Supernatural Ambient Reverb

BHz_econo

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you got it! the way the alter ego sold...i woulndt doubt it

my thoughts too when i watched the video. packin some in his neck. mo' money mo' foodz i guess
:idk:
still got the chops tho

Yeah, he does that Jeff Beck technique pretty well.

• Members

Hmmmmm....

Pedal sounds great but I have a very serious problem with marketing the made in the U.S.A. aspect of a pedal in a video which violates one of the core concepts of the American music (and film) industry, intellectual property (copyright). No way they cleared the usage of all those video clips and songs. Fair use rules do not qualify for advertisements last I checked...

• Members

Hmmmmm....

Pedal sounds great but I have a very serious problem with marketing the made in the U.S.A. aspect of a pedal in a video which violates one of the core concepts of the American music (and film) industry, intellectual property (copyright). No way they cleared the usage of all those video clips and songs. Fair use rules do not qualify for advertisements last I checked...

I won't disagree about the marketing aspect of your objection. But American music and film was built on borrowing from others without license.

• Members

Hmmmmm....

No way they cleared the usage of all those video clips and songs. Fair use rules do not qualify for advertisements last I checked...

And you know this for sure? Still pretty clever.

And, I have one waiting for me at home right now. Damn work...

• Members

And you know this for sure? Still pretty clever.

And, I have one waiting for me at home right now. Damn work...

Its an intriguing video, but I stand by my stance. I don't know for sure, but I'd bet they cleared absolutely none of it. That's why you don't see movie clips used to promote products unless its a cross promo (toys, pre-release placement like Spiderman cups at 7/11, etc). No way a small company like PGS could afford it. If the vid was made by someone other than the exclusive retailer of the pedal, one might be able argue fair usage rights. But that vid is a straight up advertisement IMHO.

• Members

There is a huge difference between borrowing ideas/concepts (in other words taking inspiration) to create something new (actually covered under fair act usage) versus directly using the audio/video clips to sell a product.

As I said before, I'm not objecting to your objection of their use of these images for marketing purposes. But when you say that violating copyright betrays one of the core concepts of American film and music, that's just silly, given how much copyright violations (not just borrowing ideas and concepts, but actually sampling, covering, adapting, repurposing music, stories, and footage without license or permission) played a role in the development of American film and music.

• Members

There is a huge difference between borrowing ideas/concepts (in other words taking inspiration) to create something new (actually covered under fair act usage) versus directly using the audio/video clips to sell a product.

Its an intriguing video, but I stand by my stance. I don't know for sure, but I'd bet they cleared absolutely none of it. That's why you don't see movie clips used to promote products unless its a cross promo (toys, pre-release placement like Spiderman cups at 7/11, etc). No way a small company like PGS could afford it. If the vid was made by someone other than the exclusive retailer of the pedal, one might be able argue fair usage rights. But that vid is a straight up advertisement IMHO.

really? i dont mean to be inflammatory or whatever but its an internet clip about a new reverb pedal. i mean, does it bug you that much?

Archived