July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just got shipping confirmation and tracking number email from MF on Blackout Tele...

Should be here early next week then.

I haven't received my order confirmation on the Tele, much less the shipping confirmation. What time did you order? I ordered at 4:25 am (pacific time) I wonder if they are just behind on the verifications because so many of us are buying these teles..

• Members

I haven't received my order confirmation on the Tele, much less the shipping confirmation. What time did you order? I ordered at 4:25 am (pacific time) I wonder if they are just behind on the verifications because so many of us are buying these teles..

I ordered mine at around 9 a.m. (eastern) this morning. The CSR gave me the order number right off and I was sent an order acknowledgment e-mail about a half hour later.

• Members

I wonder what could be taking so long.. Maybe I'll call them back..

Yeah making me nervous actually. I would be pissed if the customer service guy didn't put my order in actually. I am used to seeing order confirmations within the hour, so far, nothing.

• Members

Yeah making me nervous actually. I would be pissed if the customer service guy didn't put my order in actually. I am used to seeing order confirmations within the hour, so far, nothing.

Same here man.. I called MF and the CSR told me that the confirmation is usually sent in 24 hours (but I have been ordering from them for years and the confirmation numbers comes within an hour)..

I ordered the Tele with my MF card at 4:25 am (because of the 12 months interest free) and I placed another order on my regular credit card at around 9 am.. I have the confirmation on the latter, but not the former..

I wonder does it take longer to process orders on the MF card? Could someone confirm or disprove this theory?

• Members

Good thing I checked back as my card was declined as I mistakenly gave them the wrong expiration. Had I not contacted them I wouldn't have found out it was declined until too late after the deal was gone. As it was they said even though my order was in at 8am or so had they ran out before I called in an had them charge a different card I would have been SOL.

Thanks Ouzhewen for making me skeptical enough to call MF once it appeared it was taking way too long to receive my order confirmation.

Once I talked to the verification department at MF, once I got off the phone I checked my email and there is order acknowledgement. Life is good now.

• Members

FWIW.....I used a reg ol' MasterCard to place my Blackout order. But I am very surprised that some people have not gotten an E-mail acknowledgment recognizing that the order was placed.

I have yet to get an e-mail saying it's shipped out but I don't expect that today anyways. I don't hold to much with the tracking number either. I have had their site say they had no info on tracking the order while at the same time the mailman was walking up the stairs and put it the box.

• Members

Good thing I checked back as my card was declined as I mistakenly gave them the wrong expiration. Had I not contacted them I wouldn't have found out it was declined until too late after the deal was gone. As it was they said even though my order was in at 8am or so had they ran out before I called in an had them charge a different card I would have been SOL.

Thanks Ouzhewen for making me skeptical enough to call MF once it appeared it was taking way too long to receive my order confirmation.

Once I talked to the verification department at MF, once I got off the phone I checked my email and there is order acknowledgement. Life is good now.

:cop:Your post gave me a flashback as I read it of when I had my card declined because of a miss-communication with regards to that security number on the back. They didn't really go out of their way to let me know until about 3 days later....

At any rate I called them and they said everything was cool with my order and that the axe should be going out this afternoon some time.

• Members

:cop:Your post gave me a flashback as I read it of when I had my card declined because of a miss-communication with regards to that security number on the back. They didn't really go out of their way to let me know until about 3 days later....

At any rate I called them and they said everything was cool with my order and that the axe should be going out this afternoon some time.

:thu: Better to be safe than sorry, especially on these deals with limited stock.

• Members

I need a tele...but have a LPB 72 thinline reissue on layaway at my fave ma and pa...and while that doesn't fill the need for a traditional tele...I just can't get on with that blackout...

And I already jumped on that Ampeg J20 deal and a Yamaha FG750s for 300 at the same ma and pa...

Which was at the shop I mentioned was selling at cost...today only...

Always nice to hear about guys on here nabbing up some good deals from MF...

• Members

Regarding why some orders go through faster than others...

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it may have something to do with the difference between using a credit card or a check card.

With a check card, they put a hold on the card. The cash isn't in their hands until the next day though.

With a credit card, I believe that's instant verification, so those orders may be getting a head start.

• Members

well, I was just told by a CSR rep that the Worn White Melody Maker deal is done. They said Gibson called them and told them to take it down.

Well - this is rather disturbing. We had some forumites that were sitting on the fence on this - kind of stewing on wheter to pull the trigger. I ordered mine on Wednesday. They said the had quite a few in stock then.

Has this happened to anyone else?

- w

• Members

^^^

UPDATE: I just called MF to check on my order for the Melody Maker (which is fine - in transit), and my CSR said that they still had MM's in stock but that "Gibson is not letting us discount their products anymore..." I don't know what the impact will be going forward, or when and if the deep discounts will return on the Gibson products - I don't think the rep knew either. But I thought I would pass along what the CSR told me at 5:15 CT today (07/03/2009).

- w

Archived