Supernatural Ambient Reverb

BHz_econo

• Members

Well I made an executive decision. Sold flint. Gonna try out this pedal and see if I like the spring and plate. I'm a little bummed there's no regular hall but we'll see how it is. If it sucks back to flint I guess.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

Well I made an executive decision. Sold flint. Gonna try out this pedal and see if I like the spring and plate. I'm a little bummed there's no regular hall but we'll see how it is. If it sucks back to flint I guess.

I would think both would be quite the combo. I have a M5 too. I'm going to directly compare both and see what I think. So far, the spring on the Hardwire is much much better, no surprise here. I'll end up using the M5 mostly for modulations, but now I'm starting to rethink that plan, as I generally prefer analog modulation over digital. But some modes sound good.

• Members

Yeah, I'm super picky with reverb pedals, though. I am going to miss the harmonic trem so much frown.gif Considering asking Cono to make me an outboard spring tank with built in harmonic trem at some point in the future.

• Members

Played around with the Supernatural (SN) tonight some more. For me, very favorable impressions so far:

Plate (standard). I love this type of reverb, and to my ears, this one is one of the best I've heard. Really, really good. Lush, natural, etc.

Plate/mod: interesting effect here. Still sounds like plate, but the modulation adds some bottom end warble that is cool. Doesn't really sound like chorus, but you can tell it has something else, and with the mix past noon, the bottom end can get really deep and wholly.

Shimmer: I like the effect, the octave thing is very cool, sounds like you have a Pog on or something. And when I added my Pog2 to it, damn, the house shook, in a good way. With the mix rolled back quite a bit, it is still a fairly practical, sort of subtle reverb. But with the mix nearing noon or more, ambient city.

Supernova - octave and flange - similar to shimmer, but you do hear more of the flange modulation to it, but it's not overpowering. Cool effect, best used for what it is, a significant ambient effect that will take over your tone if you want it to.

Shine: Supposed to add lush chorus, but I'd actually like to have heard more chorus effect in it. I'll have to play around with this mode more though, to be fair.

Pherb, very cool effect if you like phasing with reverb, and the phasing is fairly prevalent. I don't think you can change the speed of the flange, wish you could. But it's a pretty nice effect really, and with the mix lower, you can use this mode with dirt to make things more interesting.

Spring: Yeah, one of the best, if not the best spring modes I've heard. Just sounds real, and lively. Worth the price of admission, especially with the excellent plate mode too.

With a brighter amp and a tele, I do find I keep the Liveliness knob fairly low, otherwise it can be pretty bright and overpowering. With a dark amp, this is nice to have though. I also find the mix knob to be best below noon if you want to use dirt with it, and maybe even really low, like 9 oclock. But for anything else turn up the mix to noon or more, and the ambient tones become very apparent. I can't wait to play around with it more this weekend.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by larry50

View Post

I wonder if the plate and spring modes are the same Lexicon verbs on the standard Hardwire RV-7?

No, they're all new. According to PGS, the spring mode is the most complex reverb modulation that Lexicon has made.

Beat'd.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by iodine74

View Post

Find it ironic they teased with one of the crazier modes, yet we got 7 and a half minutes of spring reverb for the first video.

Maybe to illustrate it isn't just a 1 dimensional type of pedal, that it can do traditional reverb sounds too, which it can. From what I've heard, the spring setting was a pretty labor intensive algorithm.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Maybe to illustrate it isn't just a 1 dimensional type of pedal, that it can do traditional reverb sounds too, which it can. From what I've heard, the spring setting was a pretty labor intensive algorithm.

Yeah, don't getta-me-wrongo I liked the sound of the spring... just wish if they were going to spend the time on such a long vid we could have gotten more of the other modes.

I gots birthday money to spend and decisions to make wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by iodine74

View Post

Yeah, don't getta-me-wrongo I liked the sound of the spring... just wish if they were going to spend the time on such a long vid we could have gotten more of the other modes.

I gots birthday money to spend and decisions to make wink.gif

They're making a different video for each mode. So far we have spring and pherb videos.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

No, they're all new. According to PGS, the spring mode is the most complex reverb modulation that Lexicon has made.

Beat'd.

true but if you dont like the sound... the Hardwire RV 7 was also loaded with "lexicon algorithms" and was not so great imo

anyway, thanks for the infos and report Ian! wave.gif

P.S.: i am not a hater, but kind of done with reverbs in pedals... but also curious about it - i am still a gearhead smile.gif

• Members

have been dreaming about getting a WET for a long time. seemed always out of my price range, until i went on a pedal rampage and the older used mono wet prices went down due to all the newer versions. finally got one about a month ago and i quite love it. its very nice and tasty, and wet, but not a spring reverb obviously. but hell, i've got my amp's spring verb for that wink.gif but i think ive ended my search for a reverb...that is until hardwire announced this baby mad.gif will have to check out the supernatural at some point for sure

• Members

same here - always out of my range... but your opinon about the wet sounds good. i still using my EQD Ghost Echo for instant reverb without massiv tweaking. in the end i need one reverb pedal for that job - i am still ampless and i bet my next amp is without reverb frown.gif

Archived