I'm so upset right now! My divorce is gonna get ugly.

TU BE

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
LMAO~!
:D

I was drinking Everclear as a teen, but all the proved was that I was able to get utterly trashed and do rediculously stupid $hit at a young age, which I guess is what he's doing right now, as well.
:lol:

ah waking up not remembering what happened at all on a floor in someone elses house, who i have never met. The great days of high school partys good times

• Members

if she had her wits about her about playing mean on custody, and had a savvy attorney advising her, which is what my wife would do ... she would blindside you with this. Just run you over with a Mack truck. Of course, she could just be a mentally unstable somewhat foolish person.

I read all this out of curiosity for the troll ... this is a lot of too much drama for me usually. However, with a sister-in-law in a divorce practice - not in Texas though - here is my take ...

You are not playing enough hardball. Period. I don't know what sort of documentation you have, but if you don't have an investigator, it may be money well spent.

I personally may engage her in a conversation concerning her enlistment, to get a name/location of the recruiter. I then would do my best to elicit as much information about her from the recruiter as possible. I may even try to get a court order to make them provide her enlistment forms. Discredit her every possible chance you can.

Let me tell you, from what I can see ... you are not mean enough to win, no matter how much better it would be for your children. And you.

Having said that, good luck to you - sincerely. I don't wish bad things happening to parents and their children, especially good parents - the world doesn;t have enough of those. :wave:

• Members
Sorry it took so long to deal with the loiking character, guys. I have to sleep sometime.
;)
Hopefully his attitude will be adjusted when he gets back in 6 months.

I suspect noone will miss him in the meantime. :D

Tu Be, sorry to hear about the divorce crap. I really don't want to even fathom being in your shoes.
:(

Agreed. From reading some posts from before he and his wife were even separated it seems his wife has always been ready to jump at chances to gratify herself without taking her own family at all into consideration. :(

• Members
So the soon to be ex-wife calls me up and seems one of her friends has convinced her to join the Air Force. That's all good that she wants to better herself, but here's where the problem arrives.

See, we were originally gonna do a joint custody of my kids and both live here in SA. But now, if she joins they could send her ANYWHERE and she says SHE wants custody which would basically make me have to follow her wherever she has to go for Uncle Sam if I want to see my kids.

This totally pisses me off because I have been the best parent I can be considering the circumstances and she has put little effort into being one for the past 6 months. Now, with a "contested" divorce here in Texas, she could win custody of our kids and I'd be a {censored}ing nomad if I want to be part of their lives.

This was NOT the original plan for the divorce and she has gone and thrown a {censored}ing monkey wrench in the godamn spokes. I can't be without my kids. I won't do it. I WILL NOT be a weekend dad (or worse yet a once or twice a year dad).

I'm so {censored}ing pissed right now I don't know whether to punch something or just breakdown and have a good cry. {censored}!!!!

Get a GOOD Lawyer NOW...File for joint custody but you want physical custody. You'll have the kids for at least 6 months while she is training I would think so you have a very good chance of getting perminent physical custody. I think this is a bad thing for her, joining the AirForce if she really wants the kids living with her. She WILL BE deployed sometime in the near future as well so you should get them then as well. All in all, it would not be a stable home for your kids with her and it will be easy to show that in this political climate. .She is making a mistake here. So Calm down and get busy.

• Members
...and then he went to court, and reality hit him right square in the nuts.

Some of you guys must be living in Disneyland.
:idk:

No, I was raised around this stuff. There was a time when custody battles were hardly battles at all, they were so one sided for the mother's side. It wasn't even something you could contest and hope to win. Obviously, there's still a long way to go. But seriously, fathers can win significant custody rights. It used to be not that long ago, fathers never got custody, except in special circumstances, and had very limited custody rights. We're living in the age of child custody reform, believe it or not:freak:

All I was saying about getting a laywer is to go to the source. Try to get the lawyer that your lawyer associate would get for himself/herself if s/he were facing a divorce and custody battle. Then get them to call ahead for you. Can go a long way, at times, towards the attorney you work with treating you professionally while also not always being on the clock when you talk to them, overcharging you, giving you viable options to help your case and lower costs along the way, etc.

But it will cost you, just the same.

• Members
Get a GOOD Lawyer NOW...File for joint custody but you want physical custody. You'll have the kids for at least 6 months while she is training I would think so you have a very good chance of getting perminent physical custody. I think this is a bad thing for her, joining the AirForce if she really wants the kids living with her. She WILL BE deployed sometime in the near future as well so you should get them then as well. All in all, it would not be a stable home for your kids with her and it will be easy to show that in this political climate. .She is making a mistake here. So Calm down and get busy.

Yeh - that's the way I see it too.

• Members
Something else you'll want to do: stop speaking publicly (read: posting on the HCAF) about your sexual conquests. If the divorce is gonna get ugly like you anticipate, rest assured that anything you say can and will be used against you.

To be honest I was getting a little sick of them too.

He is right watch your back and be an angel for your kids. Its fun chasing women but your (I know you Know) kids are more inportant.

I wish all the best and I hope you can all get the best arrangement thats possible.

Women are devious and nasty when pissed off though, so be ready.

• Moderators
I suspect noone will miss him in the meantime.
:D

Agreed. From reading some posts from before he and his wife were even separated it seems his wife has always been ready to jump at chances to gratify herself without taking her own family at all into consideration.
:(

I doubt he will be missed either. ;)

I am not familiar with Tu Be's history, but like I said, the thought of a woman, any woman, being able to legally take a mans child away from him for pretty much no reason pisses me off at our legal system. :evil:

Especially when you consider all of the {censored}ty dads who can't be bothered to be dads. So lets punish the dads who are stand up guys. :rolleyes:

• Members
See, she thinks she IS doing what's best for the kids. That's the {censored}ed up part. She's like, "Benefits, health care" etc.

And YES, she is VERY selfish. I honestly don't think she can win this custody battle. I have record of everytime she's actually visited the kids and it doesn't look too good. PLUS, I have written record of everytime she's "said" she was going to visit them ONLY to disappoint them by either not showing up at all or calling to say she can't make it.

You not only need legal advice, you need the BEST you can find. A good lawyer can totally dominate.

• Members

TU BE, as others have stated I do think it's in your favor if she joins the military. When I was in the Army, most of the single parents I knew did not have their kids with them, especially if they were stationed overseas. More than likely, she is going to have to go outside the US for a tour and it will not be just once. More than likely,Iraq or Afghanistan. I also think the judge will take into consideration what your kids want, who they would rather be with. It's a bad situation but I think you will come out on top. Good luck.

• Members

Talked to the soon to be ex this morn. It seems her "lawyer" has told her if she joins the military she has virtually NO chance of getting the kids.

So....she has decided to stick with the original plan of joint custody and an "uncontested" divorce.

Imagine that. :poke: