July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know...It's like watching those freshly hatched sea turtles getting picked off on their way to the ocean. Sure it's natures way but you still feel a little sad about it all.

Totally different type of sad here. One is just shoppers wrecking good steak with steak sauce, the other is life & death man. A whole different aspect...

• Members

I was using the $200 as a price of the neck being brand new. Once my Tele comes in I will hold it strum a chord, play a lick or 2 and probably right there and then unbolt the neck and pack it away to either sell it or keep it for when I re-sell the ax 2 years from now with the brand new original Fender neck.

I would guesstimate that $150 would be a conservative amount. But $200 like Fusion1 mentioned is not a stretch, especially if you include the tuners. Factor in if you sell it in minty condition....Hell it might fetch more!

• Members
Totally different type of sad here. One is just shoppers wrecking good steak with steak sauce, the other is life & death man. A whole different aspect...

Hmmmm.....thinking....thinking....contemplating....thinking.....weighting it...taking it all in.........:)

• Members

I was using the $200 as a price of the neck being brand new. Once my Tele comes in I will hold it strum a chord, play a lick or 2 and probably right there and then unbolt the neck and pack it away to either sell it or keep it for when I re-sell the ax 2 years from now with the brand new original Fender neck.

Cool. Ya, I don't see how anyone would not be able to at least get their money back on this deal down the road.

• Members
Burningleaves, you mean you haven't bought one yet??? Do it, you'll feel better, trust me.

Oh that...I was just joking around about analogies.

:cop: I snagged one right before I started all this parting out talk. It took me a second though....I was like..."wait a min' I should get one then talk about dif' aspects of why everyone should get one....That way I don't miss out."

• Members
Weird, the pics of the Blackout tele in post #55 from Elderly's website looks like the hardware is black chrome, but the pics on MF site it looks like plain boring chrome. Anyone know for sure which it is?

Is this a serious question?:)

• Members

Is this a serious question?
:)

yes it was as the Eldery site doesn't look like plain chrome, more like cosmo black seen on Ibanez hardware. maybe it's the lighting and angle of the camera taking the photo but it does really look like a smoked chrome which wouldbe cool as that would seem more like an idea that falls into line of what "blackout" should mean.

• Members
Doggone it- I just bought a MIM Tele this week, and I told myself that I was not at all interested in this from the description and then...

I looked at it...

534412.jpg

:love:

I ordered one...

:facepalm:

I actually told a guy working at Guitar Center last night that it was a crying shame (for them) that MF was eating their lunch with all these deals.

You are a man of Iron, Drawdeep. I did the exact same thing... through a trade I have a nice MIM upgrade tele, black mind you, sitting in my office that arrived this week. Yet I drank the black coolaid and gave them my credit card info... Perhaps we need a support group. Perhaps we shouldn't be in it together. :D

--------------
On another note, I remember well the Great Deals thread smack-down of 2008. Conversations were mega large about many things and CRACKATOOOOWA a kind op saved us and back on track we were. I wonder if these things run in cycles?

• Members

I don't know how anyone is seeing that as black chrome.

Chrome photographs very differently under different types of lighting, but that certainly looks like normal chrome to me.

you're probably right that it is regular chrome as it is listed as just chrome. Those pics I posted it does look darker than regular chrome but probably the photo making it appear darker. That said I would prefer it if they had black chrome hardware I could upgrade too for that darker smoked chrome look. I have never seen a tele control plate or tele bridge in smoked chrome even though I have looked for years for them.

• Members

That black look is very tempting but can't see this playing better than the pine body Classic Vibe Tele so resistance is strong!

Still puking over missing Last Friday's Jag...

:cop:That Jag deal was nice. I also missed out on it but this new deal works out better for me in the long run. I have been mapping out a Parts O' Tele Build a bit and this $299 Blackout is just what the doctor ordered.

• Members

Samash has a special call-in and say "Hotline Sale".

I called on a ESP LTD MW600 and they quoted me $509.99 shipped to my door. That's not bad for an original Floyd Rose and Sperzel Tuner guitar. Retail is $1599.99.

I just don't care for the graphics.

• Members

As to the chrome question on today's MF tele deal - Sweetwater has some additional photos -

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/all/sMZ9439604/

- it looks pretty dark (much different than the stock photos on Fender's site), but that could just be reflections from the backdrop they used.

Here's perhaps the clearest photo from Sweetwater -

MZ9439604-serial-l.jpg

• Members

If anyone was wondering about this episode of GC's "the list sale" I went there this morning and it was terrible (not that I shouldve expected otherwise). Usually they have a sick deal on one item but nothing this time... unless you were looking for a classical guitar. They had a couple rodriguez's that MSRP'd for almost 3k for $600ish.

• Members

If anyone was wondering about this episode of GC's "the list sale" I went there this morning and it was terrible (not that I shouldve expected otherwise). Usually they have a sick deal on one item but nothing this time... unless you were looking for a classical guitar. They had a couple rodriguez's that MSRP'd for almost 3k for $600ish.

No surprise, but any chance there were any fade Gibby deals? I'm just waiting for a SG to come in ~ $450-550 to pounce on.

• Members

No surprise, but any chance there were any fade Gibby deals? I'm just waiting for a SG to come in ~ $450-550 to pounce on.

Close - $579.00 at the Joliet, IL store.

Bigger list than Memorial Day, but nothing extraordinary; figure about 10-15% off the regular price.

• Members

As to the chrome question on today's MF tele deal - Sweetwater has some additional photos -

- it looks pretty dark (much different than the stock photos on Fender's site), but that could just be reflections from the backdrop they used.

Does look dark, just like a different pictured guitar on the Elderly.com website. Keeping my fingers crossed the hardware is a dark Chrome instead of the shiny chrome.

I am guessing people that bought this expecting it to be chrome might be put off by this darker chrome, but I would be willing to buy that dark chrome hardware for cheap so they could buy their preferred regular chrome hardware. It would be a win/win for me.

Archived