New EHX Sitar pedal

warioblast

• Members

+1

I get that vibe a lot from certain types of people though. A lot of people like absolute straight forward music with zero ingenuity or experimentation.

of course i will never discount that. people like what they like and that's fine. nothing more beautiful than a burnt-out metal dude. but this is a quote "off-the-shelf pedal" that is not even out yet & more than likely will cost $217 and the word "pretentious" is used to describe it. the irony is most certainly not lost on me.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You are joking, right? But, meh, I won't bite. I'm in the minority here (nothing new) so I'd prefer to keep my fingers and toes in tact. It's blatantly pretentious, and if you don't think it is then you've simply been sucked in too, in which case no wukkas and have a lovely day.
:)

Why would I be joking? Please bite, I'd like to know why you think it's pretentious to be interested in a pedal.

• Members

is anybody besides me literally LAUGHINGOUTLOUD that someone actually called a Guitar Pedal "pretentious."

If it can't be used for the blooz it's pretentious.

On further inspection, this new pedal looks like a combination of the Freeze (drone) and the Ring Thing (harmonies). Could be interesting. Could be a one-tricky pony. Only time will tell.

Archived