New EHX Sitar pedal

warioblast

• Members

At least in the HC demo he didn't have flange on for the duration of it!!!

It sounds to me like it's pretty powerful though & should have a bunch of great sounds in it.

I think it would be fun to use the Ravish Sitar for a really droney cover of this song:

[video=youtube;rb855M1p_i4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb855M1p_i4

BTW, I found a couple cool videos when searching Electro-Harmonix Sitar:

[video=youtube;CgsLkBtQZwQ]

[video=youtube;VDEwnbFzFok]

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are joking, right? But, meh, I won't bite. I'm in the minority here (nothing new) so I'd prefer to keep my fingers and toes in tact. It's blatantly pretentious, and if you don't think it is then you've simply been sucked in too, in which case no wukkas and have a lovely day.
:)

The pretentiousness of this post alone... is inexplicable. Keep in mind I'm not even interested in the pedal like the 'HCFX Pretentious Western-Eastern Wank Club' or whatever he called it, but i wonder if he realizes there is a thing called 'society' which exists and those in it don't necessarily share the same viewpoints that he has.

• Members

That demo was the biggest turnoff.... I put my pants on and left.

And as far as this is concerned, since you're still on it...

If it can't be used for the blooz it's pretentious.

I think he thinks pretentious means excessive...

In which case it's still wrong and snotty.

• Members

That was without the worst guitar pedal demo I have ever seen. The guy knows absolutely nothing about the pedals he's playing, and can barely play. His response to what the POG 2 can do was just "it does organ sounds."

Douche

• Members

Somehow I doubt that happens, seeing as nobody is flipping any of the other 200 some EHX pedals for 30 some right now.

In Ableton there's an effect called resonator, and in audiomulch there's an effect called 5combs. From what I've read and seen now, I'm pretty sure the EHX Sitar simulator is based on the same idea. To my knowledge there's never been a guitar pedal to do this & I bet it would be great for MBV or Stars of the Lid style stuff. It's not going to be like the Danelectro Sitar Swami which was just a godawful POS.

• Members

A crappy demo makes me go from "TELL ME MORE!" to "whatever," really quickly. Such a bad business plan. Just get someone there to demo stuff who will make people excited about the product. We can't be at NAMM. This is how we get information. I don't think it is laughable to lose interest in a product with a crappy demo. Especially something that is seems like it should be really far out. I was thinking this pedal would sound really good, and I'm sure it does, but hearing that guy wanking on it was a real buzz kill.

• Members

That first guy didn't even know he left on the neo mistress. You can hear him say it in the demo.

Even after watching these, i'll bet it's capable of some great sounds.

Shouldn't be too long till the Bill Ruppert demo will show up.. but even then, up close and personal is the only thing that would satisfy my curiosity.

• Members

I still really REALLY want one. That guy demoing it seemed a bit clueless but I bet in the right hands it could do some cool stuff. Not saying that my hands are entirely...right...

well one of them has to be left

Archived