July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fender Friday deal will be Blackout Tele 299.

Thanks for the heads up MorganB - been gassin' for a tele for quite a while. Lowest price I've seen in ages.

My company decided to close today for the holiday since business is slow - but instead of sleeping in I got up @ 4:00am to grab one of these, before all my east coast brothers snatched them all up.

MF had many other Fender deals on today

• Members

I just got a Nashville Tele a few weeks ago, so I have no use for this. Don't really think a neck pup in the middle position is a good idea, but this can be swapped out for a strat pup to convert this guitar into a Nashville. Like someone said, I would get this if it was $199-$249, but for $299, I will pass, though it is still a good price of course, considering the new MIMs are on 'sale' for $499.

• Members

Doggone it- I just bought a MIM Tele this week, and I told myself that I was not at all interested in this from the description and then...

I looked at it...

534412.jpg

:love::love::love:

I ordered one...

:facepalm:

I actually told a guy working at Guitar Center last night that it was a crying shame (for them) that MF was eating their lunch with all these deals.

• Members

phew. Just called in, couldn't get a Roadworn Telecaster in Blonde for $599. Don't want a blackout telecaster, but had the blonde roadworn been available I would have been in trouble.

I did learn the 2TS roadworn at $599 is good through July 26.

• Members

Weird, the pics of the Blackout tele in post #55 from Elderly's website looks like the hardware is black chrome, but the pics on MF site it looks like plain boring chrome. Anyone know for sure which it is?

• Members

I guarantee that if they had listed this at $889 like the Jag, everyone would be scrambling to get one.

I don't honestly understand what makes the Jag such a better deal than the Tele other than the list price, which was probably over-inflated anyway.

• Members

I guarantee that if they had listed this at $889 like the Jag, everyone would be scrambling to get one.

I don't honestly understand what makes the Jag such a better deal than the Tele other than the list price, which was probably over-inflated anyway.

It's a sweet deal. Worth getting for the tinted Tele neck alone(imo). Just part the rest out for $200 or so.

• Members

Made In Japan. Some people (myself included) feel Japanese guitars are in many cases as good as USA.

I think many MIMs when upgraded (like Classic Player or the RW) are now meeting the Japanese level.

Obviously in both cases the price is much higher than what you see on standard MIMs. Also standard MIMs (and even the Buddy Guy) use the ceramic pickups which I'm not fond of.

Just an opinion.

• Members

FYI: I called MF on the HERO and BLUE sales as I wanted this Wah Pedal:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-KH95-Kirk-Hammett-Crybaby-Wah-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=582115#new
593065.jpg

The sales give me 10% off as this is 159.99, I asked if they could do better. Surprising the CSR at MF said, "ok, how about 15% off," I said ok. I got it for $135 even. If you are planning to use one of these sales, I would say call first, they may give you a better sale..

• Members

I hope quite a bit. i know for certain, I won't like the 9" radius. I'll probably slap on a lefty EDEN tele neck and get $200 for the Fender neck.

On second thought if I could get $200 for the Fender neck, I could get a Warmoth Vintage Pro tele neck reversed headstock compound radius maple/maple with a wide 1-3/4" nut width and stainless steel frets and still have cash left over. Hmmmm...

How much do you think one could fetch for the neck off that tele?

• Members

I hope quite a bit. i know for certain, I won't like the 9" radius. I'll probably slap on a lefty EDEN tele neck and get $200 for the Fender neck.

I wanna buy a warmoth bubinga compound radius neck with rosewood fretboard for it but don't wanna laydown the cash if the neck won't go for 200$ I also know I won't like the neck

• Members

I wanna buy a warmoth bubinga compound radius neck with rosewood fretboard for it but don't wanna laydown the cash if the neck won't go for 200$ I also know I won't like the neck

I would guesstimate that $150 would be a conservative amount. But $200 like Fusion1 mentioned is not a stretch, especially if you include the tuners. Factor in if you sell it in minty condition....Hell it might fetch more!

• Members

I almost get sad when I hear you guys talk about "parting out" brand new guitars. I guess I'm just sentimental.

I know...It's like watching those freshly hatched sea turtles getting picked off on their way to the ocean. Sure it's natures way but you still feel a little sad about it all.

Archived