Aug Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction. :rolleyes:

The RULES:

1) NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

2) NO WHINING ABOUT DISCUSSIONS IN THE THREAD!

Last month we tried a separate discussion thread, but it's just too cumbersome to have a separate thread, so there won't be one anymore.

From my observations, the majority of people like to talk about the deals in order to decide if they want to buy something. There's typically just a few loud members constantly complaining about the discussions. As long as the discussions are related to the item in question, then the discussion can stay in this thread. If someone starts whining and causes a big flame war about "too much talking" they are going to get a temp ban. Everybody participating in any flame war in this thread will get a temp ban. Just behave yourselves! There is more to life than this internet thready thing.

3) All new deals must be posted in RED! Or at least the TITLE OF THE DEAL.

That will help people be able to filter though the pages of discussion and the actual deal posts will pop right out.

4) Your personal SPAM is not allowed in this thread. If you post SPAM in here, you will get a temp ban. Then no one will be able to buy your crappy gear.

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

And as, alway: there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a seperate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The deal from the end of the July thread about Hello Music selling the ZT Lunchbox for $200 is worth repeating.

People who have been around this forum for a couple years know that I'm a bit of a tube-amp snob, but if you're looking for a gig-worthy solid-state amp, these little miracle boxes are just about the best deal out there, even at full price.

The "200W" thing is pure marketing BS, but if you pair the Lunchbox with the little matching $100 Lunchbox cab, you essentially have a pocket-sized, 17-pound replacement for the massive (and massively expensive) Roland JC-120, minus the reverb & chorus. Yes, I'm serious. It sounds that good, and is loud enough to play clean in rehearsal with a full band. People will be astonished by how much sound you're pushing out of two tiny 6.5" speakers.

Also, now that Crate has (for some baffling reason) stopped making the Power Block amp head, the ZT Lunchbox is the best available "backup amp" for hiding under one of the seats in your van and leaving it there just in case your regular amp craps the bed at a gig.

At $200, this is a no-brainer purchase if you have use for a loud, clean, sweet-sounding ultra-portable amp and don't already have one.

• Members

Zzounds 15% off phone orders (electric guitar category items, apparently)

from the email:

We keep the Shred Hot Summer Deals jamming this week with huge savings on electric guitars. Call us up and give us your best guitar solo impression, and in return, we'll give you a screamin' 15% off deal on items you want from our electric guitar category. Give us your best meedly-meedly or widdly-widdly-wah by Monday, August 8th to take advantage of this phone only deal!

• Members

Alvarez RD210 Regent Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar $119.99

$129 - $10 (code "SAVE10" = $10 off $99 or more)

Also:

Alvarez includes a hardshell case with the Regent guitar!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/alvarez-rd210-regent-dreadnought-acoustic-guitar/582312000010000

NOTE: This may be a price mistake M123 lowered this guitar to $219 (same numbers as $129) so hurry!

• Members

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/alvarez-rd210-regent-dreadnought-acoustic-guitar/582312000010000

NOTE: This may be a price mistake M123 lowered this guitar to $219 (same numbers as $129) so hurry!

Good deal, but to add some perspective, it has been out there for a while See Thread. MF is also selling it for the same price on Amazon with 11 left. Like I said good deal, just no reason to rush from what I can see. Thanks to the OP for posting.

• Members

Good deal, but to add some perspective, it has been out there for a while
See Thread
. MF is also selling it for the same price on
Amazon
with 11 left. Like I said good deal, just no reason to rush from what I can see. Thanks to the OP for posting.

I don't know if I would really say has been out there for awhile, it was posted on the acoustic forum 6 days ago with only 1 reply (also 6 days ago). If it is posted here, or on slickdeals or fatwallet, then I would say it has been out there. I did not know this was posted on the acoustic forum or I would have credited it GUIT30. Also the price I posted is $10 less than Amazon and 11 is not much stock.

• Members

Wasn't knocking you sasjif. Did you notice that I did thank you for the post, because I was unaware of it till you posted it, and it does look like a good deal. Irregardless of the number of replies, the post on the 27th has had over 100 views. Just saying, I wouldn't rush to buy it unless I really wanted it. If I was interested (which I am) I would watch the count on Amazon and think about it a while. That's why I posted the Amazon link and the prior forum link. I appreciate all your posts, which are many. But when you say it's "likely a mistake, so you better hurry"... I just felt the additional info might be useful to other forumites before they pulled the trigger out of impulse (as I know I have been prone to do). Dude you make tons of post, which is much appreciated. But there is no need to get defensive if someone else contributes useful information about the deal.

I just don't share your opinion that I need to rush to make a decision. I thought I would share that on the forum, backed up by some facts and links. Thanks again for posting it.

• Members

Best Buy is having a midnight sale and there's some musician-related items in it:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/regularCat%3Apcmcat242800050022/regularCat%3Apcmcat242800050022/pcmcat242800050022.c?id=pcmcat242800050022

Not much for guitarists but KILLER deals for drummers! Just picked up some Evans head for my kids' drum kit for 99 cents each!!!

• Members

Best Buy is having a midnight sale and there's some musician-related items in it:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/regularCat%3Apcmcat242800050022/regularCat%3Apcmcat242800050022/pcmcat242800050022.c?id=pcmcat242800050022

Hmm too bad the $49 crown power amp isnt available anywhere near me, or the 3 buck condensor mics.

In fact anything i want to get isnt available for shipping and isnt anywhere near me.

Killer sale though, thanks for posting it.

• Members

Thanks for posting the deal. It was supposed to end 2 hours ago, but you can still order as of 10:30 AM EST today. I snagged one of those Crown power amps for $49. Time to upgrade my ART SLA-2 for the Axe-FX Ultra. I seriously considered a matching pair of the EV 12" PA speakers, but I think the Mackie C300z's I already have are probably a better sounding speaker.

• Members

I should have jumped on the Korg - Kaossilator Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer for $49 but already have one... I balked but would have made a great Christmas present.
:facepalm:

You are right! And this http://www.amazon.com/KORG-DS-10-Plus-Nintendo-DS/dp/B002SW7WAY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312485426&sr=8-1 would make a good present for someone who has a DS.

• Members

Guitar Center 47th Anniversary Weekend Sale - $10 off $49, $100 off $599 - Promo "PARTY" -

Coupon appears to be good online or in store. Not sure if you can stack the in store coupon on the LP Jr but it's worth a try. Please report if anyone has success.

Print Coupon

In Store Only. 3 pack D'Addarrio Acoustics $9. Epi Les Paul Jr $89.

• Members

Guitar Center 47th Anniversary Weekend Sale - $10 off $49, $100 off $599 - Promo "PARTY" -

Coupon appears to be good online or in store. Not sure if you can stack the in store coupon on the LP Jr but it's worth a try. Please report if anyone has success.

Print Coupon

In Store Only. 3 pack D'Addarrio Acoustics $9. Epi Les Paul Jr $89.

Do you have any more info on that Les Paul Jr? Is it just the burst or are they gonna have other colors? Couldn't find anything on the site.... :(