OT: "Classic" band that you just cannot stand?

Red Ant

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I already slagged on Steve Perry but I couldn't resist the opportunity to repeat it.

This time however I will put him in good company with Kevin Cronin and Dennis DeYoung, who suck equally and together make up a sizable amount of what was wrong with '70s music (other than the Brothers Gibb).

• Members

I've heard a lot of them. Some are beyond terrible, but some are really excellent. What I can't stand is when the "excellent" ones go into 20 minutes of scatting at the end of a song. And no, I'm not exaggerating.

I liked a lot of the stuff from the 90's, especially the Maranatha and similar stuff. The late 90's/early 2000's ushered in the Passion Worship era, which was hit or miss. Everything for the last 10 years sounds like bad EMO to me.

• Members
I already slagged on Steve Perry but I couldn't resist the opportunity to repeat it.

This time however I will put him in good company with Kevin Cronin and Dennis DeYoung, who suck equally and together make up a sizable amount of what was wrong with '70s music (other than the Brothers Gibb).

The one Steve Perry thing I actually liked was the simple piano ballad "Foolish Heart".

Archived