New EHX Sitar pedal

warioblast

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's so pretentious about liking Indian sounds?

I agree that HCFX is pretentious, but it's not really coming across in this thread.

You are joking, right? But, meh, I won't bite. I'm in the minority here (nothing new) so I'd prefer to keep my fingers and toes in tact. It's blatantly pretentious, and if you don't think it is then you've simply been sucked in too, in which case no wukkas and have a lovely day. :)

• Members

I want to buy it not for the sitar sounds, which will probably sound pretty cheesy, but for all the other messed up noises it is likely to make.

Though I feel that like my experience has been with most EHX gear, the novelty will wear off and all the short comings will start to bother me. So far the only EHX I have kept is the SMMH and even that has a whole bunch of things I wish it did better, but a whole lot more it excells at so its sticking around.

• Members

is anybody besides me literally LAUGHINGOUTLOUD that someone actually called a Guitar Pedal "pretentious."

+1

I get that vibe a lot from certain types of people though. A lot of people like absolute straight forward music with zero ingenuity or experimentation.

*edit: ingenuity is probably the wrong word to use there but you know what I mean

Archived