Oct 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members

Can someone give me the HCEG member name of the gentleman from Music123 who posted here a few weeks ago about assisting prospective buyers who have difficulties with getting a price match?

Just asked for a PM with Sweetwater's 699.00 price, and I was sent a quote that was...wait for it..$2.10 less than Sweetwater's. Two dollars and ten cents. The injury added to insult? Their sketchy modus operandi of throwing extraneous accessories into the shopping cart.

I have credit coming from M123, and I would like to make use of it, so I didn't automatically order from Sweetwater. Now, perhaps, I won't buy the guitar at all. Maybe that's what I'm supposed to be taking away from all of this, but M123? All I can do is shake my head.

I guess I am not getting it. You asked for a price match and got a quote that was less? What is the problem?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Can someone give me the HCEG member name of the gentleman from Music123 who posted here a few weeks ago about assisting prospective buyers who have difficulties with getting a price match?

Just asked for a PM with Sweetwater's 699.00 price, and I was sent a quote that was...wait for it..$2.10 less than Sweetwater's. Two dollars and ten cents. The injury added to insult? Their sketchy modus operandi of throwing extraneous accessories into the shopping cart.

I have credit coming from M123, and I would like to make use of it, so I didn't automatically order from Sweetwater. Now, perhaps, I won't buy the guitar at all. Maybe that's what I'm supposed to be taking away from all of this, but M123? All I can do is shake my head.

That makes sense. M123 reduced their price to $719 as did Zzounds, AMS, and Same Day Music. Sam Ash is the only one that has the Firebirds still listed at $849.

• Members

That makes sense. M123 reduced their price to $719 as did Zzounds, AMS, and Same Day Music. Sam Ash is the only one that has the Firebirds still listed at $849.

yeah, if that's the case the the price match is accurate. Remember, it's only X% of the "difference", so if the price match policy is they'll beat it by 10% of the difference and the difference is only $20, their price match should be $2 less than the other price.

• Members

My M123 price matching days (or purchase days) are over! I got a PM for the Vox NT and they sent me a used one (I would say level 3) - now they are out of stock and told me they would still honor the price on a restock - no sorry's or 5% off next order just take it of leave it.

I am glad Sweetwater still has in stock - TOP NOTCH Customer Service!

• Members

I guess I am not getting it. You asked for a price match and got a quote that was less? What is the problem?

Well, I came back to delete my rant because, upon reflection, I can see that, yes, it was, indeed, a price match. But in that you have posted a response, let me say that I can agree with your perspective: My anger arose from the insult of the discount being $2.10. Truly--and you might not believe this--but I promise you that I would much rather have someone say, "We have matched the price" and leave it at that, than to, instead, have someone imply that I could be persuaded to buy an item by having been offered a paltry 2.10.

But, on top of that, it really does irk me that they throw crap into the shopping cart. Does any other vendor do that? I find it insulting.

Anyway, that was the problem.

But it's not a huge problem. A huge problem is illness or poverty or something like that. So, yeah, I wish I could have deleted my rant before having taken everybody's time.

• Members

My M123 price matching days (or purchase days) are over! I got a PM for the Vox NT and they sent me a used one (I would say level 3) - now they are out of stock and told me they would still honor the price on a restock - no sorry's or 5% off next order just take it of leave it.

I am glad Sweetwater still has in stock - TOP NOTCH Customer Service!

I also used to poo-poo the reports of the Bain companies selling used merch as new until I negotiated a "deal" on a new THR10 and received what was obviously at least an open box and most likely a customer return, which should have been discounted as a Level 1. I wonder what kind of integrity these companies have anymore. I don't trust any of their claims or promises, kind of like thier former CEO. Sweetwater has never f****ed me over, so I agree that price is not everything, go with a company you trust.

• Members

Well, I came back to delete my rant because, upon reflection, I can see that, yes, it was, indeed, a price match. But in that you have posted a response, let me say that I can agree with your perspective: My anger arose from the insult of the discount being $2.10. Truly--and you might not believe this--but I promise you that I would
much
rather have someone say, "We have matched the price" and leave it at that, than to, instead, have someone imply that I could be persuaded to buy an item by having been offered a paltry 2.10.

But, on top of that, it really does irk me that they throw crap into the shopping cart. Does any other vendor do that? I find it insulting.

Anyway, that was the problem.

But it's not a huge problem. A huge problem is illness or poverty or something like that. So, yeah, I wish I could have deleted my rant before having taken everybody's time.

No worries, I didn't realize that M123 offered a price match plus an additional % off. I thought it was just a straight up match.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by George Jetson

View Post

I also used to poo-poo the reports of the Bain companies selling used merch as new until I negotiated a "deal" on a new THR10 and received what was obviously at least an open box and most likely a customer return, which should have been discounted as a Level 1. I wonder what kind of integrity these companies have anymore. I don't trust any of their claims or promises, kind of like thier former CEO. Sweetwater has never f****ed me over, so I agree that price is not everything, go with a company you trust.

The one thing I do not like about Sweetwater and I wish that they would change is the phone calls - if I have a problem, or I am not satisfied I will call - believe me. It is very difficult enough under normal circumstances to sneak merchandise in under the radar, I do not need to be intercepting phone calls and voicemail messages!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by George Jetson

View Post

I think they've been getting better about labeling things "restock" or "used" as appropriate. In the past, not so good. It probably wasn't malicious but they were upsetting a lot of people whose expectations didn't match up to what was delivered.

Archived