gardo

• Members

We all have go to guitars, but what about the other end of the scale 

Mine is a 1971 Yamaha G230 classical guitar 

Had to have it but never play it

Why ,because I can’t plug it in.

Not really, just don’t like the short fat neck 

• Members

Two Martin dreadnaughts.  A million years ago I thought I needed a Martin.   Then I thought I needed a Martin 12 string.   Then I discovered that I don't like dreadnaughts.    They sit in the basement waiting for me to do something with them.    Some day I will

IMG_0184.thumb.JPG.8b107e806b1c5c18ef2ec8037b8b8cc6.JPG

The cheap little plywood Yamie I play frequently.   The bimmer I sold last year...

• Members
2 minutes ago, Freeman Keller said:

Two Martin dreadnaughts.  A million years ago I thought I needed a Martin.   Then I thought I needed a Martin 12 string.   Then I discovered that I don't like dreadnaughts.    They sit in the basement waiting for me to do something with them.    Some day I will

The cheap little plywood Yamie I play frequently.   The bimmer I sold last year...

Is the Yamaha an FG-150 (Japan)?

• Members
5 minutes ago, Freeman Keller said:

Two different times I had to have a12 string

The first developed a crack, it was repaired under warranty then quickly sold

The second was fun for a few weeks then put it a case under the bed and forgotten.

Eventually I traded it for an amp

• Members
1 hour ago, onelife said:

Is the Yamaha an FG-150 (Japan)?

Yes, my first guitar, still have it and still play it.  Did the sawn off neck reset a few years ago, took it on a road trip this summer.

1 hour ago, gardo said:

Two different times I had to have a12 string

The first developed a crack, it was repaired under warranty then quickly sold

The second was fun for a few weeks then put it a case under the bed and forgotten.

Eventually I traded it for an amp

I've built two other 12 strings to try to resolve the things I don't like about the Martin.  I play them a lot

IMG_2023.JPG.a6a3a0d2c54ca95a2489a7da2b280e3c.JPG

Probably off topic since they are all acoustics.   As far as my electrics, I have the three that I need to cover all the bases and play all three of them.

• Moderators

probably my SG...bought it on a whim basically because the guy who owned it sold it to me dead cheap...it was not in great shape, needs a lot of work [new nut, refin, p-u replacement].

That was 20 years ago...and aside from a set-up, I have done nothing to it. It has a DiMarzio SD in the bridge, which I really find too dark for soloing, and a DiMarzio PAF at the neck, which I am much more partial to, but the neck diving and the appearance keep me from gigging with it...I should sell it...or fix it up...just..haven't..after 20 years. It is sad, because I was able to get the action perfect, but it and my resonater get the least work out...

Freeman, wanna trade that Martin 12 for an SG?😉

• Members

Of my electrics the Strat gets the least playing time  Even though with a little delay it's a Honky Tonk Hammer. Does a good job with surf too ,love that trem just don't seem to play it

But I would never think of selling it . 

Image result for early stratocaster players

• Members

Back in the mid 70's I just had to have a 12-string acoustic. I bought one, a Sakura S-12-9, and it was my main and pretty much only guitar for years. But eventually I got tired of trying to tune it and bought a six string. Here's a pic of another S-12-9 like mine. The top is spruce and the back and sides are bubinga. I won't sell it because I promised daughter DeepEtte she'd inherit it.

Sak_S-12-9.jpg.eba94ca965212fe71e5c64096f42cf7d.jpg

• Members
1 hour ago, humbuckerstrat said:

My Hohner HS-40 hollowbody, it’s kind of big, awkward, and loud acoustically. I love it, and I’m glad I have it, but compared to my solidbodies, I don’t play it that much.

It's big ,its award , it's loud acoustilay  and it's beautiful 

Ted Nugent knew how to rock a jazz box

• Members
6 hours ago, gardo said:

It's big ,its award , it's loud acoustilay  and it's beautiful 

Ted Nugent knew how to rock a jazz box

he got a great sound out of them. Wonder why he switched to Strat types?

He went from stacked Fender twins to Marshall's too.

Of course by then his hitmaker days were over and he went to being a right wing gun nut. But he was always one I think.

• Members
6 minutes ago, AlamoJoe said:

he got a great sound out of them. Wonder why he switched to Strat types?

He went from stacked Fender twins to Marshall's too.

Of course by then his hitmaker days were over and he went to being a right wing gun nut. But he was always one I think.

And lost about 20 percent of his hearing too

• Members
On 11/16/2019 at 3:00 PM, gardo said:

We all have go to guitars, but what about the other end of the scale 

Mine is a 1971 Yamaha G230 classical guitar 

Had to have it but never play it

Why ,because I can’t plug it in.

Not really, just don’t like the short fat neck 

Well, my daughter just got a guitar . Asked her if she wanted it before I sold it and she grabbed it up.  So all's well that ends well I suppose.

• Members

What's forever?  I mean, I've got guitars I probably haven't played in 2 years but may pull it from the case and play it for a month.  I also have a retired guitar that I keep because of who gave it to me and look back on it and remember learning on it and the special person who gave it to me that has now passed away.  

Retired:

No photo description available.

Probably has been 5 years since I've play this 20th Anniversary Squier Strat.  Beautiful guitar that I upgraded and it plays and sounds great.  It's one of the few guitars I have where you can feel the music in the guitar.  Both weird and wonderful.  

No photo description available.

Archived