Aug Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jetson, Try the M123 110% price match. They have it for $1999.00.

Thanks, I already sent an automated one earlier this morning, they are still closed. If I could snag it for an $900 price match, I am definitely pulling the trigger. At $1000 I am still on the fence. I was hoping for 10% coupon to skip all of the price match drama at M123.

• Members

That is worth a shot, but Stupid Deal of the Day type deals are supposed to be excluded form their price match policy.

"45 Day 110% Low Price Guarantee We guarantee the lowest price - not only when you buy, but for 45 days after your purchase as well. If you find the identical item, in stock and advertised for less at any authorized U.S. dealer (auction web sites excluded), we will refund you 100% of the difference, as well as an additonal 10% of that difference. This guarantee does not apply to discontinued, special order, blemished, damaged, closeout, open box, Factory Restock item or auction items."

They may try to weasel out of it, but the SDotD doesn't fit any of their "stated" exclusions.

• Members

"45 Day 110% Low Price Guarantee We guarantee the lowest price - not only when you buy, but for 45 days after your purchase as well. If you find the identical item, in stock and advertised for less at any authorized U.S. dealer (auction web sites excluded), we will refund you 100% of the difference, as well as an additonal 10% of that difference. This guarantee does not apply to discontinued, special order, blemished, damaged, closeout, open box, Factory Restock item or auction items."

They may try to weasel out of it, but the SDotD doesn't fit any of their "stated" exclusions.

I'm pretty sure SDotD would get filed under 'closeout' for the purpose of their exclusions. But like I said, it is certainly worth a try. I sent my request earlier this morning...

• Members

I'm pretty sure SDotD would get filed under 'closeout' for the purpose of their exclusions. But like I said, it is certainly worth a try. I sent my request earlier this morning...

I didn't get any message on the webpage that my price match request had been sent, it just faded away. Likewise no email confirmation that it had been submitted, is that the way it works at M123 now?

• Members

I didn't get any message on the webpage that my price match request had been sent, it just faded away. Likewise no email confirmation that it had been submitted, is that the way it works at M123 now?

I wondered the same thing. Last week I sent them a few requests for the LP Jr Specials and Studio Pro Faded and the first request just disappeared with no confirmation that it was sent, so I sent a second request, and that one displayed the confirmation. Today when I tried it, the first request just sat there and didn't go away, so I closed it and sent a second request, and that one just disappeared with no confirmation no matter how many times I tried it.

I honestly don't know if any of them got sent or not.

Their online price match request system has been a mess for almost a year now, you'd think they'd do something to fix it....

• Members

^I've sent them at least 3 requests for price match through their "beat this price" system and NEVER have gotten a response. I think I once got some Snarkys on that deal real cheap, but I did that on the phone. I sent them an e-mail asking them why they don't respond and they replied back saying "I don't know why".

"Response Via Email(Christian) - 08/09/2011 08:24 PM

Dear Musician,

We are terribly sorry that those requests have not gotten answered and we aren't sure why they haven't come to us. However if you would like to have us check one out we would be more than happy to do it if you respond to this email."

And of course by that time, the SDOTD are over.

• Members

DV016_Jpg_Large_430809.183_goldtop_R.jpg
That's a sweet guitar, does anyone have a code that works on it?

I woke up 6 AM PT went straight to the computer and scoped out the SDOTD - so I'm contemplating this deal - it's a heckuva deal - but I'd be more tempted if it had dual controls. Without that it really limits the middle position. I was playing with one of my P-90 Tributes last night and noticing that If I wanted to warm up the bridge p'up, it didn't take much neck p'up blending in at all before it started to sound a bit muddy. So a single set of vol/tone would make this more or a bridge OR neck guitar. But still a sweet deal for $999. It's interesting how blase' we've gotten over the last two years to Gibson goldtops. It used to be that the sight of any Gibson goldtop under $2K made a GAS'r absolutely lose it. The Tribute series has changed that. Well, I'll think about this one a bit more.

gib_lpdc_gt_p90_3.jpg

• Members

Wow. Im on the fence for two of these.
:lol:

Dont think you can get hurt at this price.

I think the only question is that one can score a Goldtop Tribute for $750, so is this one worth the extra $250. Better finish, yes, better select woods, yes, better case, yes - I think it's - it's - distracting me this morning. :lol:

• Members
Thanks, I already sent an automated one earlier this morning, they are still closed. If I could snag it for an $900 price match, I am definitely pulling the trigger. At $1000 I am still on the fence. I was hoping for 10% coupon to skip all of the price match drama at M123.

