July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
So getting a MIM Jaguar for $299 is still doable if I call mf and ask that they look up the Friday deal?

It's an MIJ Jag HH Special and I'm getting ready to return one to MF so there will be a blem in their computer in about a week. The blem is only cosmetic so if you see one and it's mine it's OK save for the finish glitch.

• Members

MF would be foolish to honor one of thoe Fender Friday deals after the fact.

That {censored} would be posted here so fast, they'd be swamped with everyone demanding back deals on everything within 5 minutes.

• Members

Speculating on deals is most likely frowned upon by the rules of this thread.

That said, I doubt well see a strat, seems like they are trying to move their oddball fender guitars, the ones that don't sell as well, and strats aren't oddball. We'll see soon though, hope you guys are right.

• Members
Speculating on deals is most likely frowned upon by the rules of this thread.

That said, I doubt well see a strat, seems like they are trying to move their oddball fender guitars, the ones that don't sell as well, and strats aren't oddball. We'll see soon though, hope you guys are right.

Good point! We should stay focused on the actual deals that are available.. Let's get back on track (even the best of us deviate at times).. :cop:

• Members

Every fender friday deal has been something that was getting a price drop or going on sale anyways. The super champ was 399 and is now 299, the jag is now on sale for 499 and the blackout tele I am assuming will shortly be on sale.

• Members
Every fender friday deal has been something that was getting a price drop or going on sale anyways. The super champ was 399 and is now 299, the jag is now on sale for 499 and the blackout tele I am assuming will shortly be on sale.

the Jag is now $499?

:lol:

How many people still think it was a steal?

• Members
the Jag is now $499?

:lol:

How many people still think it was a steal?

Yes, it was a steal. The Jag, if it is on sale for $499, it's on sale at that price as an unpublished clearance. On the website it's still $899. That's Fender's MAP street price. Even if it's available (still) for $500 somewhere, that's a blowout price. $300 is $200 (40%) less than that blowout price.

For a MIJ Fender guitar.

Yeah, I still think it was a steal.

• Members

Jag still listed at $889 on the MF website... Blackout Tele is still $599.... SCXD w/footswitch is $325....

• Members

Yup no problem,And MF Has them listed "Still" for 889.99

"IF" they get anymore..It was a Steal:)

They're supposed to arrive today at MF.

The cynic in me says that they'll wind up pushing that date back another couple of weeks.

Seems like that's a stunningly fast turnaround to get more stock made and shipped from Japan, unless they already happened to have an order in place before the sale.

• Members
All the pawnshops around here charge too much for there {censored}
:D

Same here. Yesterday I saw a Fender Squier in the local pawn shop for $399 that was quite dinged up. They even had Atari 2600 games for $19.99 each.

• Members

They're supposed to arrive today at MF.

The cynic in me says that they'll wind up pushing that date back another couple of weeks.

Seems like that's a stunningly fast turnaround to get more stock made and shipped from Japan, unless they already happened to have an order in place before the sale.

Yeah now the website says they are available in 2-4 weeks. I have yet to receive an email confirming shipment. I want to call to see if they got some in.

Archived