OT: "Classic" band that you just cannot stand?

Red Ant

• Members

I think we're splitting hairs. My problem with last waltz was the they applied audio over the concert footage that was actually recorded in a studio. And it was painfully obvious.

I love watching neck fingerwork in live concert videos. This is what made the Eagles Austrailia concert video so awesome. I loved watching the Walsh and the hired gun play, sometimes with closeups on the fingering. In The Last Waltz, fuggetaboutit.

Maybe so, I'm gonna watch it again over the holidays.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe so, I'm gonna watch it again over the holidays.

Watch the bass player. I was so annoyed by it at the time that I searched google about it. It's where I learned a LOT about the overdubbing on that concert as well as the flack they took for it.

Funny thing, though, I think that if I had watched the concert stoned, I'd have really enjoyed it. But that bus left the station in 1977 for me.

• Members

Watch the bass player. I was so annoyed by it at the time that I searched google about it. It's where I learned a LOT about the overdubbing on that concert as well as the flack they took for it.

Funny thing, though, I think that if I had watched the concert stoned, I'd have really enjoyed it. But that bus left the station in 1977 for me.

Fair enough.

My only point is that a lot of recorded "live" performances get the studio treatment.

But like I said I want to watch it again before I make a judgment either way. I have it on bluray.

You know it is famous for the video editing, especially with Neil Young. But I haven't heard much said about the audio.

• Members
For me its The Doors, hands down. Between JM's drunken mewl, his pseudo-poetry lyrical meanderings, Ray's stiff-@$$ playing with the hideous Vox organ sound, and Krieger's cringe-worthy guitaring, its just a horror show for me. Densmore's alright though, dude was a good swingin' drummer.

Then there's their love for Kurt Veil. Oh and no bass. :mad:

Go...

I can't stand the vast majority of "classic" bands. LOVE the Doors though.

Archived