New Gibson LP Goldtop w/P90's, $849!

docjeffrey

• Members

Another point.

Dunno if they've upped their game a bit, but LOTS of unbound Gibbos I have played have had sharp fret ends...when Gibson get the binding right (which they often dont...gaps between the fret ends and the binding nibs are not that uncommon) it is a very nice playing experience.

:thu:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The bold below is mine...

Keep believing the fairy tale that Gibson knows what they are doing if you want to, I know they do not.
It only is showing how ignorant you are.

And in case you didn't know dumbass
, I own a PRS private stock ME 1, I harldy think this is going to break the bank, not that it is any of YOUR business anyway.

I'm sorry, I just thought it was funny to see somebody trashing Wyatt's "ignorance" on these boards.:lol::cop:

Carry on...

• Members
83145.jpg

Also available in worn ebony, HCSB, honeyburst, white.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPST50-LIST

Shipping 6/29 for some colors; 8/7 for others.

This has got me thinking. There are lots of black LP Studios on the used market. How hard would it be to scrape the "binding" and strip the back for a natural finish? This question may show up in a dedicated thread.

D

• Members

For those ordering the Goldtop, you are all too late to meet the 6/29 shipping. I've called zsounds, AMS, and sameday music, all will only be receiving about 15 goldtops each and they have a backorder of 40+. So do the math. The second shipping of the goldtop is undermined due to the flooding situation at Gibson. I believe these will be instant collectors, specially the goldtop looking so similar to the 1955 Les Paul costing $3300. Good thing I placed an order for the Honeyburst and I'm number 6 in the waiting list which will be due to ship on early August.

• Members
Keep believing the fairy tale that Gibson knows what they are doing if you want to, I know they do not. It only is showing how ignorant you are.

And in case you didn't know dumbass, I own a PRS private stock ME 1, I harldy think this is going to break the bank, not that it is any of YOUR business anyway.

u-mad1.jpg

• Members

Oh well, I'm glad I got my preorder in regardless. It's a sweet looking guitar, and the fact that it's a somewhat limited-edition with a story behind it (the flood and everything) will make it more special.

The only thing I've ever preordered before have been books and video games, so I'm pretty excited about this.

It sounds like there's quite a lot of demand for a dressed-up Studio model... makes me wonder if we'll be having tribute/reissues being announced on a regular basis now.

• Members
Oh man, I keep seeing these in posts here, and I MISS THE BINDING!

Petty, aint I!
:D

:thu:

Yes you are. Course, my LP is a faded Studio because I specifically didn't want the bling.

Anyway, This is my favorite finish from these new Specials:

83147.jpg

:love:

• Members

For those ordering the Goldtop, you are all too late to meet the 6/29 shipping. I've called zsounds, AMS, and sameday music, all will only be receiving about 15 goldtops each and they have a backorder of 40+. So do the math. The second shipping of the goldtop is undermined due to the flooding situation at Gibson. I believe these will be instant collectors, specially the goldtop looking so similar to the 1955 Les Paul costing $3300. Good thing I placed an order for the Honeyburst and I'm number 6 in the waiting list which will be due to ship on early August.

I ordered a goldtop from Amazon on 5/20. I wonder if I will really get it.

• Members
My Edwards goldtop with P-90s was cheaper and has real binding.

As much of a Gibson fanboy that I am, this guy makes a good point. I recently bought a used, beat to {censored} Edwards and the thing is still great! :rawk:
Id have to say, if I was buying sight unseen I would go for the Edwards

E-LP-85SD_P.jpg

• Members

I ordered a goldtop from Amazon on 5/20. I wonder if I will really get it.

Amazon does not directly sell the guitar. Amazon is like the middleman that uses music vendors that are in their network, such as Musiciansfriend, AMS...etc to ship thier musical gear from. On your invoice, it should state what vendor is shipping the goldtop. That vendor is not immune to Gibson's shipping and inventory dilemma.

• Members
As much of a Gibson fanboy that I am, this guy makes a good point. I recently bought a used, beat to {censored} Edwards and the thing is still great!
:rawk:

E-LP-85SD_P.jpg

Yes, but its not a Gibson...enuff said.:)

• Members

Amazon does not directly sell the guitar. Amazon is like the middleman that uses music vendors that are in their network, such as Musiciansfriend, AMS...etc to ship thier musical gear from. On your invoice, it should state what vendor is shipping the goldtop. That vendor is not immune to Gibson's shipping and inventory dilemma.

My invoice says:

Items Ordered

1 of: Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute, Worn Gold Top

Condition: New

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

delivery estimate: July 9, 2010 - August 12, 2010

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

• Members

My invoice says:

Items Ordered

1 of: Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute, Worn Gold Top

Condition: New

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

delivery estimate: July 9, 2010 - August 12, 2010

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

I got invoices saying the same thing as yours, but upon arrival the shipping label or packaging invoice will state were it was shipped from. Hopefully you get your goldtop within the expected delivery time frame.

• Members

I got invoices saying the same thing as yours, but upon arrival the shipping label or packaging invoice will state were it was shipped from. Hopefully you get your goldtop within the expected delivery time frame.

Thanks! I called Amazon and they said they would ship the guitar directly from their warehouse.

• Moderators
As much of a Gibson fanboy that I am, this guy makes a good point. I recently bought a used, beat to {censored} Edwards and the thing is still great!
:rawk:

E-LP-85SD_P.jpg

I owned one of those and loved it a lot, but the neck was too thin, so this Studio has everything that I want, thin finish, fat neck and P90s, I may even refret it with stainless and bind the fretboard

• Members

{censored}in' A! I showed my wife the goldtop yesterday, and she thought it looked great. However, we just bought a place, and are up to our eyeballs in debt now. Would it make me the world's biggest douchebag if I bought one????

• Members
The goldtops certainly are nice looking but not really my thing. Now if there was a blacktop... I'd probably cave.

Just paint a goldtop.All the original blacktops were repainted goldtops like this one below. According to the website the photo(below) came from:

"This is a 1953 goldtop that was sent back to the factory in 1963 and black topped. Since Gibson and Les Paul had parted company by '63, the headstock was refinished w/o the LP name."

1953-lp-small.jpg

Archived