July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links and Craigslist links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction. :rolleyes:

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

Did I mention:

NO SPAM!!:mad:

Also, there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a seperate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

starting tomorrow, guitarcenter.com 15% off an item, july 3rd through july 5th, coupon code JULY4. may be possible to place individual items into seperate orders and get the discount on multiple items -- not confirmed yet obviously -- although in that case you may have to clear browser settings between orders. samash had something like that once where you could repeat the discount by clearing cache between orders.

music123.com is doing another tiered "instant savings" sale, where different spending totals result in different tiers of discount. limited to certain brands. http://www.music123.com/Instant-Savings-g20054t0.Music123 list of brands

• Members

MF call-ins:

Rickenbacker 330: $999

'62 Reissue Jazzmaster: $999

Elvis Costello Jazzmaster: $1299

Road Worn Strat or Tele: $599

Melody Maker: $249

Also... Ampeg J20: $299 at Sam Ash online. Currently sold out, but the price is there on the website, potential for a GC price match.

• Members

MF call-ins:

Rickenbacker 330: $999

'62 Reissue Jazzmaster: $999

Elvis Costello Jazzmaster: $1299

Road Worn Strat or Tele: $599

Melody Maker: $249

Also... Ampeg J20: $299 at Sam Ash online. Currently sold out, but the price is there on the website, potential for a GC price match.

I cannot find this Ampeg j20 advertised on Samash how about a link?

• Members

I apologize for the question here, but I'm leaving for a Sam Ash store in about an hour in the search for an Ampeg J20.

I remember reading back in the June thread about someone who had a Sam Ash coupon and got an Ampeg J20 for around $260 out the door. I think the guy was from Mass.

Anyway, I cant find any Sam Ash coupons, and wondered if anyone could direct me to them before I leave.

Thanks.

• Members

cns_2b.jpg

Another sale... and maybe you can use it in addition to the fender friday!!!

or maybe with the rw fenders???

:idk:

hope this helps!

Omar

most likely they will not let you combine "specials." the phone deals are very low "special" prices so they are already heavily discounted. a CR may make a mistake but it would be double dipping.

• Members

most likely they will not let you combine "specials." the phone deals are very low "special" prices so they are already heavily discounted. a CR may make a mistake but it would be double dipping.

I tried to get a Fender Amer. Standard Tele using this discount...and the rep said it does not apply to Fender. Reading the exclusions it is similar to GC (meaning most good stuff doesn;t apply!)

Maybe some of you will have better luck than I did! GL!

• Members

Based on my personal prior experiences and the experiences of others, of you get a CSR that doesn't work with you on combining these offers, call back a few times to see if you can find a CSR to work with you.. I have found this works for me.. good luck! :thu:

• Members

Called GC multiple times and they wouldn't price match MF's Road Worn Teles over the phone. Went to my Local GC had them Price Match a Blonde 50's Tele WITH the 10% of the difference and got it for $570. $1 below GC's cost. I suggest you guys doing this. Almost pulled a trigger on a Road Worn 50's strat as well but couldn't justify it as I already have a '76 strat that naturally relic'd so I decided to pass. Thanks guys for the deal.

• Members

Called GC multiple times and they wouldn't price match MF's Road Worn Teles over the phone. Went to my Local GC had them Price Match a Blonde 50's Tele WITH the 10% of the difference and got it for $570. $1 below GC's cost. I suggest you guys doing this. Almost pulled a trigger on a Road Worn 50's strat as well but couldn't justify it as I already have a '76 strat that naturally relic'd so I decided to pass. Thanks guys for the deal.

Did you have to pay tax? Mine was out the door 600.00 in So. Cal (out tax rate in LA county just went to 9.75%).

I showed my MF email that I purchased a 50s RW Strat and even though he know Blonde wasn't on sale he just said F it and gave it to me. Things are tough at GC retail. I'm really wondering what the July 4 sale will be like.

• Members

The Guitar Center in Roseville, MN has a NOS Rock Candy Custom "Black Star" from Daisy Rock for $149 plus tax.

It's pretty sweet. Lightweight, string-through bridge, dual HB (with a coil-splitter switch built into the tone knob), black satin finish. Looks a little like an LP Special, feels a little like a Tele (except with contours), weighs less than a Melody Maker.

This is one of the not-so-girly looking Daisy Rock guitars. The fretboard inlays are star-shaped, but otherwise it's style fairly gender-neutral.

If I didn't already have so many dual-HB guitars I would snap it up in a heartbeat! It would be a fabulous "beater" guitar for those gigs you have to play from behind chicken wire.

• Members

Somebody jump on this! Bolt on Mahog neck!

$479 on Amazon!

41BPmazYDjL._SS400_.jpg

Those Satin finishes are pretty delicate. I've seen some badly-scuffed ones in GC stores in the recent past. The one I saw was actually very clean though. For $149 it's a SICK deal.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't know if I mentioned it, but I have no will-power whatsoever, so if nobody snaps it up before I get off work this evening, I'm very likely to cave. So go buy it before 6:00, or I'll probably fail to pay my electric bill on time this month.

Archived