July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members
At this point...I believe you'd be hard pressed to find the Ampeg at any Sam Ash.

I put one on layaway Thursday night at a Sam Ash about an hour away. I made a phone call yesterday to mention that I'd be in Monday to pick it up and the guy I dealt with said they've been getting 10-15 calls per day since this deal broke...which leads me to believe people have been calling every SA trying to find one to order by phone...

Unlike the 299 Jags...these don't appear to be good options to flip...but they're a great deal if you plan on keeping it...and I could use a combo with trem...

The rumor is that you can get GC to match the price in-store if you're persistent. And another forumite mentioned that if you continue to pester Same Day Music...they'll match it. I find that hard to believe considering how low this amp was priced on blowout in comparison to its original price...smaller retailers would definitely be taking a loss...and I assume SA was taking a loss as well but had limited stock...

I gave up on getting one anywhere for $299. We don't have Sam Ash where I live anyway. I just ordered one from warpdrive on eBay for $469 minus the 8% Bing cashback...~$433. Not a steal, but where else am I gonna pick up a handwired amp for that kind of money, new? :idk:

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The fender 62 reissue jazzmaster's are still 999 at MF, but they are on backorder. That's almost half off!

I couldn't pass that up.....

Is that a call in order only? That's an awesome deal (I don't mind waiting).

I wish I had seen the Princeton deal when it was going on. I wonder if Musicians Friend would still sell it at that price?

• Members

I think either congratulations or condolences are in order Frankie Pajamas.

haha....yeah either would work......at least i wasn't here the week before also (cause I def wouldve bought a jag.......)u guys rock......ill find a way to contribute sometime hopefully.....

• Members
The fender 62 reissue jazzmaster's are still 999 at MF, but they are on backorder. That's almost half off!

I couldn't pass that up.....

Be sure to check for gaps around the neck pocket. There's one big enough to slide a credit card on mine. I tried the ol' neck "whack" thing but it didn't help. I'm going to have to exchange mine.

• Members

Just received shipping confirmation on my Tele from yesterday.. Finally!!!

That's cool.

Mine was also ship confirmed. Hope it gets here in one pc. This is the first time I have ever bought a guitar without playing it first let alone having it shipped. Should be interesting.

• Members

Be sure to check for gaps around the neck pocket. There's one big enough to slide a credit card on mine. I tried the ol' neck "whack" thing but it didn't help. I'm going to have to exchange mine.

Thanks for the heads up. Mine's on back order...supposedly straight from the factory. If I paid 1950 bucks for it, that would pee me off.

• Members

That's cool.

Mine was also ship confirmed. Hope it gets here in one pc. This is the first time I have ever bought a guitar without playing it first let alone having it shipped. Should be interesting.

You should be fine. I've had some of the packaging banged up in transit, but all items have come intact from MF (they are pretty good).. Same here, I've tried out the MIM and MIA Teles down at the local guitar center, but not this particular model. Actually, it really doesn't matter too much as MF has a 45 day 'no questions asked' return policy..

• Members

You should be fine. I've had some of the packaging banged up in transit, but all items have come intact from MF (they are pretty good).. Same here, I've tried out the MIM and MIA Teles down at the local guitar center, but not this particular model. Actually, it really doesn't matter too much as MF has a 45 day 'no questions asked' return policy..

Is the policy the same with this deal though?

• Members

Most definitely! I've never known MF to exclude anything. Never... I think this return policy is good on everything because MF has such a huge inventory that it would be too confusing for the CSRs to make an exception here and there. Just my opinion.

• Members

At this point...I believe you'd be hard pressed to find the Ampeg at any Sam Ash.

I put one on layaway Thursday night at a Sam Ash about an hour away. I made a phone call yesterday to mention that I'd be in Monday to pick it up and the guy I dealt with said they've been getting 10-15 calls per day since this deal broke...which leads me to believe people have been calling every SA trying to find one to order by phone...

Unlike the 299 Jags...these don't appear to be good options to flip...but they're a great deal if you plan on keeping it...and I could use a combo with trem...

The rumor is that you can get GC to match the price in-store if you're persistent. And another forumite mentioned that if you continue to pester Same Day Music...they'll match it. I find that hard to believe considering how low this amp was priced on blowout in comparison to its original price...smaller retailers would definitely be taking a loss...and I assume SA was taking a loss as well but had limited stock...

AMS is NOT price matching either in case anyone is interested:

To:

Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2009 5:59:15 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Subject: PriceMatch Denied

Thank you for shopping at American Musical Supply, and thanks for helping us keep our promise of delivering outstanding customer service and everyday low prices!

