New EHX Sitar pedal

warioblast

• Members

i've never heard it explained that way. makes more sense than what i was thinking. i watched video of how someone teaches sitar or something and it was basically right hand technique with this weird pick that looked more like a clip or something.

so does this ravish sitar tune to the key you're in? you use like a ring mod and use similar sounds? is the sympathetic sounds something that you can just bypass? i've tried just reading this thread so far but i really am interested in it now.

Well from pages past, the sympathetic strings can be tuned to different keys, they can tune to the major or minor chord you're playing, or you can make your own scales for them. I don't think it will tune automatically to the key you're playing though.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know if they took the output of the 6 string pups on one of those and fed it through a fernandes sustainer to those drone strings, they'd actually sympathetically drone they way they're supposed to.

That was the big disappointment for me. I wanted one of those, but then found out that the sympathetic strings don't really drone naturally, you have to pluck them. So really the main feature of that guitar is the buzz bridge.

Of course with that into this, you'd get the sympathetic drones plus the great natural lead sound out of the coral sitar itself. So I bet it would sound pretty good.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I dunno, looks expensive, want to try it first, not even hear it, want to try it

and I actually did not really dislike the Sitar Swami, actually should have bought one when they were blown out

so I tried it last week and liked it a lot

tracks beautifully, plenty of sound variety, spot on sitar sound, the droning, the sympathetic strings

fun pedal

didn't buy it though, it was 199euros

might pick one up later on

used

Archived