Aug Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Welp, just pulled the trigger on the LP. I've wanted a p90 Goldtop since the Carter administration, and if I have to settle for one with better upper fret access, lighter weight, and a warranty just to save hundreds of dollars, I'll just have to grit my teeth and bear it.

• Members

I'm doubtful of that since they have all three colors still in stock and the SDotD was the last batch of GTs. I did notice that the White HB (w/ ebony board) is marked down to the level of the pre-SDotD GT, so maybe they will blow that one out. Thanks for the congrats, BTW.

DV016_Jpg_Large_430808.002_classic_white

This is today's SDOTHD...$999...:D

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/

• Members

I'm doubtful of that since they have all three colors still in stock and the SDotD was the last batch of GTs. I did notice that the White HB (w/ ebony board) is marked down to the level of the pre-SDotD GT, so maybe they will blow that one out. Thanks for the congrats, BTW.

DV016_Jpg_Large_430808.002_classic_white

Don't forget to play the lottery this week.... You nailed it!!!!!

• Members

Cash-back available on select brands only.

Because I had some time before leaving for work yesterday, I decided to cancel my early phone order for the SDOTD and I did a new order through mr. Rebates.... I mean, I was ordering regardless, so I took a chance because the worse that can happen is that I would not get the rebate...

To my surprise, I have received an email from mr. Rebates saying that I have $119 pending rebate from my purchase with MF... So I guess, after all, I will be getting the guitar with a nice cash back rebate....

I will not count my blessings with this rebate until I physically get the money, but this is a good start...

Thank you Marko for the reminder about mr. Rebates! And people, don't forget to use it if you are buying today's SDOTD.... I can't guarantee it will work for you this time, but it is worth the try...

:wave:

Omar :thu:

• Members

Yeah, a bunch of dang soothsayers we are
:lol:
It's only 1:53 AM my time, but I woke up and had to check to see if we'd guessed it right.
:D

0329fc1d-510f-48c4-ac81-d9a21c31af39.jpg

Looks kinda like a graham cookie with icing don't it?
:D

Every once and a while a hunch turns out to be right, I guess.:idea: Don't forget to try to get M123 to do a price match to make it $899, when they open this morning.

I don't think the SDotD looks like that picture though. The pickup rings are black, the switch tip is white, it looks like an ebony board like the other Classic White LP's have and the description says it has a dark back. The pictures of the other colors on the MF website look like it is actually a black back. The white with light back does sort of look like an iced cookie. I think it needs that black back to make it pop.

The DC Classic Exclusive on Gibson's website might be the one, but the MF site said their model is a limited-run. Your picture and the others on the Gibby site are supposed to be a "dark back". Wasn't that RD Standard that blew out a couple of weeks ago also listed as an Exclusive on the Gibson website?

77e57400-b200-4659-8699-12f3c7a0dfa5.jpg

bacb78ce-a1cb-431f-a62d-e99b0c8cfc37.jpg

From the MF website: "The Les Paul Double Cutaway celebrates this popular model in a limited-edition guitar with special appointments. This limited run of Gibson Les Pauls is available in three finishes: ebony, bullion gold and classic white with a dark back and neck."

Of course the pics on the MF website aren't even internally consistent. Look at the GT, one pic has a light back and aged switch tip, the other has a dark back and white one. Also, I think they are talking about Burstbucker Pro pickups, unless anyone else has actually heard of the "Rhythm Pro" pickup by Gibson.

• Members

emailed music123 about the MF SDOTD and got the responce below. I'm on the fence, but the extra $50 would of pushed me on over.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email and interest in our products!

Unfortunately, we're not able to match prices with another competitor if the price you're inquiring about is a sale, with a coupon or a special promotion. However, contact us directly over the phone and we'll be more than happy to provide you a special price.

We apologize for any inconveniences.

• Members

emailed music123 about the MF SDOTD and got the responce below. I'm on the fence, but the extra $50 would of pushed me on over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email and interest in our products!

Unfortunately, we're not able to match prices with another competitor if the price you're inquiring about is a sale, with a coupon or a special promotion. However, contact us directly over the phone and we'll be more than happy to provide you a special price.

We apologize for any inconveniences.

Translation: "I don't want to be bothered with taking care of this for you"

I got $100 of yesterday's deal. They can do it if they want to, I guess the challenge is finding someone that wants to...

• Members

Sort of OT but these are sweet deals on the discontinued (OS & Support) HP Touchpad this won't last long

FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB $99

ALSO HP FB356UT Smart Buy Touch Pad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 32GB $149

• Members

Translation: "I don't want to be bothered with taking care of this for you"

I got $100 of yesterday's deal. They can do it if they want to, I guess the challenge is finding someone that wants to...

I pretty much have written off the automated M123 price match. Going forward, I will be calling and hanging up until I find the right CSR. I suspect that the emails go to a virtual call center in some far off corner of the world. I was very happy with the human customer service I got yesterday at M123, but maybe I just lucked out.

• Members

Sort of OT but these are sweet deals on the discontinued (OS & Support) HP Touchpad this won't last long

FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT
1GB RAM 16GB
$99

ALSO
HP FB356UT Smart Buy Touch Pad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 32GB $149

I got a message of sold out when I tried to add them to the cart...

• Members

Yeah they keep going in and out of stock everywhere this weekend strangest SlickDeals feeding frenzy I ever saw, close to 4 million hits on one thread. HP is supposed to have more stock Monday and you can sign up to be notified here
http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/webos/us/en/tablet/touchpad-availability.html

Thanks for the link. I'll be surprised if notified.

• Members

Good luck with getting one from HP. I was one of those that ordered from HP's website Friday evening around 8pm . Got cancellation notice this morning.
Told I could sign up to be notified when more stock came in. Scored one when the Amazon deal with onsale this afternoon was on.

• Members

I thought BF was nutz! This was worse. I have a order for 1 from Best Buy store pick up I know they won't honor and did get 1 from Amazon too this afternoon. What got me was all the SD flippers buying up 10 at a time... I hope they find a public that won't buy em knowing their discontinued and were blown out so cheap!

• Members

You can price match with Music123 for $185

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/danelectro-1956-single-cutaway-with-bottle-headstock-electric-guitar/h25343000003001

DV016_Jpg_Large_H25343.002.001_black_bot
DV016_Jpg_Large_H25343.003.001_copper_bo
DV016_Jpg_Large_H25343.001.001_white_gol

Thank you for posting this. Didn't want to jinx myself till I got them. Based on this price match, called MF and asked if they would sell me the White Guitar and the Black Bass for 185 each based on M123 offer. After only one counteroffer they agreed since I had bought a lot from them and I was buying 2 items.

Came in on Sat and picked them up today. Guitar was fine except of a buzz on open D string (I put a tiny piece of paper in the nut slot, buzz gone! now a totally sweet guitar!) I love the White with the bell headstock. The bass was in fine conditon out of the box.

• Members

FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT
1GB RAM 16GB
$99

ALSO
HP FB356UT Smart Buy Touch Pad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 32GB $149

IN FOR 50 OF EACH!