July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members

What finish did you go with?

Contemplating it. July 25th is the cut off date, correct?

FYI: Rickenbacker is like Gibson. They DON'T like to see excessive discounting, even covertly. If they get enough complaints like Gibson did with the white MMs they will call MF.

Keep that in mind as you wait to pull the trigger. Remember, you snooze, you lose.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The fender friday deal. Let's break it down...

---amp

---jaguar

-----tele

this week ----------- It has to be A strat or bass guitar

I thought the first Friday deal was the Jag... What amp was offered? I never saw anything in the great deals nospamthread about a Fender amp.

• Members

---amp

---jaguar

-----tele

Or a Fender T-shirt. Or Fender shoes. Or a Fender watch.

Or a Fender gig bag.

Or a Fender Colostomy bag.

There are many possibilities, all amazing...

Wait, scratch the colostomy bag. This isn't GoingToday...Sorry to get your hopes up.

• Members

Or a Fender T-shirt. Or Fender shoes. Or a Fender watch.

Or a Fender gig bag.

Or a Fender Colostomy bag.

There are many possibilities, all amazing...

Wait, scratch the colostomy bag. This isn't GoingToday...Sorry to get your hopes up.

Iv'e always wanted fender shoes

• Members

---amp

---jaguar

-----tele

I'll start with the guessing..

I would say it will be a Strat (IMHO).. More specifically, seeing that the Jag and Tele sold for about 800, I would go a step further and say it may even be this one:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Highway-One-Stratocaster?sku=512768#new
474900.jpg

OR maybe

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Highway-One-HSS-Stratocaster?sku=512870
427461.jpg
say for $299.99..

• Members

it was there in the June thread. i think it was the super champ xd amp for 199

I tried to call in to order that $199 Champ XD that day, but the sales guy said a flat "no". He was not impolite or anything, he just said it like it wasn't the Call-In deal of that Friday.

Is there some special way to ask? I mean when he said "no" and offered me other deals (he did offer me the XD for $299, MF's regular price) I thought that it really wasn't the deal of the day and didn't buy anything. He was polite and everything, no complaints at all there, but I hate that I missed out on that $199 XD if the polite salesman was mistaken or I didn't ask in the correct double super secret way.

• Members

I tried to call in to order that $199 Champ XD that day, but the sales guy said a flat "no". He was not impolite or anything, he just said it like it wasn't the Call-In deal of that Friday.

Is there some special way to ask? I mean when he said "no" and offered me other deals (he did offer me the XD for $299, MF's regular price) I thought that it really wasn't the deal of the day and didn't buy anything. He was polite and everything, no complaints at all there, but I hate that I missed out on that $199 XD if the polite salesman was mistaken or I didn't ask in the correct double super secret way.

ask "what are the fender friday call in deals today?"

Every time they take a few seconds and then bring up a list of items. Ask them to list them off. Some might try and say there is only 1 Fender Friday deal. But there is a list of other deals on Fender friday that are not quite as good as the "main deal".

• Members

Call back and get a different customer rep or ask to speak with a supervisor, all the while being as polite as you can. They can hang up on you.

It takes a while to get the supervisor on the phone but sometimes worth the wait.

• Members

I'd hump a highway one strat for $300 -- no question. strat is one of the only gaping obvious things missing in my gear puzzle.

so what's the actual difference between highway one and american standard?

btw I'd do some dark, disturbing stuff, sexually, to that blonde colored strat.

• Members

Thanks guys.

I asked something like "I've heard that you have a "Fender Friday" call-in special. I was wondering what it is today." I forget what not very special at all deal he replied with, but I told him that rumor has it that it is the Champ XD. That's when he offered it to me for the regular price. I told him that I had heard that the deal that day was that amp for $199, but he replied like what I heard was incorrect. I really had no support and there weren't any posts in HCEG with a celebration announcement that they had scored one of the $199 XDs, so I thought that the rumor wasn't true and didn't persist.

It would be cool if there was some way to correct a sales associate using some valid source if they are mistaken about a call-in special.

Oh well. It's MF, so it's no big surprise a sales rep screwed up. I resent that I don't have a $199 XD because of it, but there's not much I can do about it now. They've just grown too big to manage effectively. I wonder what the average length of employment is at MF. Less than a year?

• Members

Thanks guys.

I asked something like "I've heard that you have a "Fender Friday" call-in special. I was wondering what it is today." I forget what not very special at all deal he replied with, but I told him that rumor has it that it is the Champ XD. That's when he offered it to me for the regular price. I told him that I had heard that the deal that day was that amp for $199, but he replied like what I heard was incorrect. I really had no support and there weren't any posts in HCEG with a celebration announcement that they had scored one of the $199 XDs, so I thought that the rumor wasn't true and didn't persist.

It would be cool if there was some way to correct a sales associate using some valid source if they are mistaken about a call-in special.

Oh well. It's MF, so it's no big surprise a sales rep screwed up. I resent that I don't have a $199 XD because of it, but there's not much I can do about it now. They've just grown too big to manage effectively. I wonder what the average length of employment is at MF. Less than a year?

when I talked to a young lady at MF trying to get the gibson melody maker for $250 special, she said the only thing was 15% off or get a free melody maker with a purchase of another expensive gibson or whatever it was.

I knew people were getting them for $250, so I just kept asking about it and I kept being polite about it and eventually she found it. she made it sound like their computer system for keeping track of these is a jungle of disorganization.

• Members

Thanks guys.

seeing MF, I'd say less than a month.

• Members

when I talked to a young lady at MF trying to get the gibson melody maker for $250 special, she said the only thing was 15% off or get a free melody maker with a purchase of another expensive gibson or whatever it was.

I knew people were getting them for $250, so I just kept asking about it and I kept being polite about it and eventually she found it. she made it sound like their computer system for keeping track of these is a jungle of disorganization.

Same deal for me and the $299 Jag. The woman (who was nice) said "oh that's $599." I mentioned that people were getting it for $299. She said she didn't see that. But when I insisted she put me on hold, and when she came back on, she'd found religion...

• Members

So getting a MIM Jaguar for $299 is still doable if I call mf and ask that they look up the Friday deal?

You could try your luck calling several times to see if you can get lucky, and find a CSR that will roll over. But how much patience do you have? I believe the answer is "No".

- w

• Members

You could try your luck calling several times to see if you can get lucky, and find a CSR that will roll over. But how much patience do you have? I believe the answer is "No".

- w

You never know with MF. If you were insistent that you placed an order on the day of the one day sale and spent enough time trying to convince them, they may give it to you.. but it will be a hard case to make.. I'd be curious to see if one of my fellow MCEG forumites could pull it off..

Archived