Aug Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

like he said, "after code HM25AUG" for $25 off anything in august.

The Alesis interface is $150, not $125.

Ok deal, but I bet this will just be ready to use for the ipad1, and you will have to wait for an ipad2 adapter from Alesis.

Just an FYI if you are planning to order.

• Members

The Alesis interface is an OK deal, but I bet this will just be ready to use for the ipad1, and you will have to wait for an ipad2 adapter from Alesis.

Just an FYI if you are planning to order.

From http://www.alesis.com/iodock - FAQ's

Does the iO Dock work with iPad 2?

Yes!

The iO Dock is fully certified by Apple to work with both iPad and iPad 2.

As soon as iPad 2 was announced, Alesis began designing a fitted insert for iO Dock that perfectly conforms to iPad 2’s thinner profile. If your iO Dock did not include an iPad 2 insert in the box, click here to receive one for free. If you use the original iPad, no insert is necessary.

• Members

When I went early, it said sold out.... after I read your post, I checked again, and it said Almost Sold out, I had to go into a meeting ..... I just went again and now it says sold out!

oh well!

From
http://www.alesis.com/iodock
- FAQ's

Does the iO Dock work with iPad 2?

Yes!

The iO Dock is fully certified by Apple to work with both iPad and iPad 2.

As soon as iPad 2 was announced, Alesis began designing a fitted insert for iO Dock that perfectly conforms to iPad 2’s thinner profile. If your iO Dock did not include an iPad 2 insert in the box, click here to receive one for free. If you use the original iPad, no insert is necessary.

Yeah, Alesis put a TON of these on the market, without an adapter...just to "get it out there". Then when people went to get their "free adapter" they found out it takes 4-6 WEEKS to get it...

Just a heads up, if you have an ipad2 it might be a while before you can use it.

• Members

We all know the Original Ipad was thicker than the thinner Ipad 2

I own an Ipad 2 and just took delivery of an Alesis IO-Dock.

IO Dock works just fine here. I simply insert of couple folded business cards under the right side of my ipad 2, to assist the connector alignment until the thin plastic adapter plate arrives from Alesis (I just filled out the form at the URL link here: earlier this week)

http://www.alesis.com/iodockadaptor

iodockadapter.jpg

The iO Dock is fully certified by Apple to work with both iPad and iPad 2. As soon as iPad 2 was announced, Alesis began designing a fitted insert* for iO Dock that perfectly conforms to iPad 2’s thinner profile.

Due to overwhelming demand, Alesis wanted to get the iO Dock into as many customers’ hands as possible, as quickly as possible. As a result, a small number of iO Docks were shipped without the iPad 2 insert in the box.

If your iO Dock did not include an iPad 2 insert in the box, simply fill out the form below and an insert will be shipped** to you free of charge.

• Members

Okay, realize these are full bore sunlight photos designed to demonstrate the finish is not painted. I didn't enhance them or retouch other than crop them.

LPDC_Darkback.jpg

This is an angle shot that clearly shows the grain through the translucent finish. I suspect they are using an oxblood stain here because it looks a lot like my Oxblood Flying V. Black for all intents and purposes, but deep, deep red under a carbon arc lighting.

That's a beautiful finish. That's what I was hoping for and expecting. :thu:

Well, 24 hours to go and the DC HB and DC P-90 show up. So we'll be digging into some backs tomorrow. :lol::thu:

• Members

We all know the Original Ipad was thicker than the thinner Ipad 2

I own an Ipad 2 and just took delivery of an Alesis IO-Dock.

IO Dock works just fine here. I simply insert of couple folded business cards under the right side of my ipad 2, to assist the connector alignment until the thin plastic adapter plate arrives from Alesis (I just filled out the form at the URL link here: earlier this week)

http://www.alesis.com/iodockadaptor

iodockadapter.jpg

Hope it doesn't take 6 weeks to get to you.

Enjoy.

• Members

Sam Ash has $40 off of a $299 purchase. Code: IRENE

Okay, with that out of the way, are Sam Ash's marketing people retarded? Seriously, a promo based on a potentially huge and life threatening natural disaster?

Next they word the promo like this: "$40 off thousands of our best selling items over $299." Okay, I get what they are saying, but that wording is ignorant. It makes it sound like you have to buy thousands of items (and they have to be best selling) priced at $299 to save $40. So spend $299,000 and get $40 off.

Next, their slogan is "Music Gear at the Speed of Sound." Mission statements, tag lines, etc. are fine, but they need to be somewhat realistic and based on truth. What does that even mean? If they can't get an order to your door at approximately 340 miles per second, then they are not living up to their promise. Or do all of their individual music items have the ability to move at the rate of sound? i.e. do their guitars have built in jet engines?

I own a business and try hard to carefully word things in ad copy and so forth. It's like they have a bunch of drunk monkeys in their marketing department.

• Members

Kustom 2x12 HV100 hybrid amp 230.

Thes are listed as used in Guitar center but most seem to be new blowouts. Not a bad price even if you just looking for 2x12 cabinet.

GUITAR AMP
USED KUSTOM HV100 2X12 100W HYBRID TUBE GTR COMBO

Details » Amps Guitar Center Avondale
Avondale, Arizona 85392

623-907-3605

View Store's Used Inventory
Request More Info
Buy Now
Now Only
$229.99

• Members

Too funny. The overall Amazon rating of the Touchpad has now plummeted to One Star, due to all the negative reviews from the people who "thought" they bought a hundred dollar touchpad this weekend.

I ended up with one 32gb eventually from BB And they were the first cancellation I got... For a while I felt like this guy!