Oct 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN View Post
OK - I gotta tell about this or I'll just pop. About a week back Rondo announced they had a promotion going on the AL3010 SE. I think this is sort of a very slightly economized AL 3000/AL 3100. Comparing the AL 3010 against the AL 3000, the only difference I see is a different bridge and a triple binding vs. single binding on the AL 3010 SE. The 3010 SE's still have full binding, Alnico V's, and Ebony fretboard. The AL3000's run around $425 and up. The AL 3010's are being offered at $299 plus shipping. Now normally this would be just a good deal. But IMHO I have a AL3100 and it is one of the best LP's I've ever played. Bottom line I pulled the trigger on a Honeyburst AL3010 SE. There is good choice of colors, including Gold Top.

Link: Agile AL 3101 SE at Rondo

al3010sehsbf5.jpg
That would be perfect if only it didnt have those shellac inlays.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by powerchorder View Post
The Schecter PT at Amazon.com is now down to $264.09. I called Woodwind & Brasswind (wwbw.com) and got a price of $240.60, over half off of any other retailer's street price. These are made in Korea. The best part is the guitar actually shipped with no shenanigans!

http://www.amazon.com/Schecter-PT-El...0663098&sr=1-1

61asSTG6bTL._AA1500_.jpg
That is an insane deal, especially for those of us with Amazon Prime. Great find.

• Members

Couldn't get them to match the Amazon price of the PT tele, but I couldn't resist at $264.14. Thanks for the heads up powerchorder!!! It was a great deal at the price it was when it was first posted in this thread at a higher price and I was on the fence at that time. Thanks for saving me some $$$

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN View Post
OK - I gotta tell about this or I'll just pop. About a week back Rondo announced they had a promotion going on the AL3010 SE. I think this is sort of a very slightly economized AL 3000/AL 3100. Comparing the AL 3010 against the AL 3000, the only difference I see is a different bridge and a triple binding vs. single binding on the AL 3010 SE. The 3010 SE's still have full binding, Alnico V's, and Ebony fretboard. The AL3000's run around $425 and up. The AL 3010's are being offered at $299 plus shipping. Now normally this would be just a good deal. But IMHO I have a AL3100 and it is one of the best LP's I've ever played. Bottom line I pulled the trigger on a Honeyburst AL3010 SE. There is good choice of colors, including Gold Top.

Link: Agile AL 3101 SE at Rondo

al3010sehsbf5.jpg
Thanks for the tip! Gonna have to stew on this one...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

Bought one of these last week from an Amazon warehouse deal for the same price and it is a cool little stand. It looks like it wouldn't hold up a guitar but it does very well with mine.

Good to hear, because I bought two of them this morning. I had thought about buying them before so today's SDOTD looked like opportunity. After I punched in my order I think I recalled reading a review that said the guitar leans back fairly far in this stand, and that might have been why I didn't grab one earlier, but I'm thinking that 1 of them will be in front of an amp, but behind a little end table (tight spot). Since I'm talking carpeted floor, I figure the amp itself can probably sit on top of those rear support feet. Whaddaya think?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

Good to hear, because I bought two of them this morning. I had thought about buying them before so today's SDOTD looked like opportunity. After I punched in my order I think I recalled reading a review that said the guitar leans back fairly far in this stand, and that might have been why I didn't grab one earlier, but I'm thinking that 1 of them will be in front of an amp, but behind a little end table (tight spot). Since I'm talking carpeted floor, I figure the amp itself can probably sit on top of those rear support feet. Whaddaya think?

It does lean back more than a traditional stand but the stand itself takes up almost no more space than the guitar itself. from about the top if the body of my Les Paul, the neck starts to extend out a little past the rear feet. If you're talking a small combo on top of the feet, that will prob work. If it is taller than the body of your guitar, you might have to move it a few inches from the app.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
If you're talking a small combo on top of the feet, that will prob work. If it is taller than the body of your guitar, you might have to move it a few inches from the app.
I was actually thinking about in front of a good sized 1x12 combo, but I figured the neck might be up against the top of the amp cabinet, but I would be fine with the neck resting up against the amp cab as long as the bottom of the stand still provides good lateral support. I have a couple old "Axe Cradles" that I use for amp stands, but they scare me a bit to use them since the guitar can slip laterally and then, "goodbye headstock".

