Oct 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by etawful View Post
The warning is happening because of a link to another site that is posted. If you click on the Safe Browsing diagnostic link in the page you posted, you'll see a report of why it's happening. http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...hrome&hl=en-US

The problem is that a link to "ampage.org" triggered a malware warning because THAT site had infected people. Also - the last time Google reviewed the site was 10/2 which means those links could have been removed by now and the warning would still be in place.
This isn't exactly true. The warning is saying that people have visited THIS site and had software that was hosted on "ampage.org" installed without consent. Every time I've gotten this warning from Google, it's been a real threat and some small number of people really did get infected.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN

View Post

You know. I caved on the Aria. It looked really cool, and it would not duplicate anything I have now. The couple reviews I found were very positive. The Surf Green color is fun, but really I like the red best. I LOVE RED GUITARS!

I resisted. I just kept looking at the bridge until I convinced myself it looked too cheap and would need replacing to be usable. Let me know if I was right or wrong

• Members

Re the Aria Mosrite clone, I have played the very similar Wilson Bros model - and Ultimately i found that the guitar had real difficulty staying in tune due to a combo of strat style floating trem, and a 3+3 headstock - (which I consider a very poor combo on any guitar ) as the D & G strings always go sharp as they get stuck in the Nut - anytime you touch the whammy bar.

So budget locking tuners and Graph-Tech Nut

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy

View Post

I resisted. I just kept looking at the bridge until I convinced myself it looked too cheap and would need replacing to be usable. Let me know if I was right or wrong

See -- saved by elantric!

• Members

I will post an impression on the Aria. But hello music can be quite slow in shipping. As far as floating bridges go, I like them. I cannot tell
if the Aria has a floating bridge or not.

Update: I just got a quick reply from Aria support. The dim 380 does have a floating bridge.

• Members

So if that was a serious question - the little 5w Defender would be really good for home use. I think you would need to mic it for any kind of a gig.

Back to the Aria - I have never played one, but I have to say the Customer Service was great. I got a quick reply by email on the floating trem question, and a full page reply on my tuning question. I was impressed with that.

• Members

Here's a deal for those bass-curious types out there

IBA%20GATK20%20CA.jpg

Ibanez Gio GATK20 Electric Bass Guitar - Candy Apple MSRP $357, Regular $199.95, New Day Deal $139.95
http://www.americanmusical.com/RSS_Feeds/Ndnd.aspx

Ibanez Gio GATK20 Electric Bass Guitar

Straight and to the point, the Ibanez Gio GATK20 Electric Bass Guitar is the stripped down, no-nonsense version of the ATK with the same large body and a huge rock sound. Featuring basswood body, maple neck, STD-M bridge pickup and chrome hardware, the sleek looking Ibanez Gio GATK20 Electric Bass Guitar provides power, punch, and great tone right where it

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bsman

View Post

Regarding the question on the Defender amp: It's actually fairly loud -- moreso than I'd expected for five watts. I believe that the rating is too conservative, and it's likely closer to ten...

Aren't all the single-tube EL84 amps going to be about the same? Having been through a Valve Jr, Blackheart, Crate v5, and the Defender, I'd say yes. Of those, only the Crate has a outlier (...in a bad direction). In the end, it's probably driven by speaker efficiency more than anything.

• Members

What kind of speakers are in these? I did see these Carbon tolexed cabs in Guitar Center the other day and it looked and even felt really nice in person. I forget what the price was there in GC, but I think it was either $279 or $299 I was still thinking it "looked" nice at that price even, but that was without hearing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganB View Post
Marshall low end Celestion cabinet. MGCF 412 $http://www.amazon.com/Marshall-MG412...r+amp+marshall.

Archived