Whats your "go to " noodler?

knotty

• Members

It's easy when you only own one guitar :) love my Dot, and sometimes I don't plug it in for just some quick noodling. I just ordered a danalectro honeytone battery powered miniamp for using with headphones on the deck in the evening so I don't have to lug my amp from the basement.

• Members

I have been playing this Mockingbird Plus every day. It's all wrong ,set neck, and BC Riches are known for their neck through designs, and I put a Humbucker from Hell in the bridge position, that is named that way because you are not supposed to put in there....It is only for the neck and they say it is too bright for the bridge...(it is Sweet!)

It as all wrong but All Right!

ZZp7z0q.jpg

• Members

I rotate my guitars a lot, so my go-to changes, but the one I always come back to is this old tele I built years ago. It's kind of a beater, so I don't care if it gets bumped around, I can always find the sound I'm looking for with it, and it feels like an old friend. This picture was taken a few years ago before it acquired some of its battle scars.

CIMG1310.jpg

• Members

A somewhat awful no-name mid 1980s Korean plywood body Explorer clone with a beefy bolt on maple neck. The guitar is only awful if you have to stand up playing it because of the weight. Sitting down and playing it is fine. It's been my couch-side guitar for 20 years and has the dents, scratches and dings to prove it. The nicer guitars stay in the music room.

• Members

A horribly mutated eighties Fenix Strat. It was made by Young Chang and is almost identical to the Squiers they were making for Fender at the time apart from having a solid wood body and the Fenix name. Time and my children have not been kind to it but it's still a pretty good guitar.

• Members

Currently, my go-to noodler is my other SX, an SX SST OWL Strat. I had a GFS Crunchy Rails I had sitting around that I never really used. I put it in this guitar, and it sounds great. It's a lot better than the crap GFS pickup I had in it before. It came in an EVH pickguard that I bought from GFS. I also replaced the pickguard itself with one from GuitarPartsOnline that was Floyd-spaced. So the only thing left from the EVH pickguard is the volume pot, wiring and knob.

SXSSTOWLStratWithGFSCrunchyRailsFront_zpsc0acc07d.jpg

SXSSTOWLStratWithGFSCrunchyRailsBack_zpscfeed251.jpg

• Members

I have 7 guitars on stands and I alternate between them every 2 days. Not one day, not three days, every two days.

Do you think I have OCD?

It's interesting to see which guitars stay in tune over one play to the next. A couple are right on the money after two weeks of sitting. The two with Floyds tend to need the most re-tuning between plays. I picked up one of my Aria Pro 2 Fullertons the other day and it was right on, even after some big humidity swings.

Archived