We are sorry, but your price match request for Item AMG J20 has been denied for the following reason(s):

Below our cost price, unable to match.

You can still purchase AMG J20 at the American Musical Supply low web price.

• Members

AMS' price matching has been suspect to me...They offered me a Road Worn strat/tele for 854 and refused to budge from that even when showing them a reduced price of 811 from Same Day Music...

Willing to miss out on a sale over $40? Relatively odd considering I doubt Same Day gets a bigger break on cost per unit from Fender...pretty sure AMS could've taken that hit just as easily...

• Members

You should probably burn some incense in homage to the voodoo gods over your $299 tele.

Just kidding. Stop worrying! You ordered the tele - it is too late to do ANYTHING about it! MF always has a no questions asked return policy. Of course, it helps get you free return shipping if you're "disappointed in the quality" of the item. Stop worrying, you'll be fine. You might have to return the item (did you know UPS even will pick up packages at your residence) but big deal. Seriously - to buy ANYTHING at a store any more with the way states are killing people with sales tax and how most of what you get at GC has been played by a bunch of 13-year old future Samsonite Baggage handlers - is pointless. It is always - always easier to buy something at MF, have it delivered to your home, try it for 35 days, and then return it courtesy of UPS - than it is to buy it in a store.

Unless you can't do your own set-ups. Then you should buy it in a store.

• Members

Seriously - to buy ANYTHING at a store any more with the way states are killing people with sales tax and how most of what you get at GC has been played by a bunch of 13-year old future Samsonite Baggage handlers - is pointless.

Amen! You would be hard-pressed to find anything new at GC that would be equivalent to what MF considered NEW. Everything new at GC is considered Scratch and Dent or Used at MF.

• Members
Thanks for the heads up. Mine's on back order...supposedly straight from the factory. If I paid 1950 bucks for it, that would pee me off.

I'm about 95% certain I'll send mine back for a replacement in one to two months. :freak: I even removed the pickguard and tried to realign that but it's how the neck plate screw holes were drilled that is causing the problem. :facepalm:

Still though, get one without that issue (or any others for that matter) and it's a beautiful guitar for a grand. Much nicer than the MIJ Jag at regular price but at $300 for the MIJ ... well, you know.

• Members

AMS' price matching has been suspect to me...

My experience has been the opposite with AMS. Most recently, they just did a price match for me on an ART VLA Pro II for about 60 bucks less than the normal going rate. I found an online dealer that had it at the lower price and they matched it without any questions, so I think they will do a price match when they can.

-mr. moon

• Members
You should probably burn some incense in homage to the voodoo gods over your $299 tele.

Just kidding. Stop worrying! You ordered the tele - it is too late to do ANYTHING about it! MF always has a no questions asked return policy. Of course, it helps get you free return shipping if you're "disappointed in the quality" of the item. Stop worrying, you'll be fine. You might have to return the item (did you know UPS even will pick up packages at your residence) but big deal. Seriously - to buy ANYTHING at a store any more with the way states are killing people with sales tax and how most of what you get at GC has been played by a bunch of 13-year old future Samsonite Baggage handlers - is pointless. It is always - always easier to buy something at MF, have it delivered to your home, try it for 35 days, and then return it courtesy of UPS - than it is to buy it in a store.

Unless you can't do your own set-ups. Then you should buy it in a store.

Which is why you move to Oregon... With no sales tax. :wave:

Second highest minimum wage too... 8.50ish :wave:

• Members

Visited another Guitar Center today, just because I happened to be driving by. Their list was less impressive than the list at the GC I visited a couple of days ago. They DID have the Daisy Rock guitar for $140 (but on the wall, not new in box--still a steal and I don't know why no one has picked up on it...).

That said, they did have a $900 Jackson Dinky, made in Japan, Floyd Rose, for $300. It wasn't on the list, or even with a closeout/sale tag, so the 15% off coupon would have worked for it. I have this exact guitar, and I love playing it: Great action, great neck. I don't love the stock Duncan pickups (too metal for me), but I am sure others would opine differently.

Unfortunately, not only do I have this guitar, but even in the same color, so I couldn't justify buying it...

• Members

Guitar Center has amazing deals on the Blackstar pedals. All of them are $99. But it appears to be in-store only. Also, the Peavey Vypyrs are all marked down. I asked if my 15% off coupon would work for a marked down Vypyr 75, they said yes, then spent 50 minutes trying to find one and get the sale processed before they told me they had made a mistake. :facepalm:

Archived