Whats your "go to " noodler?

knotty

• Members
Same here. Nothing quite so comfy as a strat.

Hey Mrbrown! nice to see you.

Well, I agree, My "strat" (PAC904) is really my go-to guitar. Extremely confortable, partly because of the ergonomic of a strat and also because that one has a fabulous neck and fretwork. My newly acquired PRS Modern Eagle is a very close second for comfort.

Picture019.jpg

PRSMEsc2501_zps2a858a80.jpg

• Members

Mine is a Jay Turser Jay Jr. I originally bought it used with the intention of giving it to a kid as a gift but it's a real POS: Poor intonation, high action, tinny sound, so I leave it lying on the couch and pick it up when the urge strikes.

• Members
Bucksstudent, you shouldn't be trolling Knotty's thread.

Knotty, I hope that was a euphemism - I'd hate to have to permaban you for making a physical threat against another forum member...

Of course it was a euphemism. We all know physical threats, stalking families and threatening them are bannable. For some anyway.

• Members

Right now it's my Fender Mustang Special. It has two humbuckers that are both individually splittable - but wait - there's more - you can select the front or back coil on each one which really does have significant tonal <sampling> differences.

But I go through phases. Prior to this one, I had a bit of a love affair going with my Fender Marauder.

That's one thing I'd hand to Fender. For the most part, I'd rather play a cheaper Fender product that a cheaper Gibson (i.e. Epi) product. The Fenders usually still have a pretty good vibey chimey tone for the buck.

Oh, and plus that short scale on the Mustang Spc is also fun.

I think they are a worthwhile snag since MF now has them on sale for 5 bills.

• Members
Here's my noodler. Before and after pics, too. Started as a yellow tele. Now it's a black triple pickup.

fetch?filedataid=100651&type=smallfetch?filedataid=100650&type=small

Okay, we got us a problem. I tried four browsers and I see placeholders in IE and Chrome, nothing at all in Opera and SeaMonkey (FireFox engine). Wish I could see the pics of your guitar. It sounds cool.

Archived