New Gibson LP Goldtop w/P90's, $849!

docjeffrey

• Members
{censored}in' A! I showed my wife the goldtop yesterday, and she thought it looked great. However, we just bought a place, and are up to our eyeballs in debt now. Would it make me the world's biggest douchebag if I bought one????

Yes. And I'm in the same boat. :cry:

SB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored}in' A! I showed my wife the goldtop yesterday, and she thought it looked great. However, we just bought a place, and are up to our eyeballs in debt now. Would it make me the world's biggest douchebag if I bought one????

A new house needs some classy stuff to hang on the walls, right?

• Members
so what retailer should i use for my best chances on getting a goldtop or honeyburst?

Sweetwater for Honeyburst (as of yesterday).... gold tops are sold out everywhere....

I have a honeyburst on hold
(check your PM)

:wave:

Omar

• Members
Just paint a goldtop.All the original blacktops were repainted goldtops like this one below. According to the website the photo(below) came from:

"This is a 1953 goldtop that was sent back to the factory in 1963 and black topped. Since Gibson and Les Paul had parted company by '63, the headstock was refinished w/o the LP name."

1953-lp-small.jpg

Hmm, that's an idea. I'm a new player and my technical know-how is low, but I've got a couple of friends who could help if needed.

Now if only they weren't backordered to high heaven....

• Members

i put myself on sweetwaters waiting list, for a honeyburst. i'm. 8th, with only 7 available, so only 1 person has to flake on buying it, which is almost guaranteed to happen. especially if the wait is over a month.

i might call around and see if any other retailers have open preorders so im guaranteed to get one

• Members

i put myself on sweetwaters waiting list, for a honeyburst. i'm. 8th, with only 7 available, so only 1 person has to flake on buying it, which is almost guaranteed to happen. especially if the wait is over a month.

i might call around and see if any other retailers have open preorders so im guaranteed to get one

I am seventh in the gt list and number 1 in the honey list... Saul at ccm has preorders open for honeys...

• Members
It would be even better if it had:

a) a wrap-around bridge

b) no top

c) only one P90 in the bridge, mounted on the body

d) 'Junior' written somewhere in the area of the headstock.

i like two pickups and a bridge that adjusts for intonation :idk:

• Members
I ordered a HB from AMS - also went through Bing for the 6% cashback and got an email from Bing showing $50.xx for my transaction, so I am assuming that my order's gonna stick...
:idk:

Call them and they will tell you how many they are getting,when they will ship and if you are in line to get one.

• Members

although it is a studio and I typically can't stand the Studios, adding the P90s makes it appealing to me, I like the faded honey and the satin ebony a lot, so maybe there will be a NGDx2 thread soon who knows, I will go check them out though.

• Members
Gold.
:thu:

I actually bought the black Epiphone on Thursday. It was a total impulse, it seemed cheap so I bid but I'm kind of kicking myself because I had a short list of guitars I was looking at and another P90 was definitely not on it.

I think this Studio thing upset my GAS, I thought I had it in equilibrium--torn between 3 or 4 guitars I wasn't buying anything--and then, BAM! P90 Les Paul.

• Members

Can anyone explain to me what I'm missing by NOT buying one of these and sticking with my faded double cut special?

Whats that Maple top and extra body mass gonna do to the sound.

I ask, because my cheapie LP special is the BEST sounding p90 guitar I have ever played...sounds better than my old '66 SG junior I had, and my loaner '54black beauty reissue.

Hows this gonna sound compared with say an LP junior?

I'm interested....

:thu:

• Members

Ok! Gibson is a corporation. Bottom line is $'s, profit! Financially their ass is in a crack with all the unpaid loans they are defaulting on. They are spending more on lawyers than $'s for r&d. IF THIS GUITAR SELLS DONT WORRY! It WILL stay in production. The first batch will definately be collectors items, I think. I bought the first run of the Studio when they came out and it has NOT increased in value. It was a piece of {censored} anyhow! It will be very interesting when the reviews begin coming in here. I definately want one but am going to wait. "Once bitten twice shy."

• Members

I just can't afford to put one of these on order right now even at the great price, times are tough at the moment. Was out of work for half of last year. Working since January but still trying to catch up. I did play one of those new Epiphone P90 guitars last week, was most excellent, better than anticipated - so I might have to go that route.

686773.jpg

Archived