July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members

^^^

UPDATE: I just called MF to check on my order for the Melody Maker (which is fine - in transit), and my CSR said that they still had MM's in stock but that "Gibson is not letting us discount their products anymore..." I don't know what the impact will be going forward, or when and if the deep discounts will return on the Gibson products - I don't think the rep knew either. But I thought I would pass along what the CSR told me at 5:15 CT today (07/03/2009).

- w

Interesting. They seem to be doing the exact opposite of Fender. To bad... I was hoping it would catch on and we would have a Gibson Wednesday or something.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^

UPDATE: I just called MF to check on my order for the Melody Maker (which is fine - in transit), and my CSR said that they still had MM's in stock but that "Gibson is not letting us discount their products anymore..." I don't know what the impact will be going forward, or when and if the deep discounts will return on the Gibson products - I don't think the rep knew either. But I thought I would pass along what the CSR told me at 5:15 CT today (07/03/2009).

- w

That is strange considering Gibson does not set dealer prices, only MAP. Selling at a discount on phone orders only does not violate MAP so MF should be able to sell for whatever they want. I'm guessing there were a lot of people trying to get other companies to price match and those companies bitched to Gibson. Gibson probably asked MF to stop and MF agreed to do so in the name of good vendor relations...

• Members

That is strange considering Gibson does not set dealer prices, only MAP. Selling at a discount on phone orders only does not violate MAP so MF should be able to sell for whatever they want. I'm guessing there were a lot of people trying to get other companies to price match and those companies bitched to Gibson. Gibson probably asked MF to stop and MF agreed to do so in the name of good vendor relations...

Well we can only guess. It is possible too that the decision came from MF, and the CS people were told to tell customers that the word came from Gibson. I'm not caling anyone at MF untruthful. I have no relationships with the management there, and certainly have no axe to grind. But from a business consideration - June was probably the end of a business quarter. They may have made the revenue or earnings they projected for 2nd Qtr 2009 and decided to end the promotion. If there was pressure from other retails, that may have contributed too. Usually these decisions have multiple reasons behind them.

One thing is sure. This thread IS the right place to watch for the really hot deals.

Thanks to all who contribute.

- w

• Members

Just got back from Guitar Center. The list this time was HUGE--probably 20 or more pages. But a lot of those were devoted to drum related stuff...

As for guitar related things, I got a new in box Daisy Rock red star guitar for $140. Quite a deal for a Schecter guitar with a girly name!

540652.jpg

I also got a Yamaha AW-1600 16 track digital recorder for $400...Probably not of interest to a lot of you, but a good deal nonetheless...

AW1600_450x345.jpg

Otherwise, I didn't see a lot of fantastic deals. $5 guitar stands, as usual.

• Members

I'd agree with this.

• Members

I wonder if this type of action will spill over to our fender deals..

Hope not...

and this info came from a manager at GC...

They actually as a corporation complain to MF (even though they are under the same umbrella, they are independent respective to deals) about those prices, because GC cannot match it and it is hurting business... BAD....

reason they cannot match it.... prices that MF are giving are below dealer or wholesale cost....

and this complain arose due to the TONS of request of price matching from people like you and me....

Oh WELL!!

We'll see what happens!

• Members

I wonder if this type of action will spill over to our fender deals..

If the Melody Maker deal was driven from the Gibson side - and this angle is making more sense - I don't think it will impact the Fender Fridays. The Fender Friday is a publicized program - the Melody Maker deal was not - it was a call in only. My sense is that Fender Fridays is a program that will continue for at least a number of weeks.

- W

• Members

BESTBUY.COM HAS A SALE ON SOME FENDER AND TAYLORS AND TAKAMINES THEY HAVE THE TAKAMINE EF341SC FOR 735.99 THE BILLY CORGAN IN WHITE FENDER STRAT FOR 949.99 THE FENDER AMERICAN DELUXE STRAT IN AMBER ROSEWOOD FRETBOARD FOR 1279.99 AND THE FENDER US STANDARD STRAT IN BLACK MAPLE FRETBOARD FOR 1019.99 TAYLOR SOLID BODY ELECTRIC IN BLACK FOR 831.99.

HERE IS A LINK THEY ALSO HAVE SOME PICKUPS AND OTHER STUFF ON SALE BUT HERE ARE THE GUITARS
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17080&type=page&initialize=false&sp=&nrp=15&iht=n&list=y&sc=audioSP&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1~~q70726f63657373696e6774696d653a3e313930302d30312d3031~~cabcat0200000%23%230%23%23p1~~cabcat0207000%23%230%23%23q~~f396%7C%7C4f6e2053616c65~~ncpcmcat151600050002%23%233%23%23j&usc=abcat0200000&ks=960&st=processingtime%3A%3E1900-01-01&prids=&cp=1&_requestid=9401

• Members

At this point...I believe you'd be hard pressed to find the Ampeg at any Sam Ash.

I put one on layaway Thursday night at a Sam Ash about an hour away. I made a phone call yesterday to mention that I'd be in Monday to pick it up and the guy I dealt with said they've been getting 10-15 calls per day since this deal broke...which leads me to believe people have been calling every SA trying to find one to order by phone...

Unlike the 299 Jags...these don't appear to be good options to flip...but they're a great deal if you plan on keeping it...and I could use a combo with trem...

The rumor is that you can get GC to match the price in-store if you're persistent. And another forumite mentioned that if you continue to pester Same Day Music...they'll match it. I find that hard to believe considering how low this amp was priced on blowout in comparison to its original price...smaller retailers would definitely be taking a loss...and I assume SA was taking a loss as well but had limited stock...

• Moderators

GC Marietta has an MIJ Ibanez S520WNF loaded with EMG 85s and actually including HSC for $199. It's in player condition cosmetically (plenty of dings, chips, scratches, some rust of a few screws), but no breaks or anything major. Hell of a guitar for that money, especially with the aftermarket pickups.

Listing ID on used.guitarcenter.com : 105354097

Marietta, GA phone number: 770-980-9222

• Members

You forgot to mention who is having this sale.

FIrst glance with the graphic, one would assume MF,M123 or WWandBW. It appears it isn't any of them.

Look at the link in the properites of the image. (right click) Appears to be "First Quality Music"

- w

Archived