July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You should probably burn some incense in homage to the voodoo gods over your $299 tele.

Just kidding. Stop worrying! You ordered the tele - it is too late to do ANYTHING about it! MF always has a no questions asked return policy. Of course, it helps get you free return shipping if you're "disappointed in the quality" of the item. Stop worrying, you'll be fine. You might have to return the item (did you know UPS even will pick up packages at your residence) but big deal. Seriously - to buy ANYTHING at a store any more with the way states are killing people with sales tax and how most of what you get at GC has been played by a bunch of 13-year old future Samsonite Baggage handlers - is pointless. It is always - always easier to buy something at MF, have it delivered to your home, try it for 35 days, and then return it courtesy of UPS - than it is to buy it in a store.

Unless you can't do your own set-ups. Then you should buy it in a store.

:lol: Oh I thanked the Tele' Gods :). Ya, I am sure it will arrive in one piece. No worries.

• Members
Most definitely! I've never known MF to exclude anything. Never... I think this return policy is good on everything because MF has such a huge inventory that it would be too confusing for the CSRs to make an exception here and there. Just my opinion.

Cool.:rawk:

• Members
Or you could move to NH, which has no sales tax and no state income tax.
:thu:

And you could freeze your ass off.. I taught for a semester at Southern New Hampshire University and it got soooo cold there.. I opted not to renew my contract..

• Members

GC blows so hard. I tried to get the faded SG for the price I saw on the list but the salesman kept trying to snorkledick me.

I have to say that I have NEVER had a problem getting GC to sell me anything on the list at the price on the list. And that includes stuff at ridiculously low prices where the salesperson gulped and said "I can't believe that..." and called a manager to make sure. Now, if you are asking them to include a case and they say there's no case? Yeah, I've seen that. You're asking for a discount because of shopwear or missing parts and they say the price on the list is as low as they can go? Yup, seen that, too. Sometimes they can't find stuff on the list. (The list is generated by corp based on computer inventory and it sometimes is the case that store inventory doesn't match the list, or else that they can't find stuff that's on the list). They almost always will disallow any other discounts on top of the list (coupons, etc.)

But if the item is in the store, locatable, the SKU matches exactly, and you're willing to pay the price on the list for the item as-is...nope, I've never encountered that...at ANY Guitar Center. The list is god, pretty much, as that goes...If you are having that problem, ask to talk to the manager...or call corporate.

• Members

I almost hate to ask, but does anyone know if there will be another Fender Friday at MF this week?

Ahh, yes. Enquiring minds would love to know.

Although i feel it is a bit early, last week we found out about 1 day before, IIRC.

• Members

I almost hate to ask, but does anyone know if there will be another Fender Friday at MF this week?

Most likely since they still have it posted on the main MF page.

Fender Friday Hotline

Limited Quantity - Call Fridays From 4 a.m. To 11 p.m. PT. 866-926-1929

• Members

As far as we know, they are running indefinitely. I'm sure they will end at some point and I would suspect that MF would announce "Final Fender Friday" or something close to that. Considering Fender Friday is still on the homepage of MF, you can probably be quite confident that we will have one this week.. :thu:

• Members

Most likely since they still have it posted on the main MF page.

Fender Friday Hotline

Limited Quantity - Call Fridays From 4 a.m. To 11 p.m. PT. 866-926-1929

I guess I repeated you here.. Sorry about that..

• Members
As far as we know, they are running indefinitely. I'm sure they will end at some point and I would suspect that MF would announce "Final Fender Friday" or something close to that. Considering Fender Friday is still on the homepage of MF, you can probably be quite confident that we will have one this week..
:thu:

Yeah, it will be like WOW. One day they'll say "all done" and that will be that.

And the world will be a little sadder for it...

• Members

Fender Highway 1 Telecaster $630.00

Made in USA

The Highways are cool models (imo). I just can't get along with the big frets. That aside though very cool. I was actually pricing out Highway 1 Tele bodies when the blackout deal came up. I like the idea of the thin finish with the more traditional pup routings.

• Members
The Highways are cool models (imo). I just can't get along with the big frets. That aside though very cool. I was actually pricing out Highway 1 Tele bodies when the blackout deal came up. I like the idea of the thin finish with the more traditional pup routings.

When changing the guard on my Hwy 1 Tele, I was pleased to see a nice solid wood surface. They drilled a tunnel for the neck pup cable instead of cutting a route for it. I was half-tempted to leave the guard off for good and just putty in the 8 screw holes. That "midnight wine" stain is really pretty! :love:

"Highway 1" might be the lowest-end of the USA Fender line, but having had one for a couple months now, I consider them a big step up from the MIM Fenders. Mine was an 07 NOS that I scored at Best Buy for less than $500, but if you can grab one for anything under $700 I say "go for it!" :thu:

Archived