Aug Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I'm not feeling this frenzy. It's not just this model that's discontinued; the whole platform is dead.

It goes even beyond that, the entire COMPANY is being restructured.

HP is spinning off their computer division to become a new company, and flat-out dropping their venture into tablets & phones. Everything about it is going away, which is why they are clearing them out.

If you really want a touch-based computer, save up your pennies for an iPad or shop around what some of the Android-based tablets from other companies have to offer. Buying one of these already-obscolete HP pads is penny-wise and pound-foolish.

• Members
It goes even beyond that, the entire COMPANY is being restructured.

HP is spinning off their computer division to become a new company, and flat-out dropping their venture into tablets & phones. Everything about it is going away, which is why they are clearing them out.

If you really want a touch-based computer, save up your pennies for an iPad or shop around what some of the Android-based tablets from other companies have to offer. Buying one of these already-obscolete HP pads is penny-wise and pound-foolish.

99 dollrs to browse web, watch movies, etc...... I think it's A deal

• Members

Dang. I want one of these but keep missing out on them. Oh well.

Me too (I was just kidding about the in for 50 thing). I tried all weekend to get one, couldnt come up with a single thing. Amazon even made it their gold box special, they sold 50,000 units in just over a minute. My nephew is really the one who wants one, he has called me all weekend to see if I found one. Never in my deal-buying life have I seen anything like this.

• Members

It's the weirdest thing I have ever seen as well. Within 5 min a thread on SD gets 400 views linking to a site and then the site is knocked out... I have had 3 confirmed orders but am waiting for the cancellations...

I hear the last 3 will be sold in the Wonka 4 Wankerz Cyber Candy Bars...

• Members

Devi Ever Hyperion - $85.

There's a catch though. She is raising money to get production of a new pedal off the ground. The Hyperions won't ship until November 2011. It's probably best to contact her directly via PM (devi ever) if you have questions about this. She is a forum member. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deviever/silver-rose-and-the-85-hyperion

• Members

There's a catch though. She is raising money to get production of a new pedal off the ground. The Hyperions won't ship until November 2011.
It's probably best to contact her directly via PM (devi ever) if you have questions about this. She is a forum member.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deviever/silver-rose-and-the-85-hyperion

$6,890 raised from just 25 backers? Kickstarter is amazing.

This picture is for you, PunkKitty (possibly NSFW):
http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/photos-in-need-of-comment/photo-for-822-of-the-most-disg.html

• Members

...Kickstarter is amazing...

Devi is amazing, both as a pedal maker and a human being. Nationalism aside her "made in the U.S.A." ethic is exactly what our economy needs. That, and bleeding ears. :p

Thx for posting PK.

p.s. In for both pedals....

• Members

There's a catch though. She is raising money to get production of a new pedal off the ground. The Hyperions won't ship until November 2011.
It's probably best to contact her directly via PM (devi ever) if you have questions about this. She is a forum member.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deviever/silver-rose-and-the-85-hyperion

So cool it should maybe have its own thread! :cool:

• Members
It's the weirdest thing I have ever seen as well. Within 5 min a thread on SD gets 400 views linking to a site and then the site is knocked out... I have had 3 confirmed orders but am waiting for the cancellations...

I hear the last 3 will be sold in the Wonka 4 Wankerz Cyber Candy Bars...

In Oz it appears the employees snagged the lions share before customers got a chance. Could have been the same situation on this side:

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/hp-fire-sale-sparks-anger-as-customers-accuse-staff-of-gobbling-up-tablets-20110823-1j7hf.html

• Members

BC Rich Stealth NT (small curvy Explorer shape) 342. shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-BC-Rich-Stealth-NT-Chameleon-Finish-/110731841403?pt=Guitar&hash=item19c821cf7b

I would not call this a great deal but I got one and it has a great neck and Fretwork.Awesome Player!
Note... no Grover tuners and it says it was a 2nd. Maybe that is why it was set-up so well.

Changed Bridge PUP... Duncan Designed was fine but I had this Dimarzio around and they are my Fav's.

Stealth2.jpg

• Members

Every once and a while a hunch turns out to be right, I guess.
:idea:
Don't forget to try to get M123 to do a price match to make it $899, when they open this morning.

I don't think the SDotD looks like that picture though. The pickup rings are black, the switch tip is white, it looks like an ebony board like the other Classic White LP's have and the description says it has a dark back. The pictures of the other colors on the MF website look like it is actually a black back. The white with light back does sort of look like an iced cookie. I think it needs that black back to make it pop.

The DC Classic Exclusive on Gibson's website might be the one, but the MF site said their model is a limited-run. Your picture and the others on the Gibby site are supposed to be a "dark back". Wasn't that RD Standard that blew out a couple of weeks ago also listed as an Exclusive on the Gibson website?

77e57400-b200-4659-8699-12f3c7a0dfa5.jpg

bacb78ce-a1cb-431f-a62d-e99b0c8cfc37.jpg

From the MF website:
"The Les Paul Double Cutaway celebrates this popular model in a limited-edition guitar with special appointments. This limited run of Gibson Les Pauls is available in three finishes: ebony, bullion gold and classic white with a dark back and neck."

Of course the pics on the MF website aren't even internally consistent. Look at the GT, one pic has a light back and aged switch tip, the other has a dark back and white one. Also, I think they are talking about Burstbucker Pro pickups, unless anyone else has actually heard of the "Rhythm Pro" pickup by Gibson.

Got the white one, I am dissapointed that ist's not the one MF had listade w/ebony board and black pup rings, what I got was the guitar above from Gibson's site....hmm. It's st still pretty dam nice for $999...i will have to think about this. The GT I has shipped to my work.

• Members
I so wish that XV-870 Shell Pink Rosewood Fingerboard had a maple fretboard... Has anyone ever had a XV-620? Could the be a gig worthy player with min upgrades?

I have an AX-620 from the last blem sale. Overall, very nice guitar, but definitely needs some upgrades. the pickups are nice, but their a bit trebley, the tuners are junk and the volume pot is a full on-or-off deal. Otherwise, I'd rank it Squier quality, definitely could be a player with some upgrades.