Axe Cradle
DSC01940.jpg

flipped upside down
DSC01941.jpg
DSC01939-1.jpg

Those were pretty cool. Add just a couple brad nails, if you were brave enough, put through the axe cradle and into the top of your amp (even if just to use as pins) would have made that product a killer stand. It's interesting though that the plastic they used split with time, but the metal reinforcements held mine together. I just don't know why the product was dropped instead of picked up and improved by another builder. I suggested it to Jay at GFS but he wasn't interested idn_smilie.gif

• Members

You should be able to bump the stand up pretty close to that amp. The guitar will bounce a bit if you bump into but it won't fall over. It is balanced very well side to side. The little claws at the bottom keep the guitar locked into the stand and the back legs keep it balanced from tipping in any direction. I put a cheaper guitar on it and pushed it backwards and it will rock back and forth a little (The guitar, not the stand) but it stands straight up. If you move it sideways, it falls back into the stand. It is actually more stable than the traditional style stands because thos have the moving base and don't have as low of a center of gravity. Btw, the base of it is weighted too. These things are excellent for somebody gigging who wants to save storage space. you can probably fit it in some gig bags.

It is like my own mini-R2D2 holding my guitar for me at all times.

• Members

Where do they sell the Axe Cradle thing? Never saw those before and I bought all those "back of the guitar mag" gadgets back in the 80s, like the Guitool and the other tool to clean jacks or plugs by releasing special metal particles to get a stronger signal out of all of your cords and input or output jacks on amps, pedals etc. haha. When did they make these Axe Cradles?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1 View Post
Schecter PT is back up to regular price on Amazon @ $499.00. Kudos to those that picked one up for $246.14!
Actually, I'm insanely jealous of anyone who picked one up at that price. I got a scratch-n-dent from MF for the same price! mad.gif

Seriously, though -- that's not just a good guitar but a great guitar!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

Schecter PT is back up to regular price on Amazon @ $499.00. Kudos to those that picked one up for $246.14!

Mine arrived at about 1 today. Pretty solid guitar thus far. I had not realized it was based on a custom shop model that Pete Townsend played back in the 80s.

• Members

Jay Turser JT-900 Resonator in Cherry Sunburst & Natural Finish - $200. Normal price is $380

Acoustic electric resonator guitar

1 mini humbucking pickup & 1 piezo pickup

Volume, Tone, and Mix controls

Die-cast machines

Pics of the finishes here.

I own a Johnson Brass Body, and it's fun to play, but it's as heavy as a Les Paul. I'm tempted by this.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

Where do they sell the Axe Cradle thing? Never saw those before and I bought all those "back of the guitar mag" gadgets back in the 80s, like the Guitool and the other tool to clean jacks or plugs by releasing special metal particles to get a stronger signal out of all of your cords and input or output jacks on amps, pedals etc. haha. When did they make these Axe Cradles?

Yeah, they have disappeared. I tried to buy some more just a few years ago and discovered after sending an e-mail that it was a vestigial (phantom) link for the things. They do seem to be gone and they were a nice gadget, but maybe a hair "risky".

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

Yeah, they have disappeared. I tried to buy some more just a few years ago and discovered after sending an e-mail that it was a vestigial (phantom) link for the things. They do seem to be gone and they were a nice gadget, but maybe a hair "risky".

Measure one, build it out in 3D, and submit it to Shapeways for 3D printing.

• Members

I have several price matches for the Schecter PT:

Musician's Friend (These orders must be called in)>>

Musician's Friend $259.41 Expires 11/4

Musician's Friend $259.41 Expires 11/4

The following are redeemed online>>>

Woodwind and Brasswind $298.64 Expires 10/29

Sameday Music $315.56 Expires 10/26

Zzounds $315.56 Expires 10/26

Zzounds $315.56 Expires 10/26

American Musical Supply $350 Expires 10/26

PM with the match you would like, if it is gone I will send the next cheapest.

OCD much? No seriously that's a great list. Thanks for the effort.

Archived