Aug Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Akai Professional E2 Headrush $75 after coupon. it was $81 shipped including tax for me.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Akai-Professional-E2-Headrush-Delay-Looper-Pedal-102814076-i1124667.gc?esid=akai+headrush

Mine ended up $79 & ship from MN store was going to cancel with m123 ($93 ship in Sept.) then I get this...

Message from Chuefeng Xiong at Guitar Center:

Sorry we are unable to process your order for your purchase. We are out of stock from our location at the time being. If any questions or concerns feel free to contact us at the store (651) 634-0100.

• Members
Mine ended up $79 & ship from MN store was going to cancel with m123 ($93 ship in Sept.) then I get this...

Sorry we are unable to process your order for your purchase. We are out of stock from our location at the time being. If any questions or concerns feel free to contact us at the store (651) 634-0100.

You might see if you can re-order it from another store. Mine shipped from a store that was further away from me so it seems like their system has knowledge of each store's inventory. Or call M123 and ask them to pricematch the coupon.

• Members
Call them or try zzounds. Zzounds has a place to put in the coupon code. For some reason when you put add'l comments in the M123 pricematch thing, they never read them or acknowledge them.

Well, I tried a PM with M123. Everybody say a prayer for me. Thanks for the heads up, Mazzi.

• Members

Akai Professional E2 Headrush $75 after coupon. it was $81 shipped including tax for me.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Akai-Professional-E2-Headrush-Delay-Looper-Pedal-102814076-i1124667.gc?esid=akai+headrush

$81 for me as well, shipping out of Colorado:confused: ...Anyway, "Thank you" this was a no brainer, I almost pulled the trigger at $99.

• Members

M123 pricematched me but I already have it ordered through GC for the same price (M123 charges me tax now) so I'd call them and have them credit your order by the difference.

• Members

Well kids the Gibby Special I ordered last Friday was waiting for me at the door when I got home. I forgot it came in a HSC.

1st impressions: Beautiful guitar - fit and finish are perfect. If this is 3 pieces of wood they did an excellent job matching. I plugged it in - warm and deep tones. It is a sustain monster. It is a small body, and is a bit small for my lap. My only complaint is that the stop tail seemed high and was getting in the way of the heel of my hand. I dropped it and am doing better in that regard. I also realized it has been a long time since I played an LP type. I have mainly been playing Strats, or other thinner body styles. The ergonomics seem a bit short for my hands. After I dropped the stop tail playing is a little easier - but still gets in the way a bit for my playing style. I'm gonna give it a few more days - I'm not 100% sure I will keep it - but I think the ergos are a personal thing, and others might not have this issue. Overall I think it is still a great bargain at $800 at MF.

pics...

LPSC_1.JPG

LPSC_2.JPG

LPSC_3.JPG

Oh yeh - I got a tin of snarling dog picks too. FTW

• Members
Better bargain at music123.com with 110% price match = $749

And if you email or call MF, I'm sure they'd give you the $50 adjustment if you paid $799.

Woody's slicker than that! :thu: There was a 15% off sale a few days ago. $679 was the bargain price. (and I'm glad to see it looks so good- my alpine white arrives tomorrow)

• Members

Woody's slicker than that! There was a 15% off sale a few days ago. $679 was the bargain price. (and I'm glad to see it looks so good- my alpine white arrives tomorrow)

I was going to do that myself, but I read about it a day too late and they wouldn't give me the deal...

Do these come with the Ebony fingerboard on all finishes? The MF says it does, but they are wrong as often as they are right, and Gibson has been known to use Ebony on their White guitars and Rosewood on other colors. And the pictures I've seen of the Yellow and Red look like Rosewood to me.

• Members

Well kids the Gibby Special I ordered last Friday was waiting for me at the door when I got home. I forgot it came in a HSC.

1st impressions: Beautiful guitar - fit and finish are perfect. If this is 3 pieces of wood they did an excellent job matching. I plugged it in - warm and deep tones. It is a sustain monster. It is a small body, and is a bit small for my lap. My only complaint is that the stop tail seemed high and was getting in the way of the heel of my hand. I dropped it and am doing better in that regard. I also realized it has been a long time since I played an LP type. I have mainly been playing Strats, or other thinner body styles. The ergonomics seem a bit short for my hands. After I dropped the stop tail playing is a little easier - but still gets in the way a bit for my playing style. I'm gonna give it a few more days - I'm not 100% sure I will keep it - but I think the ergos are a personal thing, and others might not have this issue. Overall I think it is still a great bargain at $800 at MF.

pics...Oh yeh - I got a tin of snarling dog picks too. FTW

Too bad about the stop tail...I really like the flames! You may change your mind after playing it for a day or two.

Good luck

• Members

I'm gonna give it a few more days - I'm not 100% sure I will keep it - but I think the ergos are a personal thing, and others might not have this issue. Overall I think it is still a great bargain at $800 at MF.

Mark my words... if you let her go, there will be another Les Paul purchase in your future. If what you have is a good Lester, give her some time. You may regret letting her go someday if you don't take time to get used to who she is.

I'm a Tele/Strat man myself, but I also own a Historic R4 and a '91 ES335 Dot. They are my 4th Les Paul (not including a Les Paul Jr) and my 3rd '335. I know better than to let them get away now.

• Members

Mark my words... if you let her go, there will be another Les Paul purchase in your future. If what you have is a good Lester, give her some time. You may regret letting her go someday if you don't take time to get used to who she is.

I'm a Tele/Strat man myself, but I also own a Historic R4 and a '91 ES335 Dot. They are my 4th Les Paul (not including a Les Paul Jr) and my 3rd '335. I know better than to let them get away now.

I am gonna give it some time. I have 45 days. As a product it is gorgeous.

• Members

I think the fretboard is Rosewood on this one. Ebony is blacker, and has a slicker feel to it. I'm not seeing that.

I am gonna give it some time. I have 45 days. As a product it is gorgeous.

I believe Gibson used Macassar ebony, it's a multicolored species of ebony from Indonesia.

The MF LP Special has a ebony board, whereas the GC Special has a bound rosewood board and body belly cut.

• Members
Call them or try zzounds. Zzounds has a place to put in the coupon code. For some reason when you put add'l comments in the M123 pricematch thing, they never read them or acknowledge them.

Music 123 would match, but not beat, the $299 price. I went for it for 2 reasons:

1. GC would charge me $21 in tax.
2. Jet City is on the exclusion list for MF, M123, and GC. All the codes and discounts are not supposed to apply anywhere!

Bottom line is, I picked up a brand new Jet City JCA2112RC for $299 all in.

Yay me!!!

• Members

Here's a nice deal on a low-end Washburn. 24 frets, string thru, 25.5 in. scale. With some upgraded pups and a new nut, this could be a good guitar for pretty cheap. I had an x50 for a while and liked it a lot, but haven't heard much on this one. The last thing I need right now is another guitar, but I hope someone scoops this up and let's us know how it is. Currently the price is $165.88

http://www.amazon.com/Washburn-RX-RX22FBLB-Electric-Guitar/dp/B003EYV972/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments

RX22FBLB.jpg

• Members
I believe Gibson used Macassar ebony, it's a multicolored species of ebony from Indonesia.

The MF LP Special has a ebony board, whereas the GC Special has a bound rosewood board and body belly cut.

I re-strung, and oiled the fretboard on the Gibby this morning - it might indeed be a form of ebony. It feels a bit slicker than a typical rosewood.