YouTube Made Me Realize How Stupid I Am

Anderton

• Members

I hope to visit all the continents before I die, and wondered if a trip to Antarctica was even possible. So I searched, and found all kinds of YouTube videos on Antarctica. What an eye-opener!!

For starters, I never knew that the earth is flat! Yes, Antarctica creates a giant ice wall around the perimeter of the flat earth. But what about those NASA pictures of the earth? Well let's face it, any government agency that faked the moon landing and is currently shuttling supplies off to secret bases on Mars (and I didn't realize Mars is teeming with life), can use Photoshop to create bogus earth pictures.

Not only that, but there are caves in Antarctica with secret alien bases, as well as the place where all the Nazis went after World War II. Then there are the pyramids (that of course are just like the ones at Giza), not to mention that world leaders did recent trips to Antarctica to check out whether everything was ready as a place to hide when the Giant Apocalypse wipes out all the non-elites.

Of course thanks to YouTube's ever-present "We know who you are, we know what you watch, we know where you live" philosophy, my YouTube sidebar was immediately populated with related videos. Again, a real eye-opener!! I had no idea Barack Obama was a descendant of the Egyptian pharoahs who had been spending time in another solar system before returning to earth, or that Michele Obama used to be a guy but had a sex change operation. I also found out that Hillary Clinton is a reptile, and amuses herself by engaging in cannibalism. Also, UFOs are apparently based on Nazi technology, which in turn was ripped off from an alien civilization.

Oh, and by the way, the world is in for a terrible economic disaster that will cause untold suffering. This must be true because I found videos from 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 all saying the horrible crash was going to happen that year! That's how stupid I am - I never even noticed that the world had come apart. But ultimately, it doesn't matter because Planet Nbiru, a/k/a Planet X, is going to crash into the earth last year. I mean, next year.

Clearly, I need to spend MUCH more time on YouTube so I can educate myself about what's really going on with the world!!

P.S. There really are videos claiming all of the above.

• Members
The YouTube comments section is the black hole of intelligence. It's where intelligence goes to die.

That's a great line, and very true. I guess the comments section is populated by people who...well, actually I can't imagine the type of person who makes some of the unbelievable comments. There was one review video by some female engineer about using compressors or something, and one of the comments was an anti-semitic rant because she "looked Jewish." And of course there were the usual sexist comments. I'd like to think that these comments are the product of a relatively limited collection of idiots...

That's a great line, and very true. I guess the comments section is populated by people who...well, actually I can't imagine the type of person who makes some of the unbelievable comments. There was one review video by some female engineer about using compressors or something, and one of the comments was an anti-semitic rant because she "looked Jewish." And of course there were the usual sexist comments. I'd like to think that these comments are the product of a relatively limited collection of idiots...

Unfortunately I don't think they're that limited in numbers. I refer you to the George Carlin quote in my sig... ;)

• Members

A collection of idiots can do great damage given the right set of circumstances.

It might even be possible for a great world power to elect a reality TV star as president if the stars are properly aligned.

Sounds crazy, I know...

• Members

Many, many years ago, Leilani and I were in the grocery store, and we saw the cover of the Weekly World News exclaim "INVISIBLE ALIENS ARE AMONG US - PHOTOGRAPHS INSIDE". I should have bought that one and framed it. We did look inside, and there were pictures that had blurred spots where the person developing the film touched the negative during the process (I told you it was a long time ago - remember film?)

• Members

The internet is the wasteland of society. Its truly a scary place if you just keep on clicking. I hope that we are just in our adolescent stage of the internet and will eventually mature. I`m not holding my breathe...

I have noticed, I`m much happier when I use the internet more as an encyclopedia instead of entertainment purposes. This is a fine line because you have to be constantly on guard with every click.... is this click really taking me where I want to go or am I being distracted? Its a constant battle.

With that said, if I had to pick one channel to watch, it would be YT. There is so much good content on there, you just have to know where to look.

• Members
The internet is the wasteland of society. Its truly a scary place if you just keep on clicking. I hope that we are just in our adolescent stage of the internet and will eventually mature. I`m not holding my breathe...

I have noticed, I`m much happier when I use the internet more as an encyclopedia instead of entertainment purposes. This is a fine line because you have to be constantly on guard with every click.... is this click really taking me where I want to go or am I being distracted? Its a constant battle.

With that said, if I had to pick one channel to watch, it would be YT. There is so much good content on there, you just have to know where to look.

The ads are a deal killer for me. Since ditching commercial TV, I find my intolerance for ads to be getting steadily higher. They are basically stealing moments of your life for money.

• Moderators
I'd like to think that these comments are the product of a relatively limited collection of idiots...

idiots than can type...you would think that would 'Darwin' out the bulk of them...but apparently their numbers are legion...

• Members

I think of The Internet as a Medieval Town Square. There are folks selling wares, some with integrity, a great deal without. Hucksters trying to swindle folks. Others just trying to pick their pockets.People simply visiting with each other, people trying to sway others opinions to their viewpoints. People talking loudly about nothing of importance, people talking in hushed tones, afraid of repercussions from the Powers that be.

Goats...always goats...Muddy, nasty streets that you want to travel swiftly over so you don't get stuck somewhere you don't want to be, and carefully so you don't pick up something on your shoes you cannot easily wash off.

However...it's where everybody is....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The ads are a deal killer for me. Since ditching commercial TV, I find my intolerance for ads to be getting steadily higher. They are basically stealing moments of your life for money.

Very well stated!!!! I agree 1000%.

• Members
I think of The Internet as a Medieval Town Square. There are folks selling wares, some with integrity, a great deal without. Hucksters trying to swindle folks. Others just trying to pick their pockets.People simply visiting with each other, people trying to sway others opinions to their viewpoints. People talking loudly about nothing of importance, people talking in hushed tones, afraid of repercussions from the Powers that be.

Goats...always goats...Muddy, nasty streets that you want to travel swiftly over so you don't get stuck somewhere you don't want to be, and carefully so you don't pick up something on your shoes you cannot easily wash off.

However...it's where everybody is....

Wow, SSS is filled with eloquence today...:)

• Members
Amp sims are bogus for producing heat at night in Antarctica.

Proof that you are one of the elites spreading disinformation!! Try running an amp sim without a computer. You can't! Computers generate heat! And what do you say to that, "Mr. Conspiracy Theory"?

• Members

Proof that you are one of the elites spreading disinformation!! Try running an amp sim without a computer. You can't! Computers generate heat! And what do you say to that, "Mr. Conspiracy Theory"?

Well if you're gonna get so technical with stuff like actually running the sim, then that's out of my Antarctic experience.

• Members

I liked it better when YT suggested video's related to what I was actually watching. If I was watching an old Fats Waller video YT would suggest more Fats Waller or Jelly Roll Morton and others related to the genre. These days while watching a Max Roach drum solo I doubt I'd be interested in PROOF that Donald Trump is planning on living in a luxury complex on Mars paid for by American tax dollars.

• 1 month later...

Archived