Aug Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Members
Got the white one, I am dissapointed that ist's not the one MF had listade w/ebony board and black pup rings, what I got was the guitar above from Gibson's site....hmm. It's st still pretty dam nice for $999...i will have to think about this. The GT I has shipped to my work.

Any actual pics of yours? Mine is still on the way. I cancelled the GT with P90 that I posted earlier and went with this one instead. I was hoping it has the black pup rings as well.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just a warning. I went to Amazon and bought a Gibson 1958 Les Paul Plain Top VOS Electric Guitar, Faded Tobacco for $1130, instead of the $3700 street price.
Nice deal, and everything looked legit. I've gotten great discounts from Amazon.

The problem?
I originally was interested in a different guitar, the price was also very low compared to the market, so I asked the seller if their guitars were new, came with a case, and so on.
The response was that the guitars were new, unplayed, and that I should check for more information in the seller's description. Interestingly, this information is not present in some links, but in essence they mention that it is a good quality replica that takes between 4 to 6 weeks to be delivered.
The page I visited had the official description from Gibson, said it was for the Gibson Custom Shop, showed the list price of $5,174.00, and so on.

Similarly for the other guitar, it says it's from Ibanez, list price is $3,466.65, and everything on that link looks likes it's the real deal at the bargain price of $1050.

As soon as I found this information I canceled my order and contacted Amazon about it (and never heard back). I don't know if this has been covered here, but wanted to warn potential buyers to make sure they're not getting a fake.

http://www.amazon.com/shops/AKOEJIQC3X57D
If you go through that link, everything looks official. For example, the Fender Artist Series Stevie Ray Vaughan Stratocaster Electric Guitar 3-Tone.
If, on the other hand, you search "Fender Artist Series Stevie Ray Vaughan Stratocaster Electric Guitar 3-Tone," click the result (a $1700 guitar), click "4 new from $1329," under Seller Information you'll find:
"*NEW IN BOX.* Please Read! Shipping takes 3-4 weeks. Though very similar to the original model, this is an extremely high quality replica"
The replica part is hidden until you select "Read more"

• Members

Any actual pics of yours? Mine is still on the way. I cancelled the GT with P90 that I posted earlier and went with this one instead. I was hoping it has the black pup rings as well.

It's basicly what I posted, however, it seems a little more aged white (Not black rings or ebony neck) but very {censored}in cool...I've been busy playing this guitar, right out of the box and I'm in love...this very well could be the best playing and sounding guitar I ever owned...I'm pretty sure I will end up keeping the GT as well, it's at my work, I didn't go in today, so I will check it out tomorrow.

Anyway this white one kicks-ass, plays great, great neck profile, sustains all day long, well balanced, not to heavy, better neck accesability and the pickups rule:thu:

• Members

Similarly for the other guitar, it says it's from Ibanez, list price is $3,466.65, and everything on that link looks likes it's the real deal at the bargain price of $1050.

I noticed that douchebag's listing for the Ibby a week or so ago. :mad:

How did you contact Amazon re: these obvious counterfeits?

• Members

Washburn WD40SCE Acoustic Electric Guitar - Natural $329.95 (Reg $429) so it's $99 off.

83151.jpg

http://www.americanmusical.com/RSS_Feeds/Ndnd.aspx

Washburn WD40SCE Acoustic Electric Guitar

The Washburn WD40SCE is a dreadnought style cutaway acoustic electric guitar.

With an excellent full sound, the WD40S features a solid Alaskan sitka spruce top with flame maple back and sides. Great for any level player.

Washburn WD40SCE Acoustic Electric Guitar Features:

Dreadnought cutaway style

Solid Alaskan Sitka Spruce top

Quarter sawn scalloped bracing

Flame maple sides and back

Satin finished maple neck with two-way trussrod

Neck and headstock binding

Rosewood fingerboard and bridge with bone nut and saddle

Flame maple capped headstock with abalone Washburn logo & stylized with inlay

Gold die cast chrome tuners

Fishman Isys plus Tuner/Preamp System

Comes equipped with D'Addario strings

was_wd10sce_isys.jpg

Fishman Isys Preamp Features:

Onboard easy to read 7-segment LED tuner

Volume control

Bass and Treble controls for enhanced tone shaping

Phase switch

Low battery indicator

Low profile control knobs

P.S. with AMS sales, you can have Zzounds give you a "beat it" price match, and those are good for 5 days to give you a little more time to think about it. They both have the same stock.

• Members

I noticed that douchebag's listing for the Ibby a week or so ago.
:mad:

How did you contact Amazon re: these obvious counterfeits?

When I canceled my order there was an option to send them feedback. They never replied, though. I don't doubt that some person will fall for this scam unless Amazon takes action against the seller, or they advertise the instruments for what they are, replicas.

• Members
I reported him to Amazon about a week ago. Sorry, I don't remember which link I used to send feedback. Haven't seen it make a difference, anyway. He does state on his sale link that the guitar is a "replica," but that doesn't make it OK to sell counterfeits.

Screw reporting it to Amazon. I reported it to Gibson. Let their legal team deal with it.

• Members

I reported him to Amazon about a week ago. Sorry, I don't remember which link I used to send feedback. Haven't seen it make a difference, anyway. He does state on his sale link that the guitar is a "replica," but that doesn't make it OK to sell counterfeits.

And a big issue is that in some pages there's no mention about them being replicas. Everything is set up as though these were the real guitars at low prices. Only through some links is there mention of the guitars being replicas.

And indeed it's a good idea to report it to Gibson (and others) as well.

• Members

I also reported it to Ibanez, PRS, Rickenbacker and Martin. I'll call Taylor and Fender when they open. They have the legal teams to deal with it.

I already got a response from an actual person (as opposed to a mailbot) at Martin.

PunkKitty bringin the smackdown on the scammers! :cop::cop::cop:

Well done! :thu:

• Members

I'm pretty sure I will end up keeping the GT as well, it's at my work, I didn't go in today, so I will check it out tomorrow.

I just picked my GT up at work today. It is exactly as shown on the MF website. It says "dark back" on the box, but it is in fact a solid black back and neck. Sort of like a Joe Bonamassa P90 DC LP. Now all I have to do is put black covers on the pickups and mismatch the knobs.

• Members

Hello Music has the MOTU UltraLite MK3 Hybrid for $350

I've heard not-great things about these MOTU firewire units when used with PC's, but I can say for a fact that they are great with Macs. I've got the old 1st Gen 828 and I love it.

I snapped one up, and it will either replace the old 828 or maybe I'll use them together in the studio. We'll see. The MK3 is better for live applications than my old rig, because it can be "pre-set" and then run without the computer, and it also has better no-latency monitoring options.