

IMG_0201.jpg

The on-board reverb is nice and its got some other fx on it as well, but the adjustable parameters of the fx are somewhat limited. Also comes with a foot switch. Oh, and it remembers your fx settings as you toggle back between the Normal and Over Drive channels.

• Members

This seems like a decent deal if you are in the market for both of these items:

Line 6 DT50 112 25/50W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp Black $1150

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...itar-combo-amp

Line 6 POD HD500 Guitar Multi-Effects Processor $399 (Restock - looks like it still qualifies for rebate)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...ects-processor

Buy a combination of any JTV guitar, any DT-series amp, and a POD HD500/POD HD Pro and receive a $500 rebate. Purchase any JTV series guitar and save a $200 instant rebate. Purchase any DT-series amp is eligible to save a $150 instant rebate.
You could possibly get both items for $1,050.

• Members

In a moment of weakness I ordered the Legacy tele. Arrived yesterday. I've only played it unplugged so consider this an initial evaluation. The body is fine with no blemishes in the finish. The neck is nice and although I'd prefer a profile closer to a soft "V" it is well crafted. The tuners seem good and the nut is cut decently enough. It will need a setup but what do you expect for $79. I'll probably take it apart and see how close the pocket and neck dimensions are to standard fender. Seems like a great modding platform. Oh, the e string already broke when I was giving it a good workout this morning. Right in the middle of the neck at about the 9th fret. One would assume cheap factory strings since there are no apparent fret burrs.

• Members

Vox Night Train NT15H 15W Guitar Amp Head Restock Chrome $429 (looks like rebate is still good)

Purchase a select Vox Item and Receive Cash Back. This offer is valid on any new DelayLab, NT2H, NT15H, NT50H, TB35C1, or TB35C2 purchased in the U.S. from an authorized VOX dealer.The rebate period runs from October 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012.
Rebate is $100 for 15w Night Train = Net Cost of $330

Archived