I'm so upset right now! My divorce is gonna get ugly.

TU BE

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Talked to the soon to be ex this morn. It seems her "lawyer" has told her if she joins the military she has virtually NO chance of getting the kids.

So....she has decided to stick with the original plan of joint custody and an "uncontested" divorce.

Imagine that. :poke:

awesome dude Congrats glad to hear the kids are staying close to you.

• Members
awesome dude Congrats glad to hear the kids are staying close to you.

For now. She claims that she wants to find another job and that her MBA isn't much good in SA (which is a load of crap). She wants to move eventually, but the decree WILL contain a "restrictive domicile" clause for sure.

• Members
Talked to the soon to be ex this morn. It seems her "lawyer" has told her if she joins the military she has virtually NO chance of getting the kids.

So....she has decided to stick with the original plan of joint custody and an "uncontested" divorce.

in the words of Homer J Simpson WOO HOO

simpsonsmovie.jpg

• Members

Well thats some good news!!! I was thinking that would probably be the deal. At the same time, what kind of woman with two small younguns wants to join the damn navy? I mean, I appreciate wanting to serve your country but... :freak::D

• Members

At least she loves the kids enough to be around. It really can screw a kid up not having a mom.

• Members
Well thats some good news!!! I was thinking that would probably be the deal. At the same time, what kind of woman with two small younguns wants to join the damn navy? I mean, I appreciate wanting to serve your country but...
:freak::D

I'm convinced she doesn't have the ability to think things through thoroughly before making decisions. It was a selfish thing to consider in the first place.

• Members
Something else you'll want to do: stop speaking publicly (read: posting on the HCAF) about your sexual conquests. If the divorce is gonna get ugly like you anticipate, rest assured that anything you say can and will be used against you.

+10000

Despite all this tramp has put you through I'm surprised you haven't gotten a lawyer a long time ago.

I really hope things work out....this is not a good situation for anyone but her.

• Members
Yes, when I get home from work this afternoon, I will go through and delete all my posts of that nature.
:wave:

I think that's a smart move man. Joining the airforce right now seems kind of out there to me especially when she has kids, so I don't think its a stretch to think she'd scour the internet for dirt on you, honestly. Glad to hear her plans are dead in the water for now though :thu:

• Members

Very good!!! Glad to hear!!

• Members
+10000

Despite all this tramp has put you through I'm surprised you haven't gotten a lawyer a long time ago.

I really hope things work out....this is not a good situation for anyone but her.

Dude, I've HAD a lawyer. I filed for the big D when I still lived in Forth Worth. All we were waiting on was for her to sign the papers saying it is gonna be an "uncontested" divorce, which she has informed me she has done now (8 months later:rolleyes:). So now we can get this marriage over with and get on with our lives.

• Members
But seriously, fathers can win significant custody rights. ...We're living in the age of child custody reform, believe it or not:freak:

Yep, dads can get significant custody rights alright. In less than 10% of cases does Dad get full custody, but then it depends on what you call "significant". :rolleyes: Look up the stats, although it varies from state to state.

Yes, it IS possible to find a lawyer who isn't trying to take everything of value you have left (and then some) to fight your case. Good luck with that. Even IF you do find one, the end result will be determined by the judge, no matter what $$ you spend or who the lawyer is.

The simple but harsh fact is that the vast, vast majority of fam. court judges are leaning towards the mother's side, if not outright hostile to men in general before you even get in the starting line.

I have seen guys walk in with the "best" divorce lawyer in a 100 mile radius, spending 10's of thousands of $$, only to get rammed by the judge. All they're looking for is one tiny excuse to hang their hat on and that's all they need.

I've seen judges ignore mothers who violated visitation orders 15-20 times in a row that were well documented, and those were not unusual or rare cases. Yes, a lawyer who happens to give a {censored} can help, but don't expect one to save the day.

• Members

If you're in Texas, be aware that it's not a 'no-fault' divorce state (there are only 15 so far), so you have to be careful of stuff that can be used against you.

I'm glad about the news. But I'd still go and see your lawyer about this. It won't hurt to keep on top of things. And don't tell your wife you saw the lawyer (that goes without saying).

• Members

+10000

He doesn't NEED a lawyer, he has US. :love: Group hug! :love: :love:

But seriously, I hope everything works out. I'd be broken if my kids were taken away!

• Members
I think if you explain to the Air Force recruiter all of the facts of what it appears she failed to disclose while filling out her enlistment contract she will not be allowed to enlist.

The AF doesn't care about that right now, they're desperate for bodies. Whatever is not exactly great about her they can get waived.

• Members

Good luck, TU BE. It seems that every time I think maybe marriage is a possibility I see some bitch come along and {censored}i up with her being crazy and greedy. I was raised by my mother after she left my father, and only as I got older did I realize that it really WAS her fault, and she was being selfish and tried to pin everything on our father. He and I lost 5 years because I believed everything my mum said and then some.

Fight for your kids, and if you can afford it, throw down a legal {censored}ing gauntlet. It sounds terrible, but if she wants you broken and bloody, might as well prepare her for her new career...

• Members

Me being in the army, you may be able to get the kids in court. It depends on if she is going to be Deployable or non deployable, meaning she will leave to go overseas eventually (iraq, afganistan). She may have also fraudently enlisted too, all she had to do was say you have the kids full time when she signed up and BAM! She's in. My ex-wife had to lie and say i wasnt in the army and i had the kids for her to get in. You should do more research.

• Members
Actually, with her being active duty Air Force, you are in a slightly better position to get majority of the custody.

Research some, because I think it could work in your favor. I think.

Exactly. TU BE - you need to talk to a lawyer as soon you know she's actually going to go through with this.

• Members
It depends if he was waring frilly underwear

and he should be telling it to peoples face, not some forum thats available to a whole bunch of disgruntled teenager like myself.

P.s

do i get a spork?

lol, most of us arent {censored}ing teenagers you {censored}ing idiot. does mommy cut your pb and j sandwiches into triangles or rectangles?