Have you seen the new Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster ?

gardo

• Members
There MIGHT be the low E string giving a little harmonic overtone, because of the length of it at the headstock, But probably not. (oops, just saw the was a tree there, never mind)

It just irritates me that they put Jimi's name on something, that isn't what he played. If Jimi was alive today, he would be playing Ibanez.

I immediately thought the same thing but the posts went straight to the technical and not the ethical side. It would appear the name is nonplussed in context.

I don't have a problem using someone's name on something to grab at the money but to think that a name will get people to buy tells me there's a market of air heads out there. That bothers me worse than the name-dropping marketing ploys.

• Members

SteveMillerBand-01-big.jpg

Kinda funny to see the "Authentic Hendrix" logo next to that train wreck.

That's a bit of a money grab that one. Does it come with a limited run memorial plate? wink.png

The marketing and licensing of Jimi Hendrix' name & image is controlled by his heirs, blame them. I suppose this is the same person or people who thought that partnering with Gibson to make a Hendrix tribute strat was a great idea. There's been decades of Jimi Hendrix merchandise of various kinds, some of it was terrible. The Jim Dunlop 'Jimi Hendrix' Fuzz, to give just one example.

Archived