dunlop picks

mbengs1

• Members

I used the Blues for at least 20 years for playing live. I've pretty much gone back to using fender celluloid mediums for the past two years.

I've used most of the dunlops and the blues are the best for my style.

I play more sitting down in the studio now and was having issues with the joints in my wrist getting inflamed using the heavier picks.

I played a gig recently and was chewing up the Fenders after a single song. Luckily I had a couple of Blues in my pick box to use.

Maybe its the adrenalin that kicked in playing live that chewed them up or maybe its because the guitar hangs lower and the attack angle is different with it strapped up that made the Blues a better choice.

• Members

I prefer the yellows, but will use just about anything as long as it's NOT the super thin orange or reds. And I have always hated the nylons for some reason. Recently I have been playing with a stone pick, give or take 3mm, and love it for actually killing those high ends.

I like the yellow Tortex for overall use. I tend to go to the red ones for acoustic strumming, and sometimes the green or the purple for leads and occasionally for bass.

I like the nylon Dunlop picks too, but I don't want to incur Ratae's wrath by going off-topic... ;)

Archived