MrRebates.com will give ya 12% cash back at MF if that helps…

• Members

^I've sent them at least 3 requests for price match through their "beat this price" system and NEVER have gotten a response. I think I once got some Snarkys on that deal real cheap, but I did that on the phone. I sent them an e-mail asking them why they don't respond and they replied back saying "I don't know why".

"Response Via Email(Christian) - 08/09/2011 08:24 PM

Dear Musician,

We are terribly sorry that those requests have not gotten answered and we aren't sure why they haven't come to us. However if you would like to have us check one out we would be more than happy to do it if you respond to this email."

And of course by that time, the SDOTD are over.

In my experience, and the experience of others who have posted this same message; if you enter any text in the "Comments" field the form fails and you will not get the instant Auto Reply or the follow-up quote. You have to leave that field blank or the form buggers. If you do the form right, you will get an instant auto-reply in your email. That makes it hard (if not impossible) to match a SDOTD through the form, as the discount is added in the cart and not on the item page. The only person I've seen get SDOTD matched is Ssjif, and I am pretty sure he did it by phone. I bet it's a long shot on this Gibby, but hey go for it and report back.

• Members

In my experience, and the experience of others who have posted this same message; if you enter any text in the "Comments" field the form fails and you will not get the instant Auto Reply or the follow-up quote. You have to leave that field blank or the form buggers. If you do the form right, you will get an instant auto-reply in your email. That makes it hard (if not impossible) to match a SDOTD through the form, as the discount is added in the cart and not on the item page. The only person I've seen get SDOTD matched is Ssjif, and I am pretty sure he did it by phone. I bet it's a long shot on this Gibby, but hey go for it and report back.

I left the comments blank, it still didn't go through. I just now called it in and got the match - 10%. That finally put me over the edge, happy birthday (next week) to me......

• Members

Maybe, maybe not. From what I've seen, Gibson double cuts don't have the greatest resale value (at least not compared to more 'traditional' Gibson models).

That is very true. I did decide, however, to pull the trigger even though I have a '60s Trib GT :facepalm: but yeah, there are more quality appointments to this guitar (versus the Tributes) and with all the Gibsons I've bought (including 21 LPs including JRs and Spc's) this will be my first DC LP Gibson. I decided this was a good opportunity to try one out. But if tomorrow the HB version is on SDOTD, I may have an aneurysm trying to figure out what to do. :freak:

• Members

I left the comments blank, it still didn't go through. I just now called it in and got the match - 10%. That finally put me over the edge, happy birthday (next week) to me......

That's a great score. I wish I could do the same, but I need to use my MF 0% card so I can pay it off next August (2012). Without that, it would be like adding $1200 back on in interest charges since I'm strapped until then. But good for you!

• Members

I decided this was a good opportunity to try one out. But if tomorrow the HB version is on SDOTD, I may have an aneurysm trying to figure out what to do.
:freak:

I'm doubtful of that since they have all three colors still in stock and the SDotD was the last batch of GTs. I did notice that the White HB (w/ ebony board) is marked down to the level of the pre-SDotD GT, so maybe they will blow that one out. Thanks for the congrats, BTW.

DV016_Jpg_Large_430808.002_classic_white

• Members

I called with no luck! :(

I placed my order with MF now and it is processed... I wish I would have known about Mr. Rebates before!

• Members

I called with no luck!
:(

I placed my order with MF now and it is processed... I wish I would have known about Mr. Rebates before!

How do you know with Mr. Rebates whether or not the item (brand) is excluded? :confused: I'm signed up with them, but I'd rather not go through them unless I know if it's going to give me the kickback.

• Members

I use ebates...although it's only 6% off MF and it takes 2-3 months to process (I usually forget about it)

On a related but separate note...Amazon is running a promotion until Oct 31st select Gibsons 24 month financing with one of their Amazon Store cards. I almost bought a 60's tribute LP but needing to reel in the cash flow.

www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_354481282_5?ie=UTF8&node=3090758011&ie=UTF8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-7&pf_rd_r=1V6K9TG61G88EN79P961&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1313827762&pf_rd_i=1261402011#/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A11091801%2Cn%3A%212334106011%2Cn%3A%212334168011%2Cn%3A3090758011&ie=UTF8&qid=1313862082