Oct 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Vox Night Train NT15H 15W Guitar Amp Head Restock Chrome $429 (looks like rebate is still good)

Rebate is $100 for 15w Night Train = Net Cost of $330
If you are interested would suggest HURRY - these will not be in stock long at SW (or they may raise the price) $179 after rebate and PM is a no brainer for me!

• Members

Not directly guitar related but I just picked one of these up for myself.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...annel_USB.html

Behringer Xenyx X2222 Mixer with built in FX and one-knob compressor plus Gator padded gig bag for it for $243.00. Also free shipping. Everywhere else the mixer alone is $299 without the gig bag and the bag is roughly $50.

713700.jpg

• Members
Legacy Tele

Well, I guess it's not awful for an $80 guitar. Could be worse, but going to need some work. Mine weighs 8.2 lbs, so not light. I have an aversion to thick glossy poly on a natural finish guitar, so maybe sanding it down will shave off a pound. icon_lol.gif

The neck itself is not bad, but the frets are not good. They really need a polish job. When doing a bend, it feels like the strings are scraping across sandpaper. facepalm.gif I would call it unplayable in it's current shape if doing any bending. I have a Mighty Mite tele neck laying around that I will probably put on, and use this one for fret work practice.

Have not plugged it in yet, so I can't comment on the tone. Just wanted to share my first-look review with others. Someone else commented on breaking a string. If their frets are like mine, I could see that happening easily.

Knowing what I know now, I wish I would have spent a little more (due to shipping) for an SX Furrian. Oh well, live an learn.
23gxun6.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoIKnow

View Post

When doing a bend, it feels like the strings are scraping across sandpaper. facepalm.gif

I have a supposedly high quality guitar that came like that. Is it really not common?

• Members

Re the Legacy tele. My frets are in good shape as far as being polished and smooth. As said before certainly worth the money if you know how to do a setup or are looking for a modding platform. Can't compare to the sx since I've never owned one. Probably just an issue of getting lucky with quality control.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk

View Post

Re the Legacy tele. My frets are in good shape as far as being polished and smooth. As said before certainly worth the money if you know how to do a setup or are looking for a modding platform. Can't compare to the sx since I've never owned one. Probably just an issue of getting lucky with quality control.

No surprise that QC could be hit or miss. I do have to say the fit and finish (besides the frets) is done very well. I did play it for about an hour last night and was pleasantly surprised. The bridge pup has quite a bit of twang and the controls respond well.

Archived