Supernatural Ambient Reverb

BHz_econo

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by stratedge09

View Post

After reading IRG's review, I'm pretty happy I didn't give into the GAS. Sounds like a great pedal, but I'll stick to the Trinity.

Well, call me a liar. The other guitarist in my band needed a new reverb, so I sold him the Trinity at full price and bought one of these for $30 pretty much. The PGS plate setting video sold me on it.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK one super annoying thing I have discovered. When you turn the reverb selector knob there is a slight muting delay between switching settings. No big deal right? Well if you have the Tails switched to on and you turn the selector knob while in BYPASS, IT DOES IT THEN TOO. Not huge but don't expect to do much knob tweaking live unless you aren't playing.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BHz_econo

View Post

OK one super annoying thing I have discovered. When you turn the reverb selector knob there is a slight muting delay between switching settings. No big deal right? Well if you have the Tails switched to on and you turn the selector knob while in BYPASS, IT DOES IT THEN TOO. Not huge but don't expect to do much knob tweaking live unless you aren't playing.

How slight we talking?

• Members

View Post

Well if you have the Tails switched to on and you turn the selector knob while in BYPASS, IT DOES IT THEN TOO.

Whoa, I didn't notice that. Does it still happen with tails off?

The delay from switching settings while it's on is pretty annoying, though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HP Hovercraft

View Post

Whoa, I didn't notice that. Does it still happen with tails off?

The delay while it's on is pretty annoying, though.

Yeah, it happens with trails off but only with the pedal engaged. It's only a .5 sec delay or something, but yeah, it's a little quirk that's a bit annoying.

and mine came in a bag

• Members

Yep, slight delay when changing modes. Not sure this is something you would change though mid song, is it? Seems odd, but maybe someone does.

Mine powers on fine Spoon, using a 1Spot too. Only seems to draw 70mA which I thought was fairly low for a digital reverb.

• Members

View Post

All of the Hardwire pedals do this. It isn't unique to the Supernatural. You will find this in the original RV-7 as well.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Yep, slight delay when changing modes. Not sure this is something you would change though mid song, is it? Seems odd, but maybe someone does.

Yeah I would when I have to do some ambient swells at the beginning of a song. It's not a deal breaker or anything, just something to be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by ProGuitarShop

View Post

All of the Hardwire pedals do this. It isn't unique to the Supernatural. You will find this in the original RV-7 as well.

Bags are no no bro.

• Members

I got 'loped, too. Pedal is fine though and sounds nice. I'm finding the decay knob on the spring seems to change "spring size" rather than the actual decay. At least it seems more like a short tank on lower settings and more like a long one on higher settings. So far spring and plate are my favorites. Oddly I like pherb quite a bit when it's mixed down low.

My least fav is shimmer, but that's no surprise to me since I don't really like shimmer that much. However, i think I might be able to use it for some weird dissonant stuff so it might prove cooler than I thought.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle

View Post

Mine sometimes does this thing when I power it up, where the LED flickers dimly. No problems with it turning on when I stomp on it though.

i think i figured out the problem. it seems that the "plunger" (or whatever you want to call the small post that reaches down to the on/off switch directly below the footswitch) is missing a part on the end of it or something, as it does not reach far enough. I can reach into the pedal and turn it on and off with my finger.

(Sounds pretttty, pretttty ,pretttty good, btw.)

• Members

echoD said the flint was {censored} compared to this, but then again hes a sponsored spokesperson so no longer objective.

both seem excessive, get a WET andeh idea.gif {censored} i can just drop off my entire board with you next time im driving through to hamilton for a taste test

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

echoD said the flint was {censored} compared to this, but then again hes a sponsored spokesperson so no longer objective.

both seem excessive, get a WET andeh idea.gif {censored} i can just drop off my entire board with you next time im driving through to hamilton for a taste test

I wouldn't say it's {censored}, just different.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by spoonie g

View Post

i think i figured out the problem. it seems that the "plunger" (or whatever you want to call the small post that reaches down to the on/off switch directly below the footswitch) is missing a part on the end of it or something, as it does not reach far enough. I can reach into the pedal and turn it on and off with my finger.

I'm not sure if it was you or not, but someone in the TGP thread has the same problem. He's getting a new one overnighted on Monday.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by spoonie g

View Post

The HardWire pedals use a little rubber pad that engages the switch. It is supposed to be glued to the end of the metal flange under the main switch housing. If yours doesn't engage it may be missing that pad, occasionally the people on the line miss putting it on a main switch housing. PM me your address and we can overnight you a new main switch housing on Monday.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep

View Post

The HardWire pedals use a little rubber pad that engages the switch. It is supposed to be glued to the end of the metal flange under the main switch housing. If yours doesn't engage it may be missing that pad, occasionally the people on the line miss putting it on a main switch housing. PM me your address and we can overnight you a new main switch housing on Monday.

That'd be it! Thanks! (*pm'ing)

Archived