Oct 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members

PEV%20WLVRINE34EGTR.jpg

Peavey Marvel Wolverine 3/4 Size $30 off today = $69.95

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-PEV-WLVRINE34EGTR?src=W0808NDNENEWDAYP

At Zz you can get a better close-up http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEVWLVRINE34EGTR

Avengers Assemble! Officially licensed Marvel Super Heroes adorn the Peavey Marvel Wolverine 3/4 Size Electric Guitar. This student-size Peavey Rockmaster is a colorful and fun beginner instrument made with a basswood body that is polished to a high gloss finish giving it fantastic balance and tone. Fast rhythm and lead playing are made possible by the maple neck and rosewood fretboard, while the sealed tuner gears and adjustable bridge keep your guitar in tune longer. The Marvel Wolverine electric guitar arrives with a guitar cable, strap and picks.

The Peavey Marvel Wolverine 3/4 Size Electric Guitar Features

Basswood body polished to high gloss

Maple neck, rosewood fretboard

Officially licensed Wolverine graphics

Sealed tuner gears

Beginner friendly 3/4 size

Includes guitar cable, strap and picks

Body: Basswood

Neck: Maple

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Number of Frets: 21

Pickup: 1 Humbucking

Control:

1 Volume

1 Tone

Tuners: Die-cast Chrome

Hardware: Chrome

Scale Length: 22.5 inches

I thought this guitar is priced right, and although I don't like the graphics, a young child might. But I also thought for those who like a 3/4 size guitar for kicks and giggles (travel or office), this might also be a fun guitar (for the price) to strip and refinish.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At Zz you can get a better close-up

Avengers Assemble! Officially licensed Marvel Super Heroes adorn the Peavey Marvel Wolverine 3/4 Size Electric Guitar. This student-size Peavey Rockmaster is a colorful and fun beginner instrument made with a basswood body that is polished to a high gloss finish giving it fantastic balance and tone. Fast rhythm and lead playing are made possible by the maple neck and rosewood fretboard, while the sealed tuner gears and adjustable bridge keep your guitar in tune longer. The Marvel Wolverine electric guitar arrives with a guitar cable, strap and picks.

The Peavey Marvel Wolverine 3/4 Size Electric Guitar Features

Basswood body polished to high gloss

Maple neck, rosewood fretboard

Officially licensed Wolverine graphics

Sealed tuner gears

Beginner friendly 3/4 size

Includes guitar cable, strap and picks

Body: Basswood

Neck: Maple

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Number of Frets: 21

Pickup: 1 Humbucking

Control:

1 Volume

1 Tone

Tuners: Die-cast Chrome

Hardware: Chrome

Scale Length: 22.5 inches

I thought this guitar is priced right, and although I don't like the graphics, a young child might. But I also thought for those who like a 3/4 size guitar for kicks and giggles (travel or office), this might also be a fun guitar (for the price) to strip and refinish.

The necks on these are actually pretty nice. I bought a plain black one for my nephew, and it plays nicely after a good setup.

• Members

Musicians Friend SDOTD: G&L Double Barrel Vari-Boost Guitar Effects Pedal: $69.99 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/?icid=200510&CJAID=10383227&CJPID=4485850

DV016_Jpg_Large_H89500000000000_A.jpg

Couldn't find much online about this pedal, but went ahead and picked one to try. Ended up being $76.11 with CA sales tax & free shipping. If I dont like it, anyone know if SDOTD items are returnable, or do they consider them "clearance items?"

• Members

My local Guitar Center is dumping scratched/dinged floor models at $50–$90 below regular store prices. It’s a good way to find a steep discount on oddballs that have been sitting in stores for a long time. I saw some great $300 Dean and Daisy Rock guitars for $209 because of a small paint chip. Check the used section, they’re dumping new stuff there.

• Members

My local Guitar Center is dumping scratched/dinged floor models at $50–$90 below regular store prices. It’s a good way to find a steep discount on oddballs that have been sitting in stores for a long time. I saw some great $300 Dean and Daisy Rock guitars for $209 because of a small paint chip. Check the used section, they’re dumping new stuff there.

• Members

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/?icid=200510

Line 6 BackTrack Portable Digital Recorder $19.99

DV016_Jpg_Large_250001_V.jpg

I already own the Bactrack version with microphone, but just ordered a couple of these today.

The benefit is that these allow me to obtain dry isolated instrument recordings of my live shows and band rehearsals, with minimal gear set up.

Feed the D.I Out of your amp into one of these BackTracks (or insert between your instrument and Amp input) and hit record on each Backtrack, and capture dry recordings of your band mates.

Then after the gig/rehearsal - I can retrieve all these back tracks and import the wave files into a DAW and sync them all up and now I have a multitrack recording of the band, without the setup time or fuss of snakes, cables, multitrack recorders, etc at the gig.

• Members

Seems like good deals on those gibsons! They emailed me when it was the 50's Gold Top for $674.50, so perhaps they are going down the line? I wonder how these compare to the Studio Faded for $659? Seems like its a different neck ('50 vs '59 - no clue what this means in the real world) and BB pro's vs 490R/498T. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPSTWCCH

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PunkKitty

View Post

You can do what I did. I bought the Living Social voucher and then called MF for a price match. The Firebird cost me $591. The voucher cost me $25. So the total was $616 shipped.

Thanks PK. I just bought a $60 cajon bongo I was jonesing for, for $25 after the savebig code. I did have to call to get it done. That's so cool! PK do you know if we can use the code on a second LivingSocial Gift purchase, if we use a different email logon name?

